Jessica Amlee Biography
Jessica Amlee is a Canadian film and TV actor, best known for her roles in the TV series ‘Heartland’ and ‘Greenhouse Academy’ and the films ‘Beneath’ and ‘Eve and the Fire Horse.’ Jessica began her career as a child artist, playing ‘Annie Owen’ in a single episode of the Canadian–American science-fiction series ‘Mysterious Ways.’ Such early exposure paved her way for several other on-screen works, such as the series ‘Miracle Pets,’ ‘The Twilight Zone,’ and ‘Smallville.’ She has also been part of films such as ‘My Life Without Me’ and ‘Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus’ (voice role). She featured as part of the main cast of ‘Heartland’ for several years and starred in the straight-to-DVD thriller–horror film ‘Beneath.’ She has also appeared in many short films, such as ‘Reflection’ and ‘The Invisible Dog.’ She has been part of TV films such as ‘The Love Crimes of Gillian Guess’ and ‘Left Coast.’ She has been seen in commercials for brands such as ‘Coca-Cola’ and ‘Hasbro.’ Presently, she plays ‘Jackie Sanders’ in the ‘Netflix’ “tween drama” ‘Greenhouse Academy.’
- Jessica Amlee was born Jessica Kelsey Amlee, on July 17, 1994, in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada, to Douglas Amlee and Steffie Amlee. She is the granddaughter of noted Canadian jazz saxophonist Paul John Guloien (also known as PJ Perry), who received several honors and awards for his work, such as the ‘Juno Award’ for the ‘Best Jazz Album’ in 1993.
- Jessica received full support from her parents. She once said that she had the most caring and supportive family. Not much is known about her family background, early life, or qualification, except that she has a brother named Mason. The latter appeared with her in a 2002 episode of the ‘ION’-aired hour-long live-action program ‘Animal Miracles’ (also broadcast as ‘Miracle Pets’), titled ‘Rocky & Marilyn.’
- She attended the ‘Kanaka Creek Elementary School’ before pursuing her career in the entertainment industry as a child artist.
- Jessica started her acting career as ‘Annie Owen’ in a 2001 episode of the Canadian–American science-fiction drama series ‘Mysterious Ways,’ titled ‘Dead Dog Walking.’ This was followed by single-episode appearances in series such as ‘The Outer Limits’ (2001), ‘Smallville’ (2001), and ‘Miracle Pets’ (2002). In the fall of 2002, she participated in a public service announcement for the 'Canadian National Hockey Association,’ aimed at eliminating the unnecessary pressure and expectations that parents put on their children.
- While continuing with her small-screen endeavors, Jessica forayed into films and played the younger version of ‘Julia Lund’ in the 2002-released American supernatural horror film ‘They.’ The film starred Laura Regan as the adult version of ‘Julia Lund.’
- Jessica’s next film was both a critical and commercial success. It was a Canadian drama titled ‘My Life Without Me,’ which released on December 17, 2003, and starred Sarah Polley, Leonor Watling, Scott Speedman, and Mark Ruffalo. The film featured Jessica as ‘Penny,’ the daughter of the character played by Sarah Polley.
- She portrayed Young Gillian Guess in the Canadian drama film ‘The Love Crimes of Gillian Guess.’ The film, starring Joely Collins, Ben Bass, and Hugh Dillon, premiered at the 2004 ‘Toronto International Film Festival’ on September 17 and was later distributed primarily as a TV film on ‘Citytv.’ In the ensuing years, she starred in TV films such as ‘Firestorm: Last Stand at Yellowstone’ (2006), ‘Last Chance Cafe’ (2006), ‘Left Coast’ (2008), and ‘Kidnapped: The Hannah Anderson Story’ (2015).
- Meanwhile, she starred as ‘Sophie Laine,’ along with Michael Ryan and Lynda Boyd, in the 2004-released short drama film ‘Reflection,’ written and directed by Tony Dean Smith. She also featured in the short films ‘The Invisible Dog’ (2006) and ‘Juliana and the Medicine Fish’ (2007).
- She played the voice role of ‘Blush’ in the 2005 direct-to-DVD computer-animated princess film ‘Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus.’
- She starred as ‘Amy’ in the straight-to-DVD thriller–horror film ‘Beneath.’ It released on DVD on August 7, 2007, and was the first direct-to-video title produced by ‘MTV Films.’
- One of her most notable roles has been that of ‘Mallory Wells Anderson’ in the ‘CBC’-aired ongoing Canadian family drama ‘Heartland.’ She played the role in 95 episodes of the series, from 2007 to 2013 and then again in 2017.
- In 2005, Jessica was awarded the ‘Leo Award’ for the ‘Best Supporting Performance by a Female in a Feature Length Drama’ for her role in ‘The Love Crimes of Gillian Guess’ (2004). She thus became the youngest person ever to win the award.
- Since 2017, Jessica plays ‘Jackie Sanders’ in the “tween drama” ‘Greenhouse Academy.’ It was adapted from the Israeli TV series ‘The Greenhouse’ (‘Ha-Hamama’) and premiered on ‘Netflix’ on September 8, 2017.
- Over the years, Jessica has also appeared in more than 50 commercials for various brands. Two such brands are ‘Coca-Cola’ and ‘Hasbro.’
- She is also popular on various social-media platforms. Her ‘Twitter’ account, ‘jkamlee,’ and her ‘Instagram’ account, ‘jessicakelseyamlee,’ have already gained thousands of followers.
- Jessica takes time out from her busy schedule and engages in social work. She had made several donations to the ‘Children’s Miracle Network Telethon’ in 2003 for a TV voice-over. The main objective of this event was to support the ‘British Columbia Children's Hospital’ situated in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- It seems that Jessica prefers to keep her personal life away from the limelight, as she has not divulged much about her relationships, excepting once revealing in an interview that her previous relationships had turned unfavourable for her. Although it is generally considered that she is single at present, rumors claim that she has a boyfriend named David Jones Roberts.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed