Kane Brown Biography
Kane Brown is an American country music singer who is best known for his hit singles ‘What Ifs’, ‘Heaven’ and ‘Used to Love You Sober’. Despite his young age, he is already a popular name in the country music scene. He became interested in music as a little boy and was initially an R&B enthusiast. Kane later began focusing on country music after he won a contest when he was in the 11th grade. He realized the potential his rich voice possessed and instinctively knew that he was destined for success in the country music genre. He soon started posting videos of his covers online. It didn’t take him long to earn a loyal fan following and he released his first EP titled ‘Closer’ in June 2015. It was a huge success and featured in the top ten on the Billboard Country Albums chart. Following this, he released a few singles which also became hits. Motivated by his initial success, Kane signed with RCA Nashville and released his first full-length album titled ‘Kane Brown.’ This album too was a major success and established him as an upcoming talent in the country music genre. He has been nominated for several awards and is the first ever country musician to have simultaneous number one singles listed on all five top country charts.
- Kane Allen Brown was born in a rural part of northwest Georgia and the Chattanooga, Tennessee, on October 21, 1993. He was raised by his single mother and had a tough childhood. His family moved frequently from one town to another and sometimes he was homeless. Eventually, they settled permanently in Red Bank, Tennessee.During his childhood he attended several schools. While studying at the Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, he sang alongside his friend Lauren Alaina, who eventually became the runner-up of American Idol season 10.He grew up listening to country music and R&B, and initially wanted to pursue the latter. However, in the 11th grade he won a contest by singing Chris Young's ‘Gettin' You Home’ following which he turned his attention towards country music.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Kane Brown auditioned for both ‘American Idol’ and ‘X-Factor’ in 2013 and was selected in the latter. But when the show’s producer wanted to put him in a boy band, he decided to quit the show as he was keener on pursuing a solo career.After quitting ‘X-Factor,’ he began posting his covers of popular singles online. In no time, he earned a huge fan following on the internet. His videos included covers of songs by the likes of Brantley Gilbert, Billy Currington, Alan Jackson and Lee Brice.His cover of George Strait's ‘Check Yes or No’ went viral and his online popularity reached great new heights. In time, his videos garnered millions of views. Encouraged by the response, he posted a teaser of his original single ‘Used to Love You Sober’ which was first made available on his Facebook page. It received a million views within the first three hours of posting, and within the next two weeks, it recorded eleven million views.After becoming an online music sensation, he took the next step by releasing his first EP, titled ‘Closer,’ on June 2, 2015. The six-song EP was made with the money he had raised through the crowd-funding site ‘Kickstarter’. It made its debut on the Top Country Albums chart at number 22 and sold 3,200 copies in the first week of its release. The single ‘Don't Go City on Me’ reached number 43 on the Country Digital Songs chart.In the ensuing months, he released some hit singles, the most notable one being ‘Used to Love You Sober’ which was released on October 21, 2015, his birthday. It reached number two on the Country Digital Songs chart. The single sold over 38,000 copies within just two days of its release! The other singles he released during this period were ‘Last Minute Late Night’, and ‘I Love That I Hate You.’The year 2016 was a very productive one for him. He released his EP ‘Chapter 1’ in March, followed by the release of his debut full-length album in December. The album was a big hit and was accredited platinum in the US.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- After signing with Sony Music Nashville on January 27, 2016, he released his first EP under the label, titled ‘Chapter 1,’ in March. The EP debuted at number 9 on the US Billboard 200 and also reached number 3 on the Top Country Albums chart. It sold over 30,000 units within the very first week.His self-titled debut album, which was released on December 2, 2016, reached number 5 on the US Billboard 200 and number 1 on the Top Country Albums chart. The album contained several top singles like ‘Hometown’, ‘What Ifs’ (with Lauren Alaina), ‘Thunder in the Rain’, ‘Ain't No Stopping Us Now’, ‘Setting the Night on Fire’, and ‘Heaven’ (deluxe edition bonus track).Personal Life
- Kane Brown got engaged to Katelyn Jae and announced it during a concert in Philadelphia in April 2017. The couple is living in Nashville currently.Trivia
- In 2017, he became the first ever country musician to have simultaneous top-ranked singles on all the five main country charts!This famous musician went to the same school as ‘American Idol’ season 10 runner-up Lauren Alaina.
How To CiteArticle Title- Kane Brown BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/kane-brown-38134.phpLast Updated- April 19, 2018
People Also Viewed