Ann Cusack Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Born in: Manhattan, New York
Famous as: Actress
father: Dick Cusack
mother: Ann Paula (Nancy Cusack)
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Piven Theatre Workshop, Berklee College of Music
Ann Cusack is a popular American actress. Whether acting as a flight attendant in the film ‘Sully’ or an attorney in ‘The Informant’, she never fails to impress the audience with her impeccable talent. She has been constantly entertaining viewers with her versatile acting, working in both films and television. She has worked in almost all genres and styles of films in Hollywood. At the age of nine, she started her training at the prestigious ‘Piven Theatre Workshop’, located in Evanston, Illinois, along with her siblings. She began her acting career with the movie ‘A League of Their Own’ in 1992. In this movie she appeared along with Lori Petty who suggested her name for the role of a funny submarine-crazed woman for the movie ‘Tank Girl’ in 1995. She then acted in ‘Sensation of Sight’ as the wife of David Strathairn, an Academy Award nominee. She has also made guest appearances in various TV serials such as ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, ‘Castle’, ‘Fargo’, and ‘Grimm.’ In 2016-17, she appeared in the season 2 and 3 of the crime drama series ‘Better Call Saul’.
- Ann Cusack started her career in the early 1990s, playing minor roles in films and television. She acted in the film ‘Multiplicity’ in 1996 as a clone’s love interest opposite Michael Keaton. In the NBC’s hit ‘The Jeff Foxworthy Show’ (1997), she played the role of Karen Foxworthy, Jeff’s wife. In 1997, she also acted in ‘Grosse Point Blank’ along with her siblings John and Joan. She then played the lead character in ‘Maggie’ aired on ‘Lifetime Television’ in 1998.
- Over the ensuing years, she appeared in the movies ‘From Earth To The Moon’ (1998), ‘Stigmata’ (1999) and ‘What Planet Are You From?’ (2000) that also starred the late Mike Nichols. She also acted in ‘Carbon Creek’, episode 2 of the 2nd season of ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’ series. Her other television appearances include roles in ‘One Tree Hill’, ‘Boston Legal’, ‘Criminal Minds’, ‘Hart of Dixie’, ‘Scandal’, ‘Masters of Sex’, and ‘Sullivan & Son.’
- In the film ‘Accepted’ (2006), she acted as Diane Gaines, who was the mother of the lead character. In 2009, she played the role of Melissa Ventura in ‘Ace Ventura III’. She acted as Linda in the Academy Award nominated movie ‘Nightcrawler’ (2014). In ‘Sully’ (2016), a movie about the flight 1549, she acted as Donna Dent, sharing the screen with superstar Tom Hanks.
- She played the role of Nurse Claire in the movie ‘Heart, Baby’ in 2017. This movie was declared the winner of the Outstanding Achievement in Filmmaking - Ensemble Cast award at the ‘Newport Beach Film Festival’ and won the ‘Audience Favorite Award’ at the ‘Rainier Independent Film Festival’ in 2017.
- Apart from acting, Ann Cusack is also a member of ‘Annie and The True Blues’, a Blues band that plays in the clubs in Los Angeles.
- Ann Cusack was born on 22nd May 1961 in Manhattan, New York to Ann Paula (Nancy Cusack), a mathematics teacher and Dick Cusack, an actor. She is the eldest of the children in her family and has four siblings namely John, Joan, Bill and Susie, all of whom are working in the entertainment industry. Her parents were Irish-American Catholics.
- The tall and beautiful actress polished her skills in music and drama at the ‘Piven Theatre Workshop’, Illinois, and ‘Berklee College of Music’, Boston.
- She is currently single and supports various organization related to art, peace, and human rights. Some of these organizations are ‘The Off The Street Club’, ‘One Voice’, ‘Working Classroom’, and ‘The Creative Coalition’. Coming to her financial standing, her net worth is estimated to be $20 million.
Ann Cusack Movies
1. Nightcrawler (2014)
(Drama, Crime, Thriller)
2. Sully (2016)
3. Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)
(Action, Crime, Comedy, Thriller, Romance)
4. A League of Their Own (1992)
(Comedy, Family, Drama, Sport)
5. The Birdcage (1996)
6. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997)
(Thriller, Crime, Drama, Mystery)
7. Accepted (2006)
8. The Informant! (2009)
(Drama, Crime, Comedy)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed