Lil Mosey Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Lathan Echols
Born in: Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Famous as: Rapper
Grouping of People: Black Men
education: Mountlake Terrace High School, Shorecrest High School
Lathan Echols, popularly known as “Lil Mosey,” is an American rapper and songwriter who has become an internet sensation in a short span of time. He is only 16 years old, but his net worth has shot up in the last few months. He is best known for songs such as ‘Pull Up’ and ‘Noticed.’ His debut single, ‘Off White,’ became a huge hit after he uploaded it on ‘SoundCloud’ in 2016. His single ‘Pull Up’ received more than 11 million “plays” on ‘SoundCloud’ and turned him into an overnight star. His latest single, ‘Noticed,’ was played more than seven million times within two weeks of its release. ‘Noticed’ was released along with a music video shot by Cole Bennett of the event-coordination company ‘Lyrical Lemonade.’ He also toured with Juice WRLD and YBN Cordae on ‘The WRLD Domination Tour.’ He released his mixtape ‘North's Best’ in 2017. In 2018, he started touring with fellow rapper Smooky MarGielaa. He is associated with ‘Interscope Records,’ a sublabel of ‘Universal Music.’ With his growing fan following, Lil Mosey seems to be the next big thing in the rap world.
- Lathan Echols was born on January 25, 2002, in Mountlake Terrace, Washington. He moved to Seattle when he was 2 years old.
- He was raised by his mother and attended ‘Mountlake Terrace High School.’
- He then attended ‘Shorecrest High School’ till tenth grade. He dropped out later to focus on his music career.
- The late Kari Cash, one of Seattle’s most popular rappers, was the first person to support Mosey in his career.
- Lil was quite young when he started making music. He started working on his music when he was in eighth grade.
- He began his career with remakes of songs such as ‘Scared Money’ by Speaker Knockerz. He found his biggest inspiration in Meek Mill’s debut album, ‘Dreams and Nightmares’ (2012). Soon, he religiously started working toward building his music career.
- He released his debut single, ‘Off White,’ on ‘SoundCloud’ in August 2016. The original song received more than 750 thousand “hits.”
- He once stated in an interview that after the release of his first single, he noticed that everyone around him in Seattle was listening to it. His next song, ‘So Bad’ received more than two million streams soon after its release.
- Mosey released his debut mixtape in the summer of 2017. The mixtape, titled ‘North’s Best,’ included tracks such as ‘So Bad,’ ‘Supreme Hoodies,’ and ‘Ion See You.’
- He continued releasing new singles such as ‘Skrt Off’ (Freestyle), ‘2Paid,’ ‘Been On,’ and ‘Lame Sh!t’ (Free Kilo). He had his major breakthrough when he released his next single, ‘Pull Up,’ in December 2017.
- The single garnered more than three million “views” within a month. The music video for the song received more than 12 million “views” within seven months of its release.
- The video has been viewed more than 17 million times, to date, on ‘YouTube.’ The popular song was produced by Black Mayo, and its video was directed by Yung Tada.
- His music was actively supported by an online publication named ‘Elevator.’ The music video was released through ‘Elevator’s ‘YouTube’ channel.
- After the massive success of ‘Pull Up,’ Mosey was offered a contract by ‘Interscope Records.’ In 2018, he released his new single, ‘Boof Pack.’
- His next single, ‘Noticed,’ was released on July 20, 2018. It was released alongside its music video, which was directed by Cole Bennett from ‘Lyrical Lemonade.’
- The video showed Mosey living a life full of luxury, with his friends, in a beach-facing apartment. Currently, ‘Noticed’ has more than 36 million “views” on ‘YouTube.’
- Mosey announced the release of a project, ‘North’s Best,’ in August 2018. This project will share the name of his debut mixtape but will consist of different songs.
- He also went on ‘The WRLD Domination Tour’ alongside Juice WRLD and YBN Cordae. He performed in the opening act for them.
- The tour started on July 11, in Las Vegas, Nevada, and ended on September 14, in Province, Rhode Island. He also accompanied Smooky MarGielaa and Comethazine on their ‘Margielaa Madness Tour.’
- He also accompanied Smokepurpp on a tour. The tour was named the ‘Monster Energy Outbreak Tour.’ He also performed as a special guest at Lil Xia’s show in Seattle.
- Lil Mosey has not won any awards yet. However, his career has been on the rise and experts believe it would not take him long to win major music awards in the future.
- Not much is known about his personal life. It is not known if he is in a relationship.
- He has acquired a lot of followers on social media. He has more than 95 thousand followers on ‘SoundCloud’ and around 79 thousand subscribers on his ‘YouTube’ channel.
- His ‘Instagram’ account has earned 510 thousand followers. His ‘Twitter’ account has more than 17 thousand followers.
- He has two tattoos: one on his right arm that reads “Loyalty” and another on his chest that reads “Thank God.” With a net worth of $100,000, Lil Mosey has achieved a lot at a tender age.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed