Recommended For You
Maja Salvador is a well-known Filipina actress and singer known for her acting credits in films such as 'Thelma' and ‘You’re Still the One'. She is also a dancer, model, and producer. Salvador began her acting career with a minor role in the Filipino drama series 'It might be You' in 2003. The following year, she played a main role in the TV series 'Spirits'. The show however did not perform well. She then appeared in the drama anthology series 'Maalaala Mo Kaya', a show that holds the record of being the longest-running drama anthology in the world. Salvador appeared in multiple seasons portraying different characters. Other TV shows that Salvador is known for include 'Nagsimula sa Puso' and 'Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin'. She made her film debut with a minor role in the Filipino horror film 'Sukob'. Directed by Chito S. Roño, the movie was a commercial and critical success. Other films that Salvador is known for include 'Thelma' as well as 'You're Still the One'. Throughout her outstanding career, Salvador has won several awards including 'Myx Music Award' and the 'FAMAS Award.'
- Maja Ross Andres Salvador was born on 5th October 1988, in Aparri, Cagayan, Philippines to parents Thelma Andres and Ross Rival. She has three siblings; one brother and two sisters.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Maja Salvador made her acting debut with a minor role in the Filipino drama series 'It Might Be You'. Directed by Don Cuaresma and Gilbert Perez, the story revolved around two childhood friends who fall in love. The series aired from 2003 to 2004.In 2004 she played a main role in the TV series ‘Spirits’. It revolved around eight kids who come to know that they have special abilities. However the series didn't do well and was met with mixed reviews.Salvador next starred in several episodes of 'Maalaala Mo Kaya', a drama anthology series. For her performance in one of the episodes, she earned a nomination for the ‘Star Award for Television’.Maja Salvador made her film debut in the horror movie ‘Sukob’ in 2006. The film was a huge success, both critically and commercially. It is also considered one of the scariest Filipino films of all time. Salvador won multiple awards for her performance. The same year, she starred in another film ‘First Day High’ in a supporting role.Her popularity grew and Salvador appeared in several TV shows over the next few years. Some of them were ‘Pangarap na Bituin’ (2007), ‘Komiks Presents: Kapitan Boom’, (2008), ‘Nagsimula sa Puso’ (2009) and ‘Impostor’ (2010). She also made appearances in multiple films such as ‘Villa Estrella” (2009) and ‘Cinco’ (2010).In 2011, Salvador co-produced as well as played the lead role in the film ‘Thelma’. The film, directed by Paul Soriano, can be regarded as one of her most significant works on the big screen.Salvador continued her career on the big screen appearing in films such as ‘My Cactus Heart’ (2012) and ‘Status: It’s Complicated’ (2013).Continue Reading BelowShe played an antagonistic role in the 2014 melodramatic family drama ‘The Legal Wife’. Directed by Rory B. Quintos and Dado C Lumibao, the series revolved around the life of a woman named Monica Santiago. The series aired from January 2014 to June 2014. The cast included Angel Locsin, Jericho Rosales, Maja Salvador, JC de Vera, Christopher de Leon and Rio Locsin.Her recent works on television include ‘Bridges of Love’ (2015) where she was seen in the lead role. She was latest seen in the 2017 TV series ‘Wildflower’, playing the protagonist.As a singer, Salvador has released two albums, ‘Believe’ (2014) and ‘Maja in Love’ (2015), both of which were certified platinum.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- ‘Sukob’ a 2006 Filipino horror film was Maja Salvador’s first work on the big screen. The movie, directed by Chito S. Rono, starred several actors including Kris Aquino, Claudine Barretto, Wendell Ramos, Boots Anson-Roa and Maja Salvador. The film was a commercial and critical success, and is also known as one of the scariest Filipino films ever. The film was later released in the US as well.Salvador played the lead role in the drama series ‘Nagsimula sa Puso’. It aired from 2009 to 2010. The series was based on a 1990 film of the same name. The story was about a young professor who is dominated by her mother, and as a result, rebels against her only to find herself in more confusion.‘Thelma’ is another one of her most significant works on the big screen. She was also one of the co-producers. Directed by Paul Soriano, the film starred Salvador in the lead role, along with other actors such as John Arcilla, Tetchie Agbayani and Perry Escano. The story revolved around a girl who discovers that she has some special talents that might also invite some trouble for her family. Salvador’s performance earned her multiple awards.‘Wildflower’, Salvador’s most recent work on television is a Filipino TV series created by Willy Laconsay. The story is about Lily Cruz, an heiress who seeks justice for her parents’ deaths. It has been airing since February 2017. With Maja Salvador playing the lead role, other actors in the show include Aiko Melendez, Sunshine Cruz, Roxanne Barcelo and Yen Santos.Awards & Achievements
- For Maja Salvador’s contribution to the Filipino cinema and television, she has earned several awards and nominations throughout her career. The awards won by her include the Golden Screen Award for Breakthrough Performance by an Actress for her role in ‘Sukob’ in 2006 and the Film Academy of the Philippines Award for Best Actress and Gawad Urian Award for Best Actress, for her role in ‘Thelma’ in 2011.Her first album ‘Believe’ won her the ‘PMPC Star Award for Music’ and two ‘GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards’.Personal Life
- Maja Salvador dated Gerald Anderson from 2013 to 2015. Currently, she is known to be single.
Pictures of Maja Salvador
How To CiteArticle Title- Maja Salvador BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/maja-salvador-33956.phpLast Updated- October 23, 2017
People Also Viewed