Kerry Bishé Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Kerry Lynne Bishé
Born Country: New Zealand
Born in: New Zealand
Famous as: Actress
father: Kenneth Bishé
Partner: Chris Lowell
education: Northwestern University
awards: Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
Kerry Bishé is a New Zealand-born American actor. She is known for her recurring role in the highly-acclaimed ‘Netflix’ original production ‘Narcos.’ She also appeared in the final season of the popular medical TV series ‘Scrubs.’ She played a key role in ‘AMC’s ‘Halt and Catch Fire,’ from 2014 to 2017. She also starred in the ‘Academy Award’-winning feature film ‘Argo.’ She has also worked in the cable TV series ‘Royal Pains’ and in several independent films. Her role as the narrator, ‘Lucy Bennett,’ in the final season of ‘Scrubs’ earned her immense critical acclaim. She has toured professionally with ‘Montana’s ‘Shakespeare in the Parks’ repertory and has played lead roles in several classical theater productions.
- Kerry was born on May 1, 1984, in New Zealand. Her father, Kenneth Bishé, taught social studies. She has a brother, who has a PhD in biochemistry.
- Though not much is known about her mother, Kerry once shared an ‘Instagram’ post that showed her mother reading to her brother and her. The book that she was reading from was the all-time bestseller children’s book ‘The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe’ by CS Lewis.
- She believes her mother is the inspiration behind her love for books and reading.
- Kerry and her family moved from New Zealand to Glen Ridge, New Jersey, US, when she was a child. There, she joined the ‘Montclair Kimberley Academy,’ a private school in Essex County, New Jersey.
- Her father joined the school as a teacher.
- She graduated school at the age of 18 in 2002. She then completed her graduation from ‘Northwestern University’s ‘School of Communication,’ majoring in theater.
- She enjoyed being on stage since a young age and fondly remembers playing a witch in a production of ‘Macbeth’ that featured 50 of her seventh-grade classmates.
- She considers her seventh-grade drama teacher her biggest inspiration and feels she owes her career to him, as he taught her to recognize her talent and to hone it.
- After college, she moved to New York City and thought of earning her living temping like many struggling actors. However, she found she could not sustain her job and quit after just a day.
- A talented mime artist, she enjoys the rhythm, pace, and discipline of theater and is noted for her great depth and craft on stage.
- In 2004, she toured with a Shakespearean drama company, playing ‘Juliet’ in their production of ‘Romeo and Juliet.’
- In 2006, she featured in a theater production of Eugene O’Neill’s classic play ‘The Hairy Ape’ and in a revival of Shaw’s ‘Pygmalion.’
- She made her on-screen debut in 2007, with a low-budget film named ‘The Half Life of Mason Lake.’
- In 2008, she played small roles in many projects, such as a film adaptation of the hit TV series ‘Sex and the City’ and other productions such as ‘The Lucky Ones’ and ‘The Understudy.’
- She bagged the role of the narrator, ‘Lucy Bennett,’ in ‘ABC’s medical comedy ‘Scrubs’ in December 2009. She was part of the ninth season of the series. The show went off the air in 2010. From 2010 to 2011, she appeared in an independent movie named ‘Nice Guy Johnny’ and a horror film named ‘Red State.’
- Her appearance with Ben Affleck in the notable film ‘Argo’ in 2012 was received well by critics and fans alike.
- Between 2014 and 2017, she played the recurring role of ‘Donna Clark’ in ‘AMC’s popular TV drama series ‘Halt and Catch Fire.’ The series featured her in the role of a computer engineer.
- She bagged the role of ‘Cristina Jurado’ in five episodes of ‘Narcos’ in 2017.
- In 2018, she played ‘Shelly Romanoff’ in an episode of ‘The Romanoffs,’ titled ‘The Royal We.’ The same year, she also starred as ‘Meg’ in the movie ‘How It Ends.’
- Her work has taken her across the US, and she has made her home in cities such as Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York.
- She does not share much information about her personal life, though she is active on a few social-media platforms, such as ‘Instagram.’
- The blonde, blue-eyed actor is a multi-faceted person and enjoys trying new things.
- She took up the job of building a boat from scratch and completed the job of constructing a 16-foot sassafras canoe that she took out on a small lake in Massachusetts.
- She is reportedly unmarried at present and prefers to keep a low profile as far as her relationships are concerned.
- There were rumors in the media that she had been dating American actor Scoot McNairy, her co-star from ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ and ‘Argo.’
- She was later reported to be dating Elijah Wood, her co-star from the 2013 independent film ‘Grand Piano.’
- Rumors suggest she has been dating actor Chris Lowell of ‘Veronica Mars’ and ‘Private Practice’ fame since 2015 or 2016.
- Kerry and Chris often post pictures of themselves on ‘Twitter’ and ‘Instagram.’
- They were rumored to have taken their relationship to the next level by moving in together into a jointly-owned $2.15 million boutique cooperative apartment in Soho in 2016.
- She has been nominated for several prestigious awards throughout her career.
- In 2011, she was nominated for the ‘Fright Meter Award’ for the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for her performance in ‘Red State.’
- In 2012, she, along with the entire cast of ‘Argo,’ was nominated for the ‘Best Ensemble Cast’ by the ‘Awards Circuit Community,’ the ‘Phoenix Film Critics Society,’ and the ‘San Diego Film Critics Society.’ In 2013, she was nominated for an award in the same category by the ‘Central Ohio Film Critics Association.’
- The ‘Argo’ cast won the ‘Hollywood Film Award’ for the ‘Ensemble of the Year’ in 2012 and the ‘Ensemble Cast Award’ at the ‘Palm Springs International Film Festival’ in 2013.
- She was part of the ‘Argo’ cast that won the ‘Screen Actors Guild Awards’ for the ‘Best Ensemble Cast’ in 2013.
- In 2018, she was nominated for the ‘Women’s Image Network Award’ for her role in an episode of the drama series ‘Halt and Catch Fire,’ titled ‘NeXt.’
- As a young girl growing up in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, she performed duties at the local church, often lighting candles and preparing the altar for Mass.
- ‘Argo’ was an instant hit and grossed more than $232 million at the box office. This low-budget movie cost just $44 million to make.
- Kerry’s net worth is estimated to be around $4 million.
- The screenwriter of ‘Argo’ happened to watch her perform a solo show on stage, titled ‘My Name Is Rachel Corrie.’ She was also spotted by Ben Affleck in Kevin Smith’s film ‘Red State.’
- She was offered the role of an embassy worker trapped in the Iran hostage crisis, in the film ‘Argo.’
- Her middle name is “Lynne.”
- She played the ‘Harvard’-educated drug-addict wife of a money launderer in ‘Narcos.’
- She was a supporter of President Obama’s ‘Computer Science for All’ initiative.
- She attended a course at the ‘Stony Brook University’ at the ‘Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science.’
- She was featured in an episode of ‘Popular Mechanics,’ in the 5-day endeavor ‘Build-Your-Own-Canoe.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed