Jim Skrip Biography
Jim Skrip is an American businessman and a real estate agent, better known as the husband of the popular actress, singer, and model Vanessa Williams. Jim and Vanessa first met in 2012, and after a few years of courtship, they walked the aisle in 2015. The couple again got married in a Catholic ceremony the following year. Jim is not William’s first husband. She divorced twice before getting married to Jim. The couple does not have any children yet. However, Vanessa is a mother of four from her previous marriages.
- Jim is a businessman cum real estate agent from Buffalo, New York. He has worked as an accountant too, previously. Vanessa too belongs to New York and is the former Miss America. Surprisingly, even after a strong New York connection, they both were destined to meet miles away in Egypt. Jim and Vanessa met in 2012 in Egypt where they both were vacationing. Vanessa and her daughter from her second marriage, Sasha, was on a cruise to Egypt while Jim was travelling alone. Interestingly, not any person but it was Jim’s t-shirt that played the cupid. His t-shirt caught Vanessa’s attention and she approached him to know if he was from her mother’s hometown, Buffalo. After Jim replied in affirmative, the two began their conversation. Vanessa even invited Jim for dinner the same evening. During their first conversation itself, they both felt a connection. They even shared a lot about themselves that eventually developed a mutual interest. Jim was completely smitten by the former Miss America’s beauty. He got attracted to her spirit with which she had lived her life. Vanessa too was charmed by Jim’s personality and good looks, thanks to his Mexican origins. By the end of their three hours long conversation, they developed feelings for each other. Even after the vacation, the two met again quite a few times. They soon began dating each other and two years later they got engaged.
- Vanessa announced her engagement to Jim on the 'The Queen Latifah Show' on which she appeared to promote her next Broadway show, The Trip Bountiful. She showed her cushion-cut diamond placed at the center of a platinum halo. The center diamond was flanked by two half-moon shaped stones on either side. The ring was exclusively designed by a Buffalo-based jewelry designer, Bomi.
- Jim and Vanessa mutually decided to keep their relationship private. It was only after Vanessa announced her engagement, a few details of their relationship were revealed. In her interviews with many leading tabloids, she has mentioned about Jim’s charming nature. Jim has accepted her with her past and as the way she is, she added further to that. On numerous occasions, Vanessa has displayed her love and affection for Jim on her various social media platforms. Jim has brought many positive changes in her life.
- Jim and Vanessa’s wedding was a lavish affair. The couple said ‘I Do’ to each other on 4th of July 2015 at the Polish church in Buffalo, St. Stanislaus Church. The plush wedding was an intimate event and the guest list was confined only to family and friends. Vanessa walked down the aisle singing ‘Ave Maria’ dressed in a beautiful white gown designed by Carmen Marc Valvo. Jim too looked dashing in a designer white tuxedo. Keeping in mind their first meet, the whole wedding was themed on Egyptian culture. The wedding was planned by the New York-based wedding designer, Carla Measer-Costamagna. The whole wedding was beautifully captured by Shutter Dream Studio. A video, custom made for the couple was released later, which featured the making of their wedding invitation card customized by an Australian company, Giant Invitations.
- The wedding was followed by a reception at The Statler City banquet hall. In continuation of the wedding’s Egyptian theme, the banquet too was esthetically decorated with gold and ivory tents, beautiful Moroccan lanterns and colorful orchids.
- The following year, on May 30, Jim and Vanessa again got married because Jim’s annulment was not done in the previous ceremony. This time, they got married in a proper Catholic ceremony at a church in Vanessa’s hometown in Chappaqua, New York. For this wedding, Vanessa chose a Pamella Roland V-neck gown. The outfit was accentuated by a pink sash tied around her waist. Vanessa finished her look with a wavy loose chignon bun and for jewels, she wore oversized drop earrings. Jim, on the other hand, chose a classic black pantsuit paired with a light pink tie.
- Jim and Vanessa are currently residing in Depew, Buffalo, New York. Vanessa’s daughter from her second marriage, Sasha lives with them. However, there is no information if Jim has legally adopted Vanessa’s three children from her first marriage. Vanessa has a son named Devin and two daughters, Melanie and Jillian from the film producer, Ramon Hervey.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed