Justine Musk Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Born in: Peterborough
Famous as: Author, Elon Musk’s Ex-wife
Spouse/Ex-: Elon Musk (m. 2000–2008)
children: Damian Musk, Griffin Musk, Kai Musk, Nevada Alexander Musk, Saxon Musk, Xavier Musk
Notable Alumni: Queen's University
education: Queen’s University
Justine Musk is a Canadian author known for her contemporary fantasy novel, ‘BloodAngel’. She is the first wife of the billionaire industrialist Elon Musk, the founder, CEO, and lead designer of SpaceX and the co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc. A native of Peterborough, Justine studied at the Queen’s University before moving to Japan. There, she worked as an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher for a considerable period. After her return, she settled in California, US and married Musk in 2000. They had six children together but their first son, Nevada, passed away in infancy. In 2008, the couple divorced and she has subsequently published articles where she has claimed herself to be a “model ex-wife”. As an author, ‘BloodAngel’ was her first published book; she has since released two more books, ‘Uninvited’ and the sequel to BloodAngel, ‘Lord of Bones’.
- Justine Musk was born as Jennifer Justine Wilson on September 2, 1972, in Peterborough, Central Ontario, Canada. Little is known about her family and early life. After graduating from high school, she enrolled at the Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada from where she earned her degree in English literature. She then went to Japan where she taught English. She also stayed in Australia for a while.
- Justine Musk eventually settled down in California. She had always aspired to be an author and wrote the first draft of ‘BloodAngel’ when she was attending the Queen’s University. The dark urban fantasy book was published in 2005 by Roc Books and received favourable reviews. Her second book came out in 2007. Titled ‘Uninvited’, the paranormal fantasy book tells the story of Kelly Ruland, a girl whose world falls apart after a car accident. ‘Uninvited’ was published through MTV Books.
- In 2008, Justine finally published the second instalment of the BloodAngel books, titled ‘Lord of Bones’. All the main characters from the first book returned in this well-received sequel. She has also published a short story called ‘I Need You More’ and has contributed her stories to ‘The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites’ (2009) and ‘Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love’ (2010). She is one of the first writers to make use of platforms like Pinterest to plan out a novel.
- Justine met Elon Musk while they were both students at the Queen’s University. They married in 2000. Their first child, a son named Nevada Alexander Musk, was born in 2002. However, he died of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) ten weeks later. All their children after that were born through in vitro fertilization. She gave birth to the twin boys, Griffin and Xavier, in 2004 and the triplets, Damian, Saxon, and Kai, in 2006.
- She released a public statement on September 13, 2008, informing the media that she was divorcing Musk. They share the custody of their five children.
- Justine later contributed an article to ‘Marie Clarie,’ where she extensively described her relationship with Musk and went on to call herself a “model ex-wife” who gets on well with Talulah Riley, Musk’s second ex-wife. She currently resides in Bel-Air, California.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed