Milo Ventimiglia Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Milo Anthony Ventimiglia
Born Country: United States
Born in: Anaheim, California, United States
Famous as: Actor
father: Peter Ventimiglia
mother: Carol, Carol Ventimiglia
siblings: Laurel Ventimiglia, Leslie Ventimiglia
City: Anaheim, California
U.S. State: California
education: El Modena High School, University of California
Milo Anthony Ventimiglia is an American actor, best known for his role as ‘Peter Petrelli’ in the NBC television series ‘Heroes.’ Milo decided at the age of eight that he wanted to win an ‘Oscar.’ He received a scholarship from San Francisco’s prestigious ‘American Conservatory Theater’ (A.C.T.) for their summer program and entered UCLA where he majored in theater. During that time, he made his professional acting debut in ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.’ Shortly thereafter, he was cast as the lead in the short film ‘Must Be the Music,’ which earned appreciation at that year’s ‘Sundance Film Festival.’ He then focused on balancing his career between film, television, and theater. His small screen experience includes a regular role in ‘Opposite Sex’ and starring as a regular in the hit series ‘Gilmore Girls’ where he played ‘Jess Mariano.’ He had a significant role in the final ‘Rocky’ film, ‘Rocky Balboa.’ He was the star of NBC's hit drama ‘Heroes,’ where he played the role of a medical caregiver with superpowers. He also tried his hand at direction with a short comedy titled ‘It’s a Mall World.’
- Ventimiglia was born on July 8, 1977, in Anaheim, California, USA, to Carol and Peter Ventimiglia. The youngest of three children, Ventimiglia has two older sisters, Leslie and Laurel.
- Graduating from ‘El Modena High School’ in Orange, California, in 1995, he attended a summer program at the ‘American Conservatory Theater.’ He attended UCLA as a theatre major.
- He landed his first starring role as ‘Jason,’ a gay teenager in ‘Must Be the Music,’ a1996 short film.
- He had minor roles in television series, such as ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel Air,’ ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,’ ‘Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,’ ‘Law and Order: Special Victims Unit,’ and ‘Boston Public.’
- He played the main character, ‘Jed Perry,’ a 15-year-old boy who moves to California with his father shortly after the death of his mother, in the short-lived FOX TV series ‘Opposite Sex’ in 2000.
- In the final season of the NBC drama ‘American Dreams’ (2004–2005), he played ‘Chris Pierce,’ the rebellious boyfriend of Meg Pryor who evades the draft and eventually escapes with Meg to California.
- In 2006, he starred in the mid-season replacement series ‘The Bedford Diaries,’ where he played ‘Richard Thorne.’ The show lasted only eight episodes.
- In ‘Cursed,’ a 2005 horror-comedy film directed by Wes Craven, he played the supporting role of ‘Bo.’ The film received largely negative reviews and failed miserably at the box-office.
- ‘Stay Alive,’ a 2006 horror film directed by William Brent Bell, saw this actor play the role of ‘Loomis Crowley.’ The film received negative reviews from the critics, but was a commercial success.
- ‘Intelligence,’ a short film starring the young actor, was directed by Allen Martinez. It was showcased in several film festivals in 2006. The background of this politically charged story is based on true historical events.
- In ‘Dirty Deeds,’ a 2005 comedy film, he portrayed ‘Zach Harper’ who sets out to complete the ten ‘Dirty Deeds’ on the Friday night of his high school's homecoming weekend.
- In 2006, he played the role of ‘Robert,’ a struggling corporate employee and son of Rocky, in the sixth installment of the ‘Rocky’ franchise, ‘Rocky Balboa.’
- He became a director in 2007 with ‘It's a Mall World,’ an original short comedy series made exclusively for ‘American Eagle Outfitters.’ The series explores the lives and relationships of two record store employees.
- In ‘Kiss of the Damned,’ a vampire film by Xan Cassavetes, he played the supporting role of ‘Paolo.’ The film was showcased at the 2013 ‘SXSW Film Festival’ and was then released in theaters.
- ‘Mob City’ is a neo-noir television series created by Frank Darabont for TNT. In the series, he starred as ‘Ned Stax,’ a lawyer who works for a mobster named Cohen.
- ‘Chosen’ is an action-adventure television series, starring Ventimiglia as ‘Ian Mitchell,’ a small-time defense lawyer struggling to raise his daughter in the aftermath of a messy separation from Laura Mitchell.
- From 2014 to 2019, he appeared in supporting roles in movies like ‘Grace of Monaco’ (2014), ‘Wild Card’ (2015), ‘Sandy Wexler’ (2017), and ‘Second Act’ (2018).
- In the meantime, he also did recurring roles in series like ‘Gotham’ (2015), ‘The League’ (2015), and ‘Relationship Status’ (2016). He also had a main role in the science fiction drama ‘The Whispers’ (2015).
- In 2016, he landed the lead role of ‘Jack Pearson’ in the NBC comedy drama series ‘This Is Us.’ The series follows the lives of the Pearson family and their children in different time frames.
- He was cast as the lead in the 2019 comedy-drama ‘The Art of Racing in the Rain’ opposite Amanda Seyfried. The movie generally received positive reviews and did well at the box-office too.
- From 2001 to 2004, Ventimiglia played ‘Jess Mariano’ in ‘Gilmore Girls’ — he was introduced in the second season as a main cast member, and appeared in a couple of episodes in the sixth season.
- He starred in his biggest role to date as ‘Peter Petrelli,’ a young hospice nurse-turned-paramedic who is blessed with the power to absorb and mimic the powers of other people, in NBC’s ‘Heroes’ from 2006 to 2010.
- His next big outing came in the form of his role in the comedy drama series ‘This Is Us’ where he played ‘Jack Pearson,’ a supportive husband of Rebecca and the father of three. The show, which premiered on NBC, was renewed for three additional seasons.
- Ventimiglia’s role in the television series ‘Heroes’ won him many nominations. In 2008, he won the ‘Teen Choice Award’ under the ‘Choice TV Actor: Action Adventure’ category for ‘Heroes.’
- For his performance in the TV series ‘This Is Us,’ Milo was nominated thrice at the ‘Primetime Emmys.’ He won the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ twice for ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Cast’ for the same series in 2018 and 2019.
- Ventimiglia has dated his ‘Gilmore Girls’ co-star Alexis Bledel and ‘Heroes’ co-star Hayden Panettiere in the past. He is a Lacto-vegetarian, a teetotaler, and does not smoke cigarettes.
- Ventimiglia took a ‘United Service Organization’ tour in 2008 in support of American troops in Kuwait, Iraq, and Afghanistan. He is also active on behalf of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.
- He was named the sexiest vegetarian in 2009 by the ‘People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals’ (PETA).
- This actor has a tattoo of a star on his upper arm. The tattoo refers to a lyric in Elvis Presley’s song ‘Pocketful of Rainbows.’
- Describing himself the actor once said, “I'm tough on the outside and soft on the inside. I’m really a shy guy. I'd rather be in the kitchen cooking than hanging out in a bar.”
Milo Ventimiglia Movies
1. Fight for Your Right Revisited (2011)
(Comedy, Short, Music)
2. Creed II (2018)
(Sport, Drama, Action)
3. The Art of Racing in the Rain (2019)
(Comedy, Drama, Romance, Sport)
4. Rocky Balboa (2006)
5. Pathology (2008)
(Thriller, Crime, Horror)
6. Second Act (2018)
7. She's All That (1999)
8. Dirty Deeds (2005)
|2017||Tearjerker||This Is Us (2016)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed