Larry Bourgeois Biography
Larry Bourgeois is one of the ‘Les Twins’ duo, who has earned international acclaim as a dancer, model, and choreographer. Nicknamed “Ca Blaze”, Larry, has garnered global recognition by consistently belting out mind-blowing performances in the hip-hop dance genre. The ‘Les Twins’ took to dancing instinctively from their childhood. Surprisingly enough, they did not take any formal dancing lessons but honed their boogieing skills scrupulously observing the gyrations and moves of other seasoned dancers. By the time Larry was 12, he began performing in musical soirees, dance competitions, and concerts along with his twin brother Laurent. Larry first shot to fame when he reached the final stages of ‘La France a un incroyable talent’, an extremely popular French television program. The twins’ popularity soared in the US when one of their videos of World of Dance tour went viral on YouTube. Larry’s dancing and choreographing career received a massive shot in the arm when he took on renowned street dancers during the staging of ‘Juste Debout’, an international street dancing meet. Larry has also been a supporting act in the live concerts of Beyonce, Cirque Du Soleil, and Meghan Trainor. He has also modeled for some well-known fashion designers.
- Larry Bourgeois was born on 6 December 1988, in Sarcelles, France. He along with his twin brother, Laurent, was the youngest amongst the nine siblings
- Larry, who had an innate talent for dancing, sharpened his skills by scrutinizing and imbibing the styles of street dancers, including poppers, lockers, and breakers. He and Laurent never attended any formal dancing classes to improve their hip-hopping techniques.
- As per the report published by a French periodical, Larry was born with an aptitude for boogieing. He started walking when he was barely 5 months old, and was able to gyrate before he was 2 years old. At the age of 9, he had innovated hip-hop techniques that he taught youngsters much older than him.
- He was already performing in adult-level musical competitions, meets, and concerts when he was 12 years old. The twins established a dance group titled, ‘Criminalz Crew’ in 2005 for which they signed up five talented dancers. In the following years, the group performed in dancing clubs and in the streets, amusing thousands of spectators.
- ’Criminalz Crew’ graduated to participating in hip-hop meets, tournaments, and contests, regaling the crowds as well as winning several competitions. In the 2007 chapter of the ‘Festival d’ Avignon’ an arts carnival held yearly in France, the team danced to the beats of ‘Pas de Quartier’ musical that held the audience in thrall.
- Larry Bourgeois enlisted as a competitor in the international annual street dancing contest, ‘Juste Debout’, held in March 2008 under the ‘new style hip-hop’ category. Les Twins attracted the attention when they trounced French street dancers Joseph Go and Meech at the semi-finals of the competition.
- The unprecedented success in ‘Juste Debout’ at such an early stage of his professional career encouraged him to try his luck in ‘Incroyable Talent’ season 3. The brother managed to reach the finals of the show and were audience favourites.
- In 2010, a video of their performance in the San Diego leg of the World of Dance tour went viral.
- Larry Bourgeois and Laurent Bourgeois performed for the first time on US television in ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ in November 2010. Larry again performed in the 2011 edition of the ‘Juste Debout’ challenge in the ‘New Style Hip-Hop’ class, this time finishing at the top by beating more than 350 contestants.
- In 2011, Larry amassed worldwide fame by belting out performances at several international television shows, live concerts and festivals, including the ‘Billboard Music Awards’ featured alongside Beyoncé. In the same year, he participated in the ‘BET Awards’ show, ‘Good Morning America’ summer concert, and the ‘Glastonbury Festival’ (UK).
- ’Les Twins’ teamed up with Beyoncé Knowles for publicizing her album titled ‘4’ on French TV programs, ‘Le Grand Journal’ and ‘X-Factor’. The twins also appeared on her video, ‘Run the World (Girls)’. They continued partnering with the American singer, songwriter, and dancer through to May 2012 performing at the ‘Beyoncé Live’ gig series in Atlantic City.
- When Cirque du Soleil embarked on their ‘Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour’ in 2011, Larry and his brother accompanied the theatrical company where they were presented as star performers.
- The dancer duo gyrated together with rapper, Big Sean, during the fall fashion show of Kanye West in March 2012 in Paris. In April that year, Larry partnered with ‘Timbaland’ and ‘Missy Elliott’ during the promotional event ‘Wild Rabbit’ in New York for popularizing cognac brands of Hennessey, the world’s largest cognac distiller and seller.
- On 24 July 2012, Larry performed for the first time in Japan on ‘Nippon TV’, the nation’s biggest television network.
- Larry again joined forces with Missy Elliott for performing at the ‘Back2Black Festival’ and ‘Beats on the Beach’ live show in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Abu Dhabi, respectively.
- 2012 turned out to be a hugely eventful year for Larry and Laurent Bourgeois. They featured as guest performers in November 2012 on ‘Everybody Dance’, a televised dance contest, organized in Ukraine. Just a month later, the twins contracted with Sony Japan to perform on multiple projects.
- The year 2013 began on a grand note for Larry and his twin brother as they exclusively accompanied Beyoncé during ‘The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour’. The pair did cameo acts in the music footages, ‘Jealous’ and ‘Blow’ that were included in the fifth studio record of Beyoncé.
- An avant-garde dance series, titled ‘Avengers of eXtreme Illusions’ produced by Welling Films showcased performances of Larry and his brother on several episodes broadcasted in 2012 and 2014.
- When Beyoncé and her husband, Jay-Z, began their ‘On the Run’ tour in 2014, Les Twins teamed up with the couple.
- Both Laurent and Larry have crisscrossed France, Italy, Germany, Canada, USA, Japan, Poland, Finland, Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic, and several other countries to organize dance seminars. In these dance workshops, they gave instructions on their creative choreography to audiences, sometimes numbering nearly 5000.
- Larry together with his brother has also left imprints in the fashion and modeling industries. They have sashayed on the runway for fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier’s Fall 2010 Men’s Collection. Since then, Larry has appeared in print, electronic and online commercial campaigns of globally recognized brands including Givenchy, H&M, Benetton, New Era, Hewlett-Packard, and Adidas.
- Larry was in a relationship with a girl named Lylah and also had a daughter with her. The name of his daughter is Leala Nicole Bourgeois. He is also rumored to have dated a woman named Melissa but is not associated with her anymore.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed