Mayte Rodríguez Biography
Mayte Rodríguez is a Chilean TV and film actress, and model. She made her TV debut in the year 2005, at the tender age of 12, as part of the young cast of ‘Música Libre’ (‘Free Music’), a popular TV program on ‘Canal 13’ (‘Channel 13’). Soon, she featured in three episodes of the Chilean series ‘BKN.’ Following her return to show business with the TV series ‘Feroz’ in 2010, where she appeared as a regular cast member, she landed her first lead role in ‘Infiltradas.’ Mayte met her then-boyfriend, Tiago Correa, on the sets of ‘Infiltradas.’ Shortly after she parted ways with Tiago, after a long-term relationship of five years, she started dating her current boyfriend, Chilean professional footballer Alexis Sánchez. Known to be tight-lipped about her relationship with Sánchez, Rodriguez surprised the press and her fans alike by confessing that she would do everything, even seemingly impossible things, for love. With over 629,000 followers on the photo-sharing platform ‘Instagram,’ she is a well-known face in her native country, owing to her appearances in popular Chilean TV shows such as ‘La Sexologa’ and ‘Socias.’ She has also appeared in several Spanish movies and a number of advertisements for lifestyle products and car brands.
- Mayte Rodriguez was born Mayte Andrea Rodríguez Arregui, in Santiago, the capital city of Chile, on January 25, 1989. Her mother, Carolina Arregui, like Mayte, is also an actor who appears on Chilean TV shows. Her father, Óscar Rodríguez Gingins, has been credited as the director of several commercially successful Chilean telenovelas. She has two brothers, Óscar Rodríguez and Miguel Angel Rodríguez.
- The youngest of the three children of her parents, Mayte always aspired to work in the entertainment industry, following in the footsteps of her mother.
- She started her TV career as a kid in 2005, with ‘Música Libre’ (‘Free Music’), a Chilean music-based TV program that was aired for the first time by ‘TVN’ and by many other TV networks subsequently. The show featured a group of young dancers performing and dancing to popular songs of that time.
- In 2010, she was cast as ‘Carmen Ramírez’ in ‘Feroz,’ a werewolf-themed Chilean telenovela. ‘Feroz’ tapped the suspense and fantasy genre against the backdrop of Santiago. Her appearances as a child actor in various TV shows made her immensely popular in her native country, and by the time she became an adult, there was no dearth of good roles for her.
- Mayte Rodríguez got offered her first major break as a leading star in the TV series ‘Infiltradas,’ by TV network ‘Chilevision,’ in the year 2011. During the making of this series, she began a long-term relationship with Chilean actor and her ‘Infiltradas’ co-star Tiago Correa. Mayte also appeared in TV commercials for ‘Falabella’ and ‘Americanino’ in 2011.
- In November 2012, she featured in a supporting role in the romantic comedy ‘La Sexologa’ (‘The Sexologist’). The show also featured her then-boyfriend, Tiago.
- In 2014, Rodríguez appeared as ‘Chef Barbara Hidalgo,’ a co-protagonist in the soap opera 'Caleta de Sol,' broadcast by Chilean network ‘TVN.’ Her TV career includes supporting roles in TV series such as 'Socias,' 'Un Diablo con Ángel,' and 'Dime quién fue.'
- Mayte made her movie debut with the 2015 feature film 'Distancia.' It is a coming-of-age Spanish drama about a man who returns to his hometown after facing hardships in his professional life and learns how to deal with frustration. Rodríguez had a blink-and-miss role in the movie.
- Among her further prominent movie appearances are her roles in ‘Reverso’ (2015), ‘Malas costumbres’ (2016), and ‘American Huaso’ (2016).
- Mayte Rodríguez started dating Tiago Correa in 2011 and they spent five years together, before breaking up in 2016.
- In 2017, briefly after her relationship with Tiago ended, she began dating Sánchez, a Chilean professional footballer who plays for the English club ‘Manchester United’ and for the Chile national team. Mayte revealed to a magazine that she had met Alexis at a barbecue but did not begin dating him immediately after the meeting. Rodríguez bonded with Sánchez over their common love of dogs.
- In September 2017, Chile football fans expressed dissatisfaction over the couple’s relationship, arguing that it had caused Sánchez to get fat and lazy and that had negatively affected his performances with the national football team. One of his fans organized a ‘Facebook’ event that was named “March so that Alexis ends it with Mayte and returns to his level to reach the 2018 World Cup in Russia.” Despite extensive interest in the event on ‘Facebook,’ the march itself turned out to be a damp squib, with just five supporters showing up.
- Adding to their woes, certain tabloids claimed that Sánchez had cheated on Rodríguez and had fathered an illegitimate son. Rodríguez denied the rumors.
- Early in 2018, Paulina Sobierajska, a 20-year-old student, claimed that Sánchez had offered her £1,000 for sex and had taken her with him to his flat four times.
- Although he criticized the media for attempting to tarnish his reputation, claiming that the reports were baseless, speculations refused to die down. Despite press reports of Sánchez’s adultery, Rodríguez continues to be in a relationship with him.
- Mayte has also been romantically involved with Juan Falcón and Residente in the past.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed