Meital Dohan is an award-winning Israeli actress, comedian and singer who is best known for playing the recurring role of rabbinical administrator, Yael Hoffman, on Showtime's dark comedy-drama series 'Weeds'. Starting her career on stage, she bagged an 'Israeli Tony Award' for the play 'Best Friends' and went on to earn two 'Israeli Oscar' nominations for her performance in the films 'God's Sandbox' and 'Giraffes'. She moved to the United States in the early 2000s after being offered to do an off-Broadway show in New York. She eventually gained recognition for appearing on a number of television shows including 'The Sopranos', 'Woke Up Dead' and 'Weeds', as well as films, such as 'Failing Better Now' and 'Monogamy'. As a singer, she has released a couple of singles from her upcoming debut album 'I'm In Hate With Love' and the viral music video 'Yummy Boyz'. She recently made news headlines as the girlfriend of American actor, Al Pacino, of 'The Godfather' fame.
- At the age of 13, Meital Dohan began taking acting lessons and secured a place in the Israel Defense Forces Entertainment Corps. Later, during her first year of study at Israel's prestigious Nissan Nativ acting school, she wrote, directed, and acted in an original theatre movement production. She began appearing on television programs in her second year and acted in a couple feature films in the third year, which helped her get a contract with Israel's Cameri Theater even before completing graduation in 1998.One of her earliest works that earned her recognition was 'Best Friends', performed at the Cameri Theater, for which she won the 'Israeli Tony Award' for the 'Most Promising New Actress' in 2000. In the following years, she continued to work in Israeli theatre, films and on television, and was eventually invited to America to perform in plays, such as 'Blood Wedding' and 'Bath Party'. However, she gained international attention after portraying the role of Yael Hoffman in the American TV show 'Weeds' in 2006. She is also a critically acclaimed comedian and has launched her singing career in recent years with the release of a couple of globally popular singles.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowEarly Acting Career
- During her early stage career, Meital Dohan worked with two major theatres including Cameri Theater. Apart from her award-winning performance in 'Best Friends', she also played Juliet in 'Romeo and Juliet', had a role written especially for her by the Israeli playwright, Edna Mazya, in 'Bad Children', sang and acted in 'Moving Flesh', and co-wrote 'Sex on the High Holidays' with Israeli singer Ivri Lider. She later moved to films and television and earned 'Israeli Oscar' nominations for playing Layla in 'God's Sandbox' and Efrat in 'Giraffes'. She also co-wrote the script for the film 'Orgy by Heart' and played the central role of Nataly on the comedy series 'Ugliest Esti'.Music Career
- In 2011, Meital Dohan announced that she had begun recording her debut solo album, 'I'm In Hate with Love', with Che Pope, and released her first video, 'Yummy Boyz', in October that year. The video immediately became viral thanks to its catchy and upbeat tune, as well as her familiar sexy and playful appearance. It was followed by her debut single 'Yummy', produced by Afuni, which trended at No.1 globally on 'Reverb Nation' and was played on radio stations and clubs around the world. Several news outlets including 'MTV Buzzworthy', 'AOL', 'Artist Direct', 'Maxim', and 'Yahoo' named her "the next triple threat". Her next single 'On Ya', featuring Sean Kingston, had already reached No.31 on the 'Billboard Dance Chart' and No.5 on the UK's 'Pop Chart' before its official release on October 23, 2012.Personal Life
- Meital Dohan was born on August 24, 1979, in a small village outside Ra'anana in central Israel. She began attending the Nissan Nativ acting school as a teenager. During her student years, she was awarded several scholarships by the America Israel Cultural Foundation.Relationships
- In mid-September 2018, it was revealed by 'Page Six' that 39-year-old Meital Dohan was quietly dating renowned Hollywood actor Al Pacino, who was exactly twice her age at 78. It also added that they had recently decided make their relationship public and were first spotted dining together at Dan Tana's restaurant in Los Angeles. A week later, they were snapped browsing through furniture at the Restoration Hardware in West Hollywood. Interestingly, Pacino's last long-term relationship was also with the much younger 42-year-old Argentinian actress, Lucila Sola, from whom he separated in 2015. Pacino, who has never married before, has been involved with numerous women in the past, and has three children from those relationships. He has a daughter named Julie Marie with acting coach Jan Tarrant and has twins Anton James and Olivia Rose with actress Beverly D'Angelo.
How To CiteArticle Title- Meital Dohan BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/meital-dohan-29423.phpLast Updated- September 27, 2018
People Also Viewed