Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Maureen E. McPhilmy, Maureen Elizabeth McPhilmy
Born in: Chittenango, New York, USA
Famous as: Ex-Wife of Bill O'Reilly
Height: 1.75 m
Spouse/Ex-: Jeffrey Gross
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: St. Peter’s School
Maureen McPhilmy, born as Maureen Elizabeth McPhilmy, is an American public relation executive. She is widely known for being the ex-wife of Bill O'Reilly, an American TV host, author, political commentator, journalist, historian and syndicated columnist. McPhilmy also works in the field of managing, maintaining, and promoting the public’s view of individuals, businesses, products or services. She works with individual company executives and clients to evaluate their exact publicity-related goals. In the past, she had worked as a waitress in a restaurant. Talking about McPhilmy’s personal life, she divorced her first husband Bill O’Reilly due to the physical abuse he had meted out to her several times. Currently she is married to a detective Jeffrey Gross and is living with him and their children. McPhilmy tries to keep her present life away from the eyes of media as well as from her ex-husband. Also, the milestones in her career are unknown to the media.
- Maureen McPhilmy began working as a waitress in a restaurant after completing her education. In 1992, she started working in the field of public relation. She became responsible for the promotion, management and maintenance of the public’s view of individuals, companies, products, and services.Continue Reading BelowRelationship with Bill OReilly and Marriage
- Maureen McPhilmy met Bill O’Reilly in the year 1992 when they were both working in the show ‘A Current Affair’; Bill was a host of the show and Maureen worked as public relation executive. They became friends and soon their relationship turned into a romantic one. Their love story even caught the eye of the media and the couple became trending in the news. On November 2, 1996, McPhilmy and Bill O’Reilly married each other at St. Brigid Parish in Westbury, UK, in the presence of over 100 guests. The couple got blessed with two kids: daughter Madeline (born 1998) and son Spencer (born 2003).Divorce, Child Custody and $10 Million Lawsuit
- After spending over a decade together, McPhilmy and Bill O’Reilly separated from each other in 2010. The main reason for their divorce, according to Maureen, was Bill’s abusive nature. The case was brought into the court when the two decided to fight for the custody of their two kids. Bill was blamed by McPhilmy for physical torture while McPhilmy was accused of being an unfaithful lady. McPhilmy even stated in the court that she was once dragged down the stairs by her husband by her throat. This statement was even verified by the couple’s daughter Madeline.Well, the custody case went for three years and eventually the sole custody of the children was given to McPhilmy. Bill also filed a $10 million lawsuit against his ex-wife stating that she used the amount he gave to her as divorce settlement on her new relationship. However, this lawsuit was dropped by the court due to the lack of evidence.Current Marriage
- Maureen McPhilmy married Jeffrey Gross after her divorce from her first husband. Her present husband is a widower having two children. He works as a detective in Nassau County Police force. Currently, McPhilmy and Gross reside in Manhasset, New York with their kids.Personal Life
- Maureen McPhilmy was born as Maureen Elizabeth McPhilmy on May 11, 1966 in Chittenango, New York, USA. Her mother was a gardener and her father worked in a local market. When she was five, McPhilmy’s parents got divorced. Later on, she enrolled at St. Peter’s School from where she completed her graduation.
How To CiteArticle Title- Maureen McPhilmy BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/maureen-mcphilmy-33687.phpLast Updated- August 31, 2017
People Also Viewed