Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: John Paul Cusack
Born in: Evanston
father: Dick Cusack
mother: Ann Paula
U.S. State: Illinois
education: Piven Theatre Workshop, New York University
John Cusack is an American actor, producer and scriptwriter. He has acted in several films including ‘The Sure Thing’ and ‘Stand By Me’. He came in the show business as a well-known voiceover artist when he was very young. His debut feature film was 'Class' in which he played the role of Roscoe Maibaum. After that, he acted in films like ‘Grandview U.S.A’ and ‘Sixteen Candles’. His first film as a lead character was ‘The Sure Thing’ and the film earned him fame as an actor. Besides acting in serious roles, he portrayed comic roles with equal élan. His acting in comedy film ‘Hot Pursuit’ is truly praiseworthy. He will be remembered for his acting as a failed security guard in 'Tapeheads'. The film 'Say Anything' proves subtlety of his acting ability. Besides playing the role of an unemployed man in ‘Money for Nothing’, he has played several comic characters. He worked both as a scriptwriter and actor for ‘Gross Point Blank’. He has also directed and produced shows for ‘The New Criminals’, a Chicago-based theatre group which he formed together with his friends in 1988. Apart from acting, he has also written blogs for "The Huffington Post".
- Belonging to a Catholic Irish-American family, John Cusac was born in Evanston, Illinois, United States. His father Richard Cusack was an actor and documentary filmmaker and his mother was a mathematics teacher. He has four siblings.At the age of nine, he attended Piven Theatre Workshop. While attending Nicolas Junior High School, he performed in various local stage productions and gradually became a well-known commercial voiceover actor.His debut film as an actor was ‘Class’, a comedy that was released in 1983. In the next year, he appeared in the film ‘Grandview U.S.A’. In the same year, he played a small role in ‘Sixteen Candles’.After his graduation from Evanston Township High School, he took admission at New York University. After several months, he left the University without finishing his studies.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- He played the central character in the film ‘The Sure Thing’, which was released in 1985. In the same year, he acted in ‘The Journey of Natty Gann’. His film ‘Better Off dead’ was also released in this year. In this film he played the role of a high school student who wants to end his life due to his breakup with his girlfriend.In 1986, he acted in ‘Stand By Me’. In 1987, he featured in ‘Hot Pursuit’, a comedy. Released in 1988, the story of his film ‘Eight Men Out’ revolves round the Black Sox scandal of Major League Baseball.Released in 1989, the film ‘Fat Man and Little Boy’ presents him as a nuclear physicist. ‘Grifters’, a 1990 film, shows him portraying the character of a conman.In 1991, he played a small role in ‘Shadows and Fog’. In the next year, he made a guest appearance in ‘Roadside Prophets’. In the same year, he appeared in ‘Bob Roberts’.In 1992, he acted in the satirical film ‘The Player’. Released in 1993, the film ‘Map of the Human Heart’ is known for his notable performance in a supporting role.The film ‘Bullets Over Broadway’ bears the proof of his acting prowess in the character of a playwright. He also appeared in a supporting role in ‘The Road to Wellville’, a comedy.Released in 1996, the film ‘City Hall’ features his superb acting ability. After acting in the action film 'Con Air' in 1997, he lent his voice as Dimitri, the lead male character of animated film 'Anastasia', released in the same year.Continue Reading BelowIn 1997, he appeared in the film 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil', which established him as a serious actor.Based on the theme of World War II, the film 'The Thin Red Line' presents Cusack portraying the role of a captain. This film was released in 1998. Released in the next year, the film 'The Jack Bull' features his terrific performance as a horse trader. In 1999, his comedy film 'Pushing Tin' failed at box office.Besides performing in the film 'Being John Malkovich', he appeared in a serious role in the film 'Cradle Will Rock'. In 2000, his film 'High Fidelity' appeared. In this comedy film, he played the character of an immature record shop owner.He will be remembered for his portrayal of the character of Nicholas Easter in the film 'Runaway Jury', which was released in 2003. Besides performing in comedy film 'Must Love Dogs' in 2005, he delivered a stellar performance as an accountant in 'The Ice Harvest'.He acted in the 2007 documentary 'The Future is Unwritten' – it was based on the life of punk rocker J Strummer. In the same year, he effectively portrayed the role of a horror novelist in the horror film '1408'.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- In 1988, he acted in ‘Tapeheads’ in which he portrayed the character of Ivan. The film unfolds Ivan’s endeavour to start a music video production company along with his friends.In 1989, he portrayed the role of a high school student in the film ‘Say Anything’. His presentation of the character of Lloyd Dobler perfectly expresses the sensitivity of this character.Besides playing the role of Martin Q. Blank, he was also the writer and co-producer of the film ‘Grosse Pointe Blank’. He will be remembered for the realistic portrayal of a hit man in this film.Personal Life & Legacy
- He is not married. He was romantically involved with several beautiful women. They include actresses like Neve Campbell, Lili Taylor, Mini Driver and Claire Forlani.Trivia
- Several Jewish groups attacked this talented actor's film 'Max' for its portrayal of a frustrated struggling artist who is named after Adolf Hitler.
How To CiteArticle Title- John Cusack BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/john-paul-cusack-1892.phpLast Updated- July 30, 2017
People Also Viewed