Joshua Jackson Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Joshua Carter Jackson
Born in: Vancouver, Canada
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Diane Kruger
father: John Carter
mother: Fiona Jackson
siblings: Aisleagh Jackson, Jonathan Carter, Lyman Carter
City: Vancouver, Canada
education: Ideal Mini School, Kitsilano Secondary School
Joshua Jackson is a popular Canadian actor known for his amazing roles in movies as well as TV series. He was brought up in a family that was closely connected to the world of movies as his mother is a casting director. Although Joshua has become one of the leading actors of the contemporary generation, and has been a part of numerous highly successful TV shows and movies, his beginning was not at all glamorous. In fact, he was replaced by a lot of actors in what were meant to be his initial roles and those movies went on to become the biggest hits of the decade! But he never lost hope. His first stint as an actor was in the film ‘Crooked Hearts.’ Despite being given a small role, Joshua tried his level best to portray his character magnificently on screen and that won the hearts of the audiences. As a struggling actor he only got small roles in movies, but his hard work earned him the popular role of Young Mac in the TV movie ‘Payoff.’ After that he acted in various movies before coming back to making TV shows again The biggest break of his career came when he played the role of Pacey Witter in ‘Dawson’s Creek.’ This was one of the best TV shows of its times. The show ran for six seasons because finally going off air in 2003. Throughout his career, Joshua has won many awards and has also been nominated for several.
- Joshua Jackson was born to Fiona Jackson and John Carter on June 11, 1978 in Vancouver. He was raised Catholic. His mother is a casting director and has been involved in many successful films.
- Joshua stayed in California until the age of eight before moving to Vancouver. He attended the Ideal Mini School and was even thrown out from school once. There is a very funny story behind this which he revealed in an interview. It so happened that there was a very popular TV show during that time named ‘The Jon Stewart Show.’
- This show aired late night at 1.30 am and he stayed up late to watch that show each and every day. However, the following day when he had to go to school he felt really sleepy and as a result did not attend a couple of classes. This continued for quite some time before he was told not to come back to school again. Later, he was admitted to a different school named Kitsilano Secondary School.
- Joshua Jackson made his debut in the movie ‘Crooked Hearts’ in 1991. His small yet effective role in this movie made the headlines and brought him to the limelight. It became easier for him to get meaningful roles following the release of this film.
- After the success of ‘Crooked Hearts,’ he played another vital character in the musical version of the very popular ‘Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.’ His character as Charlie was loved by one and all. It was just after this movie that he got in touch with a renowned casting director, Laura Kennedy. She helped him join the William Morris Agency which helped in his growth as an actor.
- The TV series ’Dawson’s Creek’ was another project that he is known for. It started airing in the year 1998 and became an immediate hit because of its gripping storyline. The show also starred some big names like Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams, and James Van Der Beek.
- Following the huge success of this show, he received opportunities to work in some big budget movies, such as ‘The Laramie Project,’ ‘The Skulls,’ ‘Cruel Intentions’ and ‘The Safety of Objects.’ All of these movies became massive blockbusters.
- Apart from playing major roles in numerous successful movies, Joshua Jackson has also been a part of many movies where he played cameos, and the most famous of them is ‘Ocean’s Eleven.’ This movie had George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Holly Marie Combs in the leading roles.
- In addition to movies and TV shows, he has also taken part in many plays. His most successful play amongst all is ‘A Life in the Theatre.’ An interesting fact is that he had just moved to the UK in 2005 and was not at all ready for the part. But with a lot of efforts he managed to make the play a memorable one for the entire cast and also for the audience.
- The film ’Crooked Hearts’ will always remain the biggest movie of Joshua Jackson’s career. Even though his role was rather small, he depicted his character very well because of which he got recognition in the industry.
- ’Dawson’s Creek’ is another one of his major works. He owes a lot to this show’s success and has mentioned in almost every interview that without ‘Dawson’s Creek’ he would be nothing.
- Joshua Jackson won the Best Actor award for ‘Aurora Borealis’ at Ft. Lauderdale International Film Festival in 2005.
- He managed to win the award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for ‘One Week’ at Genie Awards in 2010.
- Joshua Jackson was once involved in a relationship with Katie Holmes, his co-star while acting in ‘Dawson’s Creek.’
- Later in 2006 he started dating German actress Diane Kruger and their relationship lasted for ten years before they decided to end it.
- Joshua Jackson was voted as one of the 21 Hottest Stars Under 21 in the year 1991.
Joshua Jackson Movies
1. One Week (2008)
2. Bobby (2006)
(History, Drama, Biography)
3. Shadows in the Sun (2005)
(Romance, Comedy, Drama)
4. Cruel Intentions (1999)
5. Aurora Borealis (2005)
6. Apt Pupil (1998)
(Crime, Drama, Thriller)
7. Battle in Seattle (2007)
8. The Safety of Objects (2001)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed