Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Joseph A. Buttafuoco
Born in: Massapequa, Town of Oyster Bay, New York, United States
Height: 1.80 m
Spouse/Ex-: Evanka Franjko (m. 2005), Mary Jo Buttafuoco (m. 1977–2003)
children: Jessica Buttafuoco, Paul Buttafuoco
U.S. State: New Yorkers
Joey Buttafuoco is an automobile repair shop owner and actor from Long Island, USA. Joey came into the limelight when his teenage mistress shot his wife, Mary Jo Buttafuoco, on her face. During the investigation, Joey was found guilty of statutory rape and served four months in jail. He owns auto body shop in Chatsworth, USA. He has a film career too, with a few feature films to his credit. The films that he has worked in include ‘Finding Forrester’, ‘The Godson’ and ‘The Underground Comedy Movie’. In addition to that, he has appeared in many comedy shows and in the reality drama, ‘Celebrity Boxing’, in which infamous celebrities are pitted against each other.
- Joey had an illicit relationship with the seventeen year old Amy Fisher. The extramarital affair took a hideous turn when Amy shot Joey’s then wife, Mary Buttafuoco, on May 19, 1992. The incident brought instant notoriety to both Joey and Amy and the details of their affair became public.Amy gave a statement saying that she was provoked by Joey to murder Mary and that he even helped her to get a pistol. She also stated that she was sexually assaulted by him. Joey was immediately taken into custody and was sentenced four months in jail after he was found guilty of statutory rape.Continue Reading BelowOther Legal Charges
- In 1995, Joey was held for solicitation of prostitution and pleaded no contest. He was fined and was also placed on probation for a couple of years.In 2004, he was charged for an auto insurance fraud, for which he served a year in prison. He was also placed on probation for five years. The fraudulence came to light when heclaimed insurance on the cars that were not damaged.In 2007, he pleaded no contest to illegal possession of ammunition. The illegal possession came to light when his Chatsworth home was searched in 2005 by the Los Angeles County Probation Department.In 2008, Joey was convicted of selling a sex video, featuring him and his second wife, Evanka. He sold the rights to the Red-light District.Media Appearances
- The Long Island shooting incident became a media sensation and it instantly caught the attention of the filmmakers. Later, three television movies and a book were launched, based on the incident. Joey became a subject of discussion on every late-night talk shows. When Joey was on his trial, he was invited to a bar by the Pantera group musicians, Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. Shortly after that, Andrew Dice Clay, an American actor and comedian, invited him to appear in one of his stand-up shows.In 2002, he participated in the Fox Network's ‘Celebrity Boxing’. Joey was supposed to face John Wayne Bobbitt, who dropped out because of his domestic abuse case. Bobbitt was then replaced by pro wrestler, Joanie Chyna Laurer. Joey was underestimated initially but he ended up winning the match.In 2006, Joey, along with Amy Fisher, made a guest appearance in the reality show, ‘Lingerie Bowl’. They were invited to carry out the opening ritual of the show, the coin toss. He and his first wife Mary have been regular guests of ‘The Howard Stern Show’ since 1992.In 2012, Joey appeared in ‘Justice with Judge Jeanine’, a show aired on Fox News. On November 1, 2012, Joey made an appearance in the reality court show, ‘Judge Alex’, in which he sued Rob Spallone's company for providing an ice truck on his nephew's 11th birthday party which was operated by women who were adult film stars. The case was adjudged in Joey’s favor.In an episode of a musical show, Madonna held up Joey’s photo at the end of her performance, and shouted out a slogan, ‘Fight the real enemy!’Film Appearances
- Joey has worked in a few films to date. His first feature, ‘The Godson’ released on 22 September 1998,in which he played himself. He then played the character of Sonny in the 1999 film, ‘The Underground Comedy Movie’. In the 2009 film, ‘Operation Repo: The Movie’, Joey was seen as Uncle Benny and in the 2010 short, ‘False Reality’, he played a doctor. He once again played himself in the 2015 documentary, ‘Lord of the Freaks’.Marriages & Divorces
- Joey married Mary on 4 September 1977. They lived together for 26 years even after the gunshot incident. They separated on 3 February 2003.Joey was still in a relationship with Amy after they both completed their sentenced punishments. In 2006, they both were spotted in a public place but later it was dismissed as a publicity gimmick for a reality show.Joey married Evanka on March 5, 2007. On May 4, 2007, Evanka filed a divorce petition, citing irreconcilable differences between them.
How To CiteArticle Title- Joey Buttafuoco BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/joey-buttafuoco-12393.phpLast Updated- November 23, 2017
People Also Viewed