Mayumi Kai Biography
Mayumi Kai is a Japanese disc jockey (DJ), model, and music producer. She is best known by her pseudonym ‘DJ Gedo Super Mega B**ch.’ Mayumi Kai started hogging the limelight when she began dating English singer, dancer, and motorcycle racer Keith Charles Flint. After marrying Keith Flint in 2006, Kai started touring along with ‘The Prodigy,’ an electronic music band founded by Keith Flint. In 2012, Mayumi Kai was announced as the opening act for the band’s tour ‘The End of the World Extravaganza,’ which was staged to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the band’s famous album ‘The Fat of the Land.’ She remained married to Keith Flint until his death on March 4, 2019.
- Mayumi Kai started her career as a DJ under the stage name DJ Gedo Super Mega B^^ch. Though she became quite famous in Japan for her skills as a disc jockey, she attained international fame only after marrying English singer Keith Flint. After marrying Flint, Kai was introduced to his electronic music band, ‘The Prodigy.’ Subsequently, she started collaborating with ‘The Prodigy’ which increased her popularity. In 2012, she landed an opportunity to perform the opening act for ‘The Prodigy’ when the band organized a tour called ‘The End of the World Extravaganza.’ The tour was staged to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the band’s famous album ‘The Fat of the Land.’
- Mayumi Kai is currently signed to ‘Universal Music Group’ and continues to work as a DJ. She also produces music by collaborating with fellow musicians and disc jockeys. Apart from her musical career, Mayumi Kai is also known for her modeling stints.
- Mayumi Kai got married to Keith Flint in December 2006, in England, when she was 32 years old. Their wedding was a star-studded ceremony as it was attended by many famous celebrities, including Liam Gallagher, Natalie Appleton, David Gest, and Matt Willis. In one of his interviews, Flint revealed that he and his wife could not understand a word that they said to each other during the first three months of their marriage. However, the couple eventually learned to understand each other and went on to stand by each other’s side through thick and thin. In 2009, Keith Flint credited his wife for helping him deal with his alcohol and drug addiction. Mayumi Kai went on to co-own a pub with Flint in the English Countryside. She often accompanied her husband to various public events and gatherings. Apart from touring along with Keith’s band, Kai also accompanied him to Europe where they were seen at several motorbike ‘Grand Prix’ events. Though she remained married to him, Kai and Flint had separated before the latter’s sudden demise on March 4, 2019. After Keith Flint's death, Mayumi Kai was seen at ‘St. Mary’s Church’ in Essex where Flint's memorial service was held.
- Mayumi Kai loves animals and had nine dogs when she was still married to Keith Flint. She also loves traveling and has been to many holiday destinations in Japan and England. Mayumi Kai likes maintaining a low profile and is not active on social media platforms, such as Twitter and Instagram.
- In 2019, another Japanese DJ named Mayumi denied that she is the ex-wife of Keith Flint when she was mistaken for Mayumi Kai by social media enthusiasts. DJ Mayumi later clarified that she just happens to share her name with Keith Flint’s ex-wife and that she is a different person altogether.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed