Joe LoCicero Biography
Joseph LoCicero is an American actor, model, screenwriter, and fight choreographer. He is known for various roles in films like 'Welcome to Willits', ‘Cop Chronicles: Loose Cannons: The Legend of the Haj-Mirage’, and ‘Miss Bala,’ and television shows like ‘Kingdom’ and ‘Jane the Virgin’. A New York native, LoCicero had acting aspirations since he was a child. He began his journey in the world of glamour as a model, appearing in campaigns for brands like Abercrombie & Fitch, Tommy Hilfiger, and Juicy Couture. In 2013, LoCicero made his acting debut in the short film ‘Hector: Lost Souls with Switchblades’. His first small screen appearance was in the 2013 TV documentary ‘A Crime to Remember’. In 2014, LoCicero made his cinematic debut in the action comedy ‘Spaghettiman’, on which he also served as a fight choreographer. He met his future wife, Gina Rodriguez, on the set of ‘Jane the Virgin’. They dated for two years before announcing their engagement in August 2018. They got married in May 2019.
- Prior to becoming an actor, Joe LoCicero accumulated some success as a model. He was featured in commercial campaigns for various international fashion brands, including Abercrombie & Fitch, Tommy Hilfiger, and Juicy Couture.
- In 2013, LoCicero began his acting career in Jeff Compton’s short film ‘Hector: Lost Souls with Switchblades’. Also starring Kiyomi McCloskey, Aurora Rowland-Martinez, and Eric Frentzel, the film revolves around modern-day hooligans who fashion themselves after a Retro 1950's gang. That year, he also appeared in his first TV project, the television documentary ‘A Crime to Remember’. In the 2014 comedy short ‘Karaoke the Movie’, LoCicero worked with director Tyler Jolley. He had a recurring role as an MMA fighter in three episodes of the first season of the Audience Network drama series ‘Kingdom’, appearing in both the pilot and season finale episodes.
- In 2015, he appeared in another comedy short, ‘Crossword Puzzle Brahs’, which tells the story of a group of friends interested in crossword puzzles. In 2016, he had his cinematic debut in Mark Potts’ action comedy ‘Spaghettiman’, portraying a character named Keto. He also choreographed the fights in the film. In the same year, he was featured in the short ‘The Perfect Pitch’, lent his voice to Luca Vincenzo Cocchiola in the video game ‘Battlefield 1’, and appeared in the indie horror science fiction film ‘Welcome to Willits.’
- LoCicero’s first guest appearance in The CW’s telenovela ‘Jane the Virgin’ was in a season two episode. He also made an appearance in the third season, as well as in the fourth season. He co-wrote the script of the 2018 action comedy ‘Cop Chronicles: Loose Cannons: The Legend of the Haj-Mirage’ with Winston Carter, Benjamin Crutcher, Samir Forghani, Brand Rackley, and the film's director Mark Potts. He also starred in the film, playing the role of McGraw. In 2019, he shared screen space with his then-fiancée Rodriguez in two indie films: ‘Miss Bala’ and ‘Someone Great’. LoCicero is set to star in two upcoming short films: ‘Karate City’ and ‘I Lost My Phone’.
- Joe LoCicero was born on August 9, 1986, in Long Island, New York, USA, in a large Italian-American family. Little else is known about his upbringing.
- In 2016, on the set of ‘Jane the Virgin’, LoCicero met Rodriguez, who portrays the eponymous character in the show. Between 2016 and 2018, LoCicero made three appearances in the show. In the season two episode ‘Chapter Thirty-Nine’, he played a Don Quixote Stripper. They began dating not long after. LoCicero and Rodriguez confirmed that they were in a relationship when they walked together on the red carpet at the first annual Marie Claire Young Women’s Honors awards show in 2016. Rodriguez not only produced the event but also served as its host. It celebrates young millennial women who are bringing about positive changes in the world. Rodriguez also delivered a speech about her aspirations as a child and her wish to see women keep on breaking barriers.
- LoCicero and Rodriguez got engaged sometime in July 2018. They celebrated her 34th birthday (on 30 July) at Mexico's Hotel Casa Malca. On that day, he shared several pictures on his Instagram of Rodriguez with a diamond ring on her left ring finger. She gave the formal confirmation of her engagement during an interview with the Associated Press on 7 August. In the same interview, Rodriguez spoke at length about her relationship with LoCicero, stating that "Timing is everything. If he was not down to go to those spaces with me, we wouldn't have worked out”. She added that she would be equally happy to get married in the courthouse, but both came from large families and they wanted to do it in a way that would make their relatives happy.
- The couple exchanged wedding vows on May 4, 2019, with Rodriguez’s co-star Justin Baldoni officiating the ceremony. He also sang while she walked down the aisle.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed