Kyline Alcantara Biography
Kyline Alcantara is a Filipina actress and singer. She is widely known for her portrayal of the rival half-sister of Annaliza in the supernatural series ‘Kambal, Karibal.’ Her brilliant performance in the show earned her the title of "La Nueva Kontrabida". As a singer, she has released her album ‘Kyline’ and has also contributed a number of songs such as "Para Bang Baliw", "Ako'y Isang Bituin" and "Bukas na Lang", to different soundtracks. Born in Ocampo, Camarines Sur, as the youngest of three kids to her parents, Alcantara began performing at an early age. At the age of seven, she auditioned for ABS-CBN’s reality competition ‘Star Circle Quest’ before getting her first acting break in 2010. Today, she has earned wide recognition both as an actress and a singer. Alcantara is also an internet sensation who is known for her video compilations on YouTube and TikTok. Currently, she lives with her mother; her parents had divorced when she was four.
- Kyline Alcantara made her acting debut in 2010 when she landed a role in the TV show ‘SCQ’. Two years later, she was cast in ABS-CBN’s ‘Precious Hearts Romances’. Also in 2012, she featured in the drama anthology series ‘Maalaala Mo Kaya’. The following year, she joined the cast of the family drama ‘Annaliza’ and also began hosting the musical variety show ‘ASAP Chillout’. In 2015, the actress had roles in the movies ‘Hamog’ and ‘Etiquette for Mistresses.’ She also began playing the role of Jessa Boborol in the series ‘Pangako Sa 'Yo’.
- In 2016, Alcantara starred as Chloe Sebastian in ‘Born for You’, a musical drama series that premiered on ABS-CBN. A year later, she was cast as Francheska de Villa in the supernatural series ‘Kambal, Karibal’ which also starred Bianca Umali, Pauline Mendoza and Miguel Tanfelix. The show tells the story of a pair of twin sisters, one of whom dies and appears to her twin as a soul.
- In 2017, the Filipina artist contributed to "Para Bang Baliw", a soundtrack for the South Korean series ‘While You Were Sleeping’. She also began hosting GMA Network’s variety show ‘Sunday PinaSaya’ the same year.
- In 2018, Alcantara featured in the TV special ‘Eat Bulaga's Lenten Special: My Carinderia Girl’ as well as in several anthology shows including 'Wish Ko Lang', 'Magpakailanman', 'Maynila: Love Blends' and 'Daig Kayo ng Lola Ko'. She also sang the soundtrack "Bukas na Lang" for ‘Asawa Ko, Karibal Ko’ and began hosting the variety show ‘Studio 7’ the same year.
- In 2019, Alcantara contributed as a vocalist to the soundtracks "Ako'y Isang Bituin" and "Kinang" for the musical drama series ‘Inagaw na Bituin’. She also featured as Anna/Elsa in the show.
- Kyline Alcantara was born on September 3, 2002 in Camarines Sur, a province in Luzon of Philippines. She grew up alongside her two brothers, Kent and Roan. When she was four, her parents divorced and Alcantara went to live with her mother.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed