Alec Bailey Biography
Alec Bailey is an American singer-songwriter, musician, YouTube Star, and social media personality. He is currently affiliated with the music company Creative Nation. A native of North Carolina, Bailey started singing comparatively late in his life, when he was about 14 years old. He started writing his own music and playing the guitar at the same time. He set up his YouTube channel in January 2012 but did not begin uploading until November. During this period, he was also part of a band called Southern Style Band. He later also created a Vine account. His covers of popular songs soon began to attract an audience, which helped him in reaching a new level of fame. In 2015, he joined the group of internet celebrities who performed in the DigiTour. One of his original songs made through two rounds in a national songwriting competition. Bailey is presently preparing to release his debut project. He has 244 thousand followers on Instagram, 136 thousand followers on Twitter, and 58 thousand subscribers on YouTube.
- Initially, Alec Bailey’s interest in music was not enough for him to consider it as a career. It changed after he turned 14. He took up singing, writing songs, and playing the guitar. He even joined a music group named Southern Style Band. Bailey can also play the piano.
- He created his YouTube Channel on January 18, 2012. The first video was posted about ten months later, on November 16, 2012, and it was a cover of Kacey Musgraves’ ‘Merry Go 'Round’. He followed that up with Darius Rucker’s ‘Wagon Wheel’, uploaded on January 7, 2013. Over the next few years, he also covered Gary Allan’s ‘It ain’t the Whiskey’, Lee Brice’s ‘I Don’t Dance’, and Sam Smith’s ‘Stay with Me’. His obvious talent and rigorous work ethic shone through each of his performances and he began to amass a loyal group of followers.
- In April 2014, he set up an account on the short-video sharing site Vine and began uploading snippets of his performances there as well. The response on Vine was even more encouraging than on YouTube. At the height of the platform’s popularity, he had over six hundred thousand followers.
- Bailey joined the likes of Nash Grier and Safari Gage in the 2015 DigiTour line-up. They performed all across North America, in cities and towns, such as Westbury, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina; New Orleans, Louisiana; and Vancouver, British Columbia.
- At present, he is working on his debut project, to be released in collaboration with Creative Nation, a Nashville-based music company founded in 2011 by Luke and Beth Laird.
- Alec Bailey was born on October 29, 1996, in Mooresville, a town in southern Iredell County, North Carolina, the USA. Little is known about his family life or schooling. However, he does post several photos with his mother on Instagram.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed