Moses Martin Biography
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Moses Bruce Anthony Martin
Born in: Manhattan, New York City
Famous as: Chris Martin's Son
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
Moses Martin is the younger son of actress, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Chris Martin, the lead singer of the British rock band ‘Coldplay’. Much of his fame is the result of being the child of celebrity parents who often post his images on Instagram. Moses has grown up in front of the eyes of the millions of fans, both Chris and Gwyneth have. Gwyneth Paltrow is, after all, an Academy Award winner for her performance in ‘Shakespeare in Love’. Besides she also played Pepper Pots in Marvel’s ‘Iron Man’ franchise and in ‘Avengers: Endgame’. Chris Martin, on the other hand, is a Grammy Award winning artist Thus it is no surprise that Moses Martin was born under the spotlight. With paparazzi and fans wanting to get a glimpse of the celebrity child, his images are all over the social media. However, he continues to have a sheltered childhood, as much as possible under the watchful eyes of his parents.
- Fame and celebrity kids go hand in hand. Most of the times it is not even a choice for them. In this millennial world of Instagram, celebrity kids become famous on social media from the moment they are born. Moses Martin is no exception. Gwyneth Paltrow was introduced to Chris Martin backstage at a Coldplay concert in 2002. Soon after, reports began to emerge of them dating. On December 5, 2003, the celebrity couple tied the knot and a year later welcomed their first child Apple Martin. Naturally, when reports began to emerge in 2005 on Gwyneth expecting a second child, the media frenzy began about the unborn child.
- Moses Martin was born on April 9, 2006. The inspiration for his name was the song “Moses” written by ‘Coldplay’ for Chris’ wife Paltrow. Of course, media attention followed with the announcement of the birth. In spite of the best efforts of the parents, invasive paparazzi followed them around and snapped images of the child. Moses Martin was famous even before he could understand the word ‘fame’. But there was also a lot of negative attention on the family from the media, after his birth. Gwyneth Paltrow suffered from postpartum depression or PPD after Moses was born, and had to undergo therapy. Many media outlets looking for gossip and headline-making news lapped this up and mentioned Moses in their headlines. This negative publicity was criticized by many. It did bring even more fame to the child.
- However, Moses continued to grow up in a loving family. Often images of him started popping up on the Instagram accounts of both Chris and Gwyneth. Pictures of him on holidays in Italy, Mexico, etc. only endeared him to fans. Blessed with good looks, he has developed a fan following of his own, especially amongst teenagers. Moses Martin and his sister Apple found themselves in the news again when in 2014, their parents separated. This ‘conscious uncoupling’ after ten years of marriage brought the question of custody of the kids. The parents tried their best to shield the children from media scrutiny.
- More media frenzy began when Gwyneth filed for divorce in April 2015. Moses Martin was hounded by the paparazzi whenever he went out with his parents. Their divorce was finalized on July 14, 2016. Since the divorce, both parents remain close friends and are bringing up the children together.
- Moses Martin was born on April 9, 2006 in Manhattan, New York City. He has an elder sister Apple Martin, who was born on May 14, 2004. His grandparents on his mother’s side are actress Blythe Danner and producer Bruce Paltrow. His grandparents on his father’s side are Anthony John Martin and Alison Martin. Both he and his sister attend ‘LA’s Harvard-Westlake School’ and take the bus to school. But in 2017, there were reports that Chris wanted to change their school after there was an unrelated racism incident in the school.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed