Melissa McKnight Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Born Country: England
Born in: England
Famous as: Actress, Ex-Wife of Matt LeBlanc
Height: 1.78 m
Spouse/Ex-: Anthony Esposito (m. 1990–1996), Matt LeBlanc (m. 2003–2006)
children: Jacqueline Esposito, Marina Pearl LeBlanc, Tyler Esposito
Melissa McKnight is an English actress and model. She is the ex-wife of famous actor Matt LeBlanc. Though she is English by birth, she moved to America at a very young age and acquired dual citizenship. She started her career as a model and was featured in many beauty campaigns and magazines as a cover girl before stepping into the film industry. She made her debut in 2001 with the movie ‘Triangles and Tribulations’. Already a popular actress and model, she gained even more fame following her marriage to ‘Friends’ star Matt LeBlanc. Before him, she had been married to Anthony Esposito, with whom she had two children before divorcing. She met Matt LeBlanc in 1997 through a mutual friend and after dating for one year, LeBlanc proposed to her. The couple finally tied the knot in May 2003 in Hawaii. After one year, the duo welcomed their daughter, Marina Pearl LeBlanc. Her marriage with LeBlanc ended in 2006, primarily due to his repetitive infidelity. As of now, she is reportedly single.
- Melissa McKnight was born on 10 March 1965, in England. She moved to America as a little girl and acquired dual citizenship. She is a very private person and has not disclosed any details about her parents or early life to the media.
- Melissa McKnight started her career as a model. She was featured in many top brands’ beauty campaigns and also appeared as a cover girl for various magazines, such as ‘Elle,’ ‘Cosmopolitan,’ and ‘Vogue.’ She became a popular model, following which she tried her luck in the film industry. In 2001, she finally made her debut with a role in the movie ‘Triangles and Tribulations’. She also gained much appreciation from the audience and critics for her incredible performance in the TV show ‘VH1: All Access’ (2001). In 2005, she made an appearance in ‘The 31st Annual People Choice Awards’.
- Melissa McKnight became very popular following her marriage to well-known ‘FRIENDS’ actor, Matt LeBlanc. Before LeBlanc, she was married to filmmaker Anthony Esposito. They had married in 1990 in a private wedding ceremony. The couple had two children, a son named Tyler Esposito, born in 1991, and a daughter named Jacqueline Esposito, born in 1995. However, due to irreconcilable differences, their marriage ended in 1996.
- She met LeBlanc in 1997 through a mutual friend named Kelly Phillips and her husband Lou Diamond Phillips. Melissa and LeBlanc took an instant liking to each other and started dating. After dating for just one year, the couple got engaged in 1998. On May 3, 2003, they finally tied the knot in Hawaii by hosting one of the biggest celebrity weddings till then.
- Initially, LeBlanc was head over heels in love with her and claimed that McKnight gave him some much-needed stability in life. On February 8, 2004, they welcomed their daughter, Marina Pearl LeBlanc, who was diagnosed with a rare brain disorder called “cortical dysplasia” when she was just eight months old. She suffered from terrible seizures due to the condition. After a year-long treatment regime, Marina made a recovery. Meanwhile, her parents’ marriage deteriorated and they finalized their divorce on 6 October 2006. The reason for their divorce was reportedly LeBlanc’s continuous infidelity and womanizing habits. She shares joint custody of their daughter with LeBlanc. As of now, McKnight is believed to be single.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed