Lily Ki is an American YouTuber, Twitch star, vocalist, voice actress, and pianist. She is more popular by her username LilyPichu. A California native, she grew up along with her brother Daniel. In March 2006, she set up her channel and has accumulated over a million followers and hundreds of millions of views on it. She primarily posts gameplay videos and piano arrangements of anime and game music, along with original compositions and fandubs. She is also known for her videos on tl;dr lores. Lily created her second channel LilyRaichu in September 2011 but has not posted any content on it yet. As a Twitch streamer, she has garnered hundreds of thousands of devoted viewers for her ‘League of Legends’ gameplay.
- Lily set up her YouTube channel on March 5, 2006. She uploaded the first video on June 13, 2010. Titled ‘Rammus+Annie nyoro~n’, it is a short skit featuring two ‘League of Legends’ characters, Rammus and Annie. It did not take her long to garner a loyal group of audience, which only grew over time. Her voice is quite distinctive. It is soft and calm, denoting typical characteristics of the voice of a female anime protagonist. According to Lily, she did not encounter any issue regarding her voice when she was in school. She was quiet, soft-spoken and normally kept to herself at the back of the class. When she did speak, others just simply did not care. She has compared her own voice to that of Fluttershy from ‘My Little Pony’. However, as a gifted voice actress, she can deepen her voice and make it sound more mature, as she did in her cover of ‘Kyun Vampire Girl’.Recommended Lists:
- At present, she garners hundreds of thousands of views on each of her posts on her main channel. Some of her most popular videos are ‘playing the melodica while following random cosplayers’, ‘"I'll Quit LoL" [parody song]’, and ‘the deepest voice I can do 8D’. Her videos generally revolve around gameplay and piano arrangements of anime and game music. She is also known for her original compositions and fandubs, as well as tl;dr lore videos and other miscellaneous videos. A significant number of her videos are on ‘Madoka’ and ‘Leagues of Legends’, which are two of her favourite games.Recommended Lists:
- Lily is also active on other platforms on social media. She has hundreds of thousands of followers on both Instagram and Twitter.
- Lily was born on November 20, 1991, in California, USA and raised alongside her younger brother, Daniel. Her parents are Korean immigrants.
- As a toddler, she used to enjoy singing and dancing and was generally well behaved. When she was four to five years old, her parents enrolled her in a piano class, somewhat against her wishes. By the time she was in the fourth grade, she had begun to have problems at school. There were instances of minor bullying and she had poor self-esteem. She did not have many friends and often would eat her lunch in the bathroom stall, instead of eating it with other students. During this period, her family moved around frequently. As a result, even when she did make friends, she was forced to part ways with them a short time later.
- Her family relocated once more when she was in middle school. Despite all her doubts, she had a good time in her new school. The students were welcoming, and she made several friends. While she was still continuing with her piano lessons and creating art, she made the decision of pursuing a career as a writer. She began spending a significant amount of her time online and had more friends on the internet than in real life. Lily began experiencing problems again when she got into high school. Initially, her grades were quite decent but her parents demanded more from her. This had a disastrous effect on her. She stopped caring about school and her grades got even worse. She and her parents fought regularly. They blamed the internet for her behaviour and took her to counsellors. She was on antidepressants with her self-esteem at an all-time low.
- Despite all these troubles, her love for video games and anime persisted. She would play video game and anime tunes on the piano, and that, in turn, ended up preserving her interest in the instrument. According to Lily, if it were not for anime and video games, she would have quit a long time ago. After high school, she attended a community college and did several off-the-wall jobs.
- She was previously in a relationship with fellow YouTuber Albert Chang. Currently, she is dating YouTuber Michael Reeves.
LilyPichu Fans Also Viewed