Mimi Keene Biography
Mimi Keene is a British actress, best known for playing Cindy Williams in the long-running television series ‘EastEnders.’ She was nominated for the ‘British Soap Awards’ and ‘Inside Soap Awards’ for her performance in ‘EastEnders.’ She is also known for playing Ruby in the popular comedy-drama web television series ‘Sex Education.’ After starting her career as a stage actress at ‘The Royal Court Theatre’ in London, Keene went on to become a prominent television actress. She has also appeared in a couple of feature films, such as ‘Close.’ With thousands of followers on Twitter and Instagram, Mimi Keene is popular in social media. She currently lives in London along with her pet animals.
- Mimi Keene was born on August 5, 1998, in England, where she was raised along with her younger brother. She went to the ‘Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts’ in London where she studied performing arts.
- While attending ‘Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts,’ she got an opportunity to play Janey in a stage play titled ‘Kin’ at ‘The Royal Court Theatre.’ She played the character from November 19 to December 23, 2010, when she was just 12 years old. In 2010, she was also seen in a TV commercial for the popular UK-based fashion and homeware retail company ‘Matalan.’
- Mimi Keene made her television debut in 2013 when she was cast to play Brandy May Lou in one of the episodes of children's television comedy-drama series ‘Sadie J.’ In the same year, she voiced Eurayle, Stheno, and Medusa in José Luis Márquez-directed video game ‘Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.’
- In 2013, Keene was also seen in a TV series documentary titled ‘School for Stars.’ Thereafter, she portrayed Jade Dawes in David Drury-directed television film ‘Our Girl,’ which narrates the story of Molly Dawes. She also played the role of a carnival dancer in one of the episodes of the popular television program ‘Children in Need.’
- Mimi Keene received her breakthrough role in 2013, when she was cast to play Cindy Williams in the famous British soap opera ‘EastEnders.’ She became a series regular, and appeared in 122 episodes, from 2013 to 2015. Keene's appearance in the popular series made her a household name in the United Kingdom. In 2014, she was nominated at the ‘British Soap Awards’ for ‘Best Young Performance’ for her role in ‘EastEnders.’ The following year, she was nominated for the ‘Inside Soap Awards’ for ‘Best Young Actor.’
- In 2014, she once again voiced Euryale, Medusa, and Stheno in Jesús Cobo-directed video game ‘Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.’
- In 2015, she appeared as herself in a TV movie titled ‘Eastenders: Backstage with Zoe Ball & Joe Swash.’ The following year, she played Lana Westmore in an episode (High Tide) of the long-running medical drama series ‘Casualty.’
- She played Megan in the 2017 Paul J. Franklin-directed short film ‘The Escape.’ She made her feature film debut in 2019, when she was cast to play Claire in Vicky Jewson-directed action thriller film ‘Close.’ The film’s lead character is inspired by a famous female bodyguard named Jacquie Davis. ‘Close’ was released on ‘Netflix’ on January 18, 2019.
- In 2019, Keene was cast to play Young Edith Tolkien in a biographical drama film titled ‘Tolkien.’ The film is about writer, philologist, and Professor John Ronald Reuel Tolkien who is best known for his fantasy novels, such as ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit.’ In the same year, she joined the main cast of comedy-drama web television series ‘Sex Education.’ She plays a popular but mean girl Ruby. In 2019, she was also cast to play Bianca in Agnieszka Rosinska-directed drama film ‘Love me Lilah!’
- Archive footages of her character Cindy Williams have been used in other television movies and series. One such footage was used in 2015 in the long-running British television reality program ‘Gogglebox.’ Similar footage was used in a 2016 TV film titled ‘Bobby Beale: The Story So Far.’
- Mimi Keene is close to her father. On June 21, 2015, she posted a picture of her father on her official Instagram page, wishing him a happy ‘Father's Day.’ She also addressed him as the ‘best dad in the world.’ On January 8, 2016, she posted a picture of her mother, wishing her on her birthday. She is also close to her younger brother and spends a lot of time with him as well.
- She is friends with British actress Jasmine Carol Armfield, best known for playing Rebecca Fowler in ‘EastEnders.’ She often posts pictures of Jasmine Armfield on her Instagram page. She also posts pictures of her family members on her social media pages.
- Keene is popular on Instagram and Twitter where she has thousands of followers. She lives along with her pet animals in London. She is currently raising many dogs and cats, including her favorite kitten Luna.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed