Kathryn Bernardo Biography
Boyfriend: Daniel Padilla
Sun Sign: Aries
Also Known As: Kathryn Chandria Manuel Bernardo
Born in: Cabanatuan
Famous as: Actress
father: Luzviminda Bernardo
mother: Teodore Bernardo
siblings: Chrysler Bernardo, Kaye Bernardo, Kevin Bernardo
Kathryn Bernardo is a Filipino actress known for her role in the TV series ‘Princess and I’ as well as for her roles in movies such as ‘She’s Dating the Gangster’ and ‘Barcelona: A Love Untold’. She is also a model and a recording artist. She was born in Cabanatuan City in the Philippines and made her acting debut with a small role in the TV series ‘It Might Be You’. She came to popularity for her work in the teen drama series ‘Princess and I’ where she played the lead role. The show won multiple awards. Her first important role on the big screen was in the 2011 family drama film ‘Way Back Home’. The film was about two sisters who were separated for twelve years, growing up in two completely different worlds. The same year, she also appeared in the horror anthology film ‘Shake, Rattle and Roll 13’. The film was met with positive reviews and received multiple awards. Her other popular big screen projects include the romantic comedy film ‘She’s Dating the Gangster’ which was also met with positive reviews. A multitalented young lady, she is also a recording artist. As a singer, she has released multiple singles as well as a studio album ‘Kathryn’. The album was a commercial success, selling more than 7,500 copies on the first day of its release.
- Kathryn Bernardo was born on 26th March 1996 in Cabanatuan in the Philippines. Her parents are Luzviminda Bernardo and Teodore Bernardo. She was raised alongside her three siblings: two sisters named Chrysler Bernardo and Kaye Bernardo, and one brother named Kevin Cabanatuan.
- She did her initial schooling from OB Montessori Center Inc. Once she began acting, she was home-schooled. She later enrolled at Enderun Colleges, Taguig, to study marketing.
- Kathryn Bernardo’s acting career began in 2003, with a minor role in the TV series ‘It Might Be You’. Her first main role was in the TV series ‘Super Inggo’ (2006) where she played Maya, the love interest of the main character. The show revolved around a ten-year-old boy Budong, who dreams of becoming a superhero one day.
- After making a name for herself in the television industry, she ventured into films as well. In the mid-2000s, she was seen in films, such as ‘Gagamboy’ (2004), ‘Taltong Baraha’ (2006) and ‘Supahpapalicious’ (2008).
- She came to mainstream popularity for playing the lead role in ‘Mara Clara’ a TV drama series that aired in 2010. It was a remake of the 1992 TV series of the same name.
- In 2011, she played her first lead role on the big screen, in the family drama film ‘Way Back Home’. She portrayed the role of Ana Bartolome, who remains separated from her sister Jessica Santiago for twelve years. The film was directed by Jerry Lopez Sineneng.
- She appeared in the anthology horror film ‘Shake, Rattle and Roll 13’ in 2011. It was the thirteenth installment of the ‘Shake, Rattle and Roll’ film series. The film was met with positive reviews and also received multiple awards.
- In 2012, she played one of the lead roles in the romantic anthology film ‘24/7 in Love,’ which was directed by John D Lazatin. She also played a role in the film ‘Sisterakas’ the same year.
- Kathryn Bernardo touched new heights of fame in her television career in 2012 after starring in the drama series ‘Princess and I’ which was a huge success. The series earned multiple awards.
- She appeared in the 2015 drama series ‘Pangako Sa’ Yo’ as Yna Macaspac / Maria Amor de Jesus. It was based on the 2000 soap opera of the same name. In 2017, she was seen in ‘La Luna Sangre’ a horror fantasy drama series. The show won several awards.
- In the 2010s, she continued being active on both the small and the big screen. The movies she appeared in during this period include ‘Must Be… Love’ (2013), ‘She’s Dating the Gangster’ (2014), ‘Barcelona: A Love Untold’ (2016) and ‘Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad’ (2017).
- Also a singer, Kathryn Bernardo ventured into the world of music with her original songs such as ‘Mula Noon Hanggang Ngayon’ (2012) and ‘Got to Believe in Magic’ (2013). She released her debut studio album ‘Kathryn’ in 2014. It contained four covers and six original songs. It sold more than 7,500 copies on its first day of release.
- One of Kathryn Bernardo’s most important works is undoubtedly her role in the teen TV drama series ‘Princess and I’. The show aired from April 2012 to February 2013. Bernardo played the role of Princess Areeyah Wangchuck, who grows up in an adoptive family. She is the long-lost crown princess of the fictional “Kingdom of Yangdon.” The series also starred actors, such as Daniel Padilla, Enrique Gil, Albert Martinez, Gretchen Barretto and Khalil Ramos.
- She played the female lead in the romantic comedy drama film ‘She’s Dating the Gangster’, which was based on a pop fiction book of the same name. Directed by Cathy Garcia-Molina, the film also starred actors, such as Daniel Padilla, Sofia Andres and Khalil Ramos. The film was praised by critics and was also screened internationally in countries, such as the US, the UAE and Canada.
- Kathryn Bernardo is in a long-term relationship with actor, Daniel Padilla.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed