Mackenzie Davis Biography
Mackenzie Davis is a Canadian actress who is popularly known for playing the character of ‘Chelsea’ in the multi-starrer romantic comedy Film ‘That Awkward Moment’. The towering actress is also known for playing important roles in movies like ‘The F Word’, ‘Bad Turn Worse’, ‘Freaks of Nature’, and ‘The Martian’. After studying acting in New York City, the beautiful actress appeared in a short film titled ‘Alex.’ However, it took her another year to make her debut in the show business, appearing as ‘Millie’ in the 2012 American drama film’ Smashed’, directed by James Ponsoldt. She later played the award-winning role of ‘Anna’ in the 2016 American psychological thriller film ‘Always Shine’. Mackenzie is also a well-known and familiar face on television as she played ‘Cameron Howe,’ one of the lead characters in ‘Halt and Catch Fire’.
- After finishing her training in acting in New York City, Mackenzie struggled to find jobs in the show business for a while. After a small role in a forgettable short film titled ‘Alex,’ where she played the role of ‘Terri’, she made her debut in the film industry by bagging the role of ‘Millie’ in the 2012 James Ponsoldt’s directorial drama film ‘Smashed.’ She appeared alongside the likes of Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Aaron Paul in the movie.
- Her performance was good enough to be noticed by director Drake Doremus who picked her for his directorial 2013 American romantic drama film ‘Breathe In’ where she played the role of ‘Lauren Reynolds.’ The movie also starred actors like Guy Pearce, Felicity Jones, and Amy Ryan. In the same year, she appeared in the Canadian romantic comedy film ‘The F Word’ (also known as ‘What If’ in other countries), playing the role of ‘Nicole’ alongside Daniel Radcliffe, Zoe Kazan, Megan Park, and Adam Driver.
- Mackenzie appeared in the short film, ‘Moontown’ as ‘Shayna’ and in the feature films ‘Plato's Reality Machine’ as ‘Sophia’ and ‘Bad Turn Worse’ as ‘Sue’ in 2013. In 2014, she landed her first big break on television by appearing as ‘Cameron Howe’ in the American period drama television series ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ created by Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers. She was one of the lead characters and appeared in 40 episodes alongside Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Kerry Bishé, Toby Huss, and Aleksa Palladino.
- Following the success of the series, Mackenzie went on to bag another big role, this time in the 2014 American romantic comedy-drama film ‘That Awkward Moment’ (also released as ‘Are We Officially Dating?’ in some countries like Australia and New Zealand). She played the role of a charming girl named Chelsea who falls in love with Michael B. Jordan’s character in the film. Apart from these two, the film also featured Zac Efron, Miles Teller, Imogen Poots, and Jessica Lucas among other lead actors.
- Mackenzie later played the critically acclaimed character of ‘Anna’ in the 2016 American psychological thriller film ‘Always Shine’. She won the ‘Best Performance in a Feature Film (Female)’ at the Monster Fest Awards and the Tribeca Film Festival Award for Best Actress. She recently worked alongside Matt Damon in the science fiction film ‘The Martian’ and Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford in the 2017 American neo-noir science fiction film ‘Blade Runner 2049’.
- Mackenzie was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, on April 1, 1987 to Lotte and John Davis who owned a hair care business. She attended McGill University in Montreal, Quebec where she pursued English literature and women’s studies. Later, she went to the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City to study acting.
Mackenzie Davis Movies
1. Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
(Thriller, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Drama)
2. The Martian (2015)
(Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi)
3. Smashed (2012)
4. The F Word (2013)
5. Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)
(Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi)
6. Breathe In (2013)
7. That Awkward Moment (2014)
8. Freaks of Nature (2015)
(Horror, Comedy, Sci-Fi)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed