Sun Sign: Scorpio
Born in: St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
Spouse/Ex-: Linda Dupree (1989–2002), Susan Yeagley (2005–present)
father: Emmett Nealon
mother: Kathleen Nealon
children: Gable Ness Nealon
U.S. State: Missouri
education: St. Joseph High School, Sacred Heart University
Kevin Nealon has successfully carved a niche for himself in the American entertainment industry and has effortlessly set himself apart from other comedians with his spontaneous wit, sense of humour and likeable demeanour. After a series of unsuccessful attempts in sitcoms and minor roles in American teenage flicks, he has finally established himself as one of the leading television stars and stand-up comedians of his generation. Nealon is best known as the cast member of ‘Saturday Night Live’ and the characters he has played on the show. Some of his most popular and memorable characters from ‘Saturday Night Live’ include ‘The Subliminal Man’ and ‘Hans and Franz’. He has also made guest appearances on awarding winning shows like ‘The Larry Sanders Show’, ‘Dharma and Greg’, ‘Third Rock from the Sun’ and ‘Crank Yankers’. His films have enjoyed great critical and commercial success and continue to be at the top of DVD sales. Some of his film performances include ‘Happy Gilmore’, ‘Anger Management’, ‘Little Nicky’, ‘The Wedding Singer’, ‘Daddy Day Care’, ‘Good Boy!’ and ‘Grandma’s Boy’.
- Kevin Nealon was born to Emmett Nealon, an aircraft company executive, and Kathleen Nealon in St. Louis, Missouri.His family moved to Bridgeport, Connecticut, a few months after his birth and he was raised in the populous neighbourhood of Bridgeport city.In 1971, he graduated from the St. Joseph High School, Trumbull, Connecticut. In high school, he played the guitar but felt extremely nervous to play on stage.He later obtained a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the Sacred Heart University, after which he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in comedy.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- In 1984, he made his first appearance on television and performed a stand-up act for ‘The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson’ hosted by Johnny Carson.In 1986, he became a cast member of the ‘Saturday Night Live’ along with his friend Dana Carvey. He became a full-time performer on the show and remained there for nine seasons.In 1991, he appeared in the American comedy film ‘All I Want For Christmas’, a movie directed by Robert Lieberman.In 1994, he hosted ‘Amazing America’, a 13 part series that was broadcast on the ‘Discovery Channel’.In 1996, he acted in ‘Happy Gilmore’, a sports comedy film directed by Dennis Dugan. The film received mixed critical reviews but was a major box office success.In 2000, he played the role of ‘Tit-head the Gatekeeper’ in ‘Little Nicky’, a comedy film directed by Steven Brill.In 2003, he played the role of lawyer, ‘Sam’, in the American slapstick comedy film ‘Anger Management’, starring Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson. The movie was directed by Peter Segal.Continue Reading BelowHe also appeared in movies like ‘Daddy Day Care’ and ‘Good Boy!’, while he was simultaneously seen as ‘Ted Halverson’ in the CBS comedy series ‘Still Standing’.In 2005, he appeared as himself in season 5, episode 4 of ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’, an American comedy series produced and broadcast by the HBO satellite television network.In 2006, he acted in ‘Grandma’s Boy’, a comedy film where he played the role of ‘Mr Cheezle’.He played a patient in the first season of Television series ‘Monk’ and also played the role of ‘Dr Mark Crest’ in the television show ‘The Outer Limits’.He has hosted the ‘World's Funniest Commercials’ on TBS, appeared as a couple counsellor on the sitcom ‘3rd Rock from the Sun' and has also made a brief cameo in the film ‘Get Smart’.In 2009, he was seen in the sci-fi-comedy film ‘Aliens in the Attic’ starring Carter Jenkins, Ashley Tisdale, Robert Hoffman, Henri Young, Regan Young and Austin Butler.On September 4, 2009, he took the stage with his very first stand-up comedy special- ‘Kevin Nealon: Now Hear Me Out!’Continue Reading BelowHe played the role of ‘Doug Wilson’ in the Showtime network television series ‘Weeds’.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Best known as a member of ‘Saturday Night Live’, the show was inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 2000. It was listed as one of Time Magazines ‘100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME’ and was ranked tenth on TV Guide's ‘50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time’.The TV series ‘Weeds’ is the highest rated show on Showtime network and Time magazine named the show as one of the ‘Top 10 Returning Series of 2007’.Personal Life & Legacy
- In 1989, he married Linda Dupree but the marriage ended in 2002.On September 3, 2005, he married Susan Melinda Yeagley, an American actress, and the couple have a child together.In 2008, he authored a book titled ‘Yes, You're Pregnant, But What About Me?’ It is a book about his experiences during his wife Susan Melinda’s pregnancy.Trivia
- This famous American comedian loves to play rugby and has played for the Connecticut Yankees RFC.This famous TV personality is an avid golfer and poker player and loves to play the guitar. He has been a vegetarian for the past 18 years.
How To CiteArticle Title- Kevin Nealon BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/kevin-nealon-4921.phpLast Updated- November 07, 2017
People Also Viewed