Steffiana de la Cruz Biography
Boyfriend: Chris Penn (1993–1999)
Sun Sign: Virgo
Born Country: United States
Born in: New York City
Famous as: Actress, Wife of Kevin James
Height: 1.72 m
Spouse/Ex-: Kevin James (m. 2004)
children: Kannon Valentine James, Shea Joelle James, Sienna-Marie James, Sistine Sabella James
City: New York City
U.S. State: New Yorkers
Steffiana de la Cruz is a Filipino-American model and actress who is better known as the wife of American comedian and Emmy-nominated actor Kevin James, As an actress, she is primarily known for her roles in her husband's films, such as 'Zookeeper' (2011) and both versions of 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop' (2009 and 2015). She also made several appearances on another CBS sitcom, 'King of Queens', a main role in which made her husband a household name in the early 2000s. In interviews for TV shows and magazines, Kevin James often thanked her for being an inspiration and support, and also credited her for his professional and personal success. Steffiana, who was involved with late American actor Chris Penn prior to dating James, had also appeared in a number of his films such as 'Cement' (2000), 'Redemption' (2002) and 'Stealing Harvard' (2002). Her previous acting credits include TV series like 'Die Gang' (1997) and 'Pacific Blue' (1999), the TV movie 'Something to Sing About’ (2000), and the action-adventure comedy film 'Soulkeeper' (2001). She also appeared as herself on the 'Biography' documentary episode on her husband Kevin James, in 2009.
- Steffiana de la Cruz was born as Stephanie Anna Marie Zantua on August 28, 1974, in New York City, New York, United States. She is of Filipino descent as her Filipino parents had immigrated to America before she was born. While not much is known about her early life, as she grew up, she became interested in modeling and eventually began her career as a model.
- Steffiana de la Cruz began her career in modeling and soon began getting acting opportunities in small roles. Most of her initial work as an actress came in minor roles in TV shows and telefilms. Her first appearance on TV was as a masseurin in the episode Das Duell of the German crime drama series 'Die Gang', in 1997. Rather than her acting or modeling assignments, it is her relationship with famous Hollywood actor and comedian, Kevin Jame,s that brought her into the limelight in 2002, after the two were spotted together by the paparazzi. However, unlike her outspoken husband, she prefers to lead a private life away from media spotlight.
- While her high-profile romantic involvements with Chris Penn and then Kevin James opened up more opportunities for her in the film industry, she has continued to appear occasionally in small roles on TV or in films. Except for her occasional appearances on the Red Carpet alongside her husband, she spends most of her time raising their four kids. She is also not very active on various social media platforms, but snaps from their perfect family life appear on James' social media profiles from time to time. For instance, he posted an intimate picture of them together to celebrate their 13th marriage anniversary last year.
- Steffiana de la Cruz had been in a relationship with late character actor Chris Penn from 1993 to 1999. The couple lived together and she even appeared in small roles in some of his films.
- She met her future husband, Kevin James, on a blind date arranged by his interior decorator at the end of 2001. They reportedly hit it off immediately as within three months, the they moved in together. They got engaged within two years, in the fall of 2003. The couple got married at St. Edward Catholic Church in Dana Point, California on June 19, 2004, before family members and 180 guests, which included actor Ray Romano. Following the wedding ceremony, the guests continued the celebrations in the reception at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach.
- She gave birth to her first child, a daughter named Sienna-Marie James, on September 30, 2005, at the age of 31. The couple welcomed their second child, another daughter named Shea Joelle James, on June 14, 2007 in Los Angeles. Their third child and first son, Kannon Valentine James, was born on Easter Sunday on April 24, 2011. In late 2015, they welcomed their fourth child, daughter Sistine Sabella James. According to her husband, the couple is raising the kids "for nothing but comedy", and that they have provided a lot of material for his show 'Kevin Can Wait'. Through her marriage to James, she is the sister-in-law of his older brother, actor, comedian, and writer Gary Valentine.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed