Matt Bomer Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Matthew Staton Bomer
Born in: Webster Groves, Missouri, USA
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Simon Halls
mother: Elizabeth Macy
siblings: Megan, Neill
U.S. State: Missouri
education: Klein High School, Carnegie Mellon University
Matthew Staton “Matt” Bomer is a well-known American actor. Making his TV debut in the year 2000, he gained prominence for his recurring role on NBC’s series ‘Chuck’. He is also popular for portraying the role of Neal Caffrey, a thief, on USA Network’s series ‘White Collar’. Other television projects of Bomer include ‘Tru Calling’, ‘Traveler’ and ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’. Besides this, the talented actor has made guest appearances in a number of television shows, such as ‘All My Children’, ‘Relic Hunter’, ‘North Shore’ and ‘Glee’, to name a few. Bomer has also acted in several films, the popular ones being ‘The Normal Heart’, ‘In Time’, ‘Magic Mike’, ‘Magic Mike XXL’, ‘The Magnificent Seven’ and ‘Walking Out’. Talking about the American actor’s achievements, he has been awarded with a Golden Globe Award. He also fetched a Critics' Choice Television Award for his TV movie The ‘Normal Heart’.
- Matt Bomer first appeared on television in the year 2000 when he was cast in an episode of ‘All My Children’. Then he was cast for the role of Ben Reade on daytime TV soap opera ‘Guiding Light’. He appeared in the series from 2001 to 2003. After this, he was given the opportunity to play the character of Luc Johnston on the show ‘Tru Calling’. In 2004, Bomer appeared on ‘North Shore’. The following year, he made his debut on big screen through the movie ‘Flightplan’.
- Then in 2006, he did another movie named ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning’. One year later, Bomer was cast in the television series ‘Traveler’. He was offered another series ‘Chuck‘in 2017. This series brought considerable name and fame to the actor. In 2009, the star was given the lead role of Neal Caffrey in the show ‘White Collar’. From 2012 to 2014, Bomer did a number of TV and big screen projects including ‘Magic Mike’, ‘Superman: Unbound’, ‘Winter's Tale’, ‘Space Station 76’, ‘Hunted: The War Against Gays in Russia’, ‘Glee’, ‘The New Normal’, ‘The Normal Heart’ and ‘American Horror Story: Freak Show’.
- He did the TV series ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’ in 2015. The same year, he did the movie ‘Magic Mike XXL’. The following year, Bomer got featured in two episodes of ‘The Last Tycoon’. He also did two movies during this time, namely ‘The Nice Guys’ and ‘The Magnificent Seven’. In 2017, the actor worked in the movie ‘Walking Out’.
- Matt Bomer was born as Matthew Staton Bomer on October 11, 1977 in Webster Groves, Missouri, USA, to parents John O'Neill Bomer IV and Elizabeth Macy. Raised in Spring, Texas, he has two siblings. Bomer studied at Klein High School and later on attended Carnegie Mellon University to earn a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. The actor got married to Simon Halls in 2011. The couple has three sons, including a set of twins born through surrogacy. In the year 2012, Bomer publically acknowledged that he is gay during an award function. Talking about his benevolent nature, the actor is associated with the David Lynch Foundation.
Matt Bomer Movies
1. The Nice Guys (2016)
(Thriller, Comedy, Crime, Action, Mystery)
2. The Magnificent Seven (2016)
(Western, Adventure, Action)
3. In Time (2011)
(Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi)
4. Flightplan (2005)
(Drama, Mystery, Thriller)
5. Winter's Tale (2014)
(Mystery, Romance, Fantasy, Drama)
6. Magic Mike (2012)
7. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)
8. Magic Mike XXL (2015)
(Drama, Music, Comedy)
|2015||Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television||The Normal Heart (2014)|
|2015||Favorite Cable TV Actor||Winner|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed