Jacob Tremblay Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Jacob / Jake
Born in: Vancouver, British Columbia
Famous as: Child Actor
father: Jason Tremblay
mother: Christina Candia Tremblay
siblings: Emma Tremblay, Erica
City: Vancouver, Canada
education: Lynn Fripps Elementary
This ten year old lad isn’t just a pretty face; he is also witty and ingenious. He has stolen the hearts of millions in the movie ‘Room’ where he portrays a long haired boy locked up in a room with his mother. His performance in the movie won him not only several fans but also the prestigious ‘Critic’s Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer in a Leading role’ at the Canadian Cinema and Television Awards. He has been fortunate enough to work with many of the big guns of the industry. Known for his charm and grace, he has won the hearts of popular show hosts and mega stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen DeGeneres. As a young star he takes pride in his work and at the same time puts in humongous efforts to develop his acting skills. He has outwitted even the seasoned Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel on their shows! He has a following of a whopping 446K fans on Instagram and on Twitter a fan base of more than 70K.
- As a child artist he began his career at the age of six, when he made his film debut in the live-action animation ‘The Smurfs 2’ as Blue Winslow, which aired in 2013. He also starred as Cody in ‘Before I Awake’, and his all-time best performance came in his 2015 movie ‘Room.’ He was invited on several shows for interviews like the ‘The Ellen DeGeneresShow’, and with reputed hosts such as Conan and Jimmy Kimmel. He has since then attended several award shows, even the Oscars! He was nominated for ‘Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role’ at the ‘Screen Actors Guild Awards’, making him the youngest ever to be nominated in such a category. Though he didn’t win the award, his nomination was considered a major achievement for such a young artist. The same year he won the ‘Critics Choice Award’ for his role in the ‘Room.’ There is no stopping Jacob, as in 2016 he signed five films, and also played a supporting role in the 2016 film ‘Donald Trump’s The Art of the Deal: The Movie.’
- Needless to mention that he possesses remarkable acting skills and adorable looks, Jacob—betterknown as Jake by his friends and Hollywood—isthe perfect package of both intelligence and good looks. He is a brilliant performer and instantaneously picks up suggestions and feedbacks to better his performance. He has a lot of humor stored in his head and uses it wisely at interviews and on his social accounts. Coming from a family that supports him, his parents take great initiatives in the progress of their son. He is successful yet humble; he supports various foundations and organizations for the needy and downtrodden. In all, he is what many would call a perfect child.
- Besides being a lego enthusiast, he is a ‘Star Wars’ fanatic as well; he loves both the old and current series of the movie. His favorite actor is Oscar Isaac. He loves the red carpet and makes cute and novel poses for the cameras. His favorite ‘Marvel Superhero’ is Ironman. Most importantly he loves meeting his favorite actors and stars at the event shows. He loves spending time with his family and hanging out at the park with his friends. He shares a wonderful rapport with all his co-stars especially Brie Larson, his ‘Room’ co-star.
- He is the son of police detective Jason Tremblay and homemaker Christina Tremblay. He has two sisters; both of them are child actors as well. He loves his siblings and even loves school. He takes pride in the success of his siblings. He was born in British Columbia and is currently residing in Canada. Like all children, he loves chocolates especially Hershey’s chocolate candies. He loves his father’s job as he finds it dangerous and cool at the same time since he gets to be a hero and catch all the bad guys. He wishes to someday play a part in the ‘Star Wars’ movie. He is also working with Naomi Watts in the movies ‘The Book of Henry’ and ‘Shut In.’ He currently keeps his fans updated with his posts on both Instagram and Twitter. He has already proved to be a splendid actor and is not long away from becoming one of the most celebrated actors of his time!
- He is a huge fan of the ‘Star Wars’ movies and named his dog ‘Rey’ after the protagonist of the blockbuster movie ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed