Tiera Skovbye Biography
Tiera Skovbye is a Canadian small-screen actress. Beginning her acting career at the age of seven after she was discovered by an agent at the Children's Festival in Vancouver, she did several commercials before she landed her first lead role in the children’s DVD series ‘McKid's Adventures’. She has always loved theater, and has studied many of the plays of William Shakespeare. She came to prominence with her role of Elizabeth Berkley in the television film ‘The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story’, aired on ‘Lifetime. Her roles in the hit show ‘Supernatural’, followed by ‘Kaya’, ‘The Troop’, ‘Wingin' It’, ‘The Haunting Hour’ and ‘Spooksville’ further boosted her career. She has also portrayed the role of Elizabeth in Mary Shelley's play ‘Frankenstein’. The young and ambitious actress has now set her eyes on venturing into films and dreams of ending up in Hollywood.
- In 2007, Tiera Skovbye landed her first notable role as the 10-year-old Jane in the drama series ‘Painkiller Jane’, an American-Canadian science fiction series based on the comic book character of the same name. It was aired on the Sci Fi Channel in the US.
- In 2008, Tiera started modeling as a 13-year-old. She has modeled for a number of designers and photographers, and for many of her campaigns, she traveled across North America, Asia, and Europe. She was also featured in renowned fashion magazines like ‘Elle Canada’, ‘Wedding Bells’, ‘Plaid’, ‘Chloe’, and ‘Elle China’.
- She played the lead role as Sam Turner in a CBC pilot, ‘Wishing Well’ in 2010. In the same year, she also appeared in ‘The Troop’, an American-Canadian comedy-adventure television series about a trio of teenagers who fight and capture monsters and other supernatural creatures. She played Darla Robinson in the episode: ‘Double Felix’.
- In 2012, she did two films, ‘Girl in Progress’, a drama film directed by Patricia Riggen, and ‘A Christmas Story 2’, directed by Brian Levant. The film was a direct sequel to the 1983 film ‘A Christmas Story’.
- She also portrayed the lead role of Raven in the television movie ‘Forever 16’, aired on Lifetime movie in 2013. In the same year, she starred in an episode of ‘Spooksville’, an action/adventure TV series, premiered on the Hub Network. Her TV credits also include episodes of ‘Dead of Summer’, where she played young Elizabeth Mitchell, and ‘Arrow,’ where she portrayed Oliver and Thea’s friend Madison Danforth.
- In 2017, she played the recurring role of Polly Cooper in the teen drama series ‘Riverdale’, based on the characters by Archie Comics, and adapted for The CW.In November 2017, it was announced that she would recur as Robin on the seventh season of ‘Once Upon a Time’, an American fantasy drama series that is being aired on ABC. The drama is about various fairy-tale characters who are sent to the real world with all their original memories erased by a curse.
- She has been cast in the upcoming horror-thriller film ‘Summer of ’84’. Matt Leslie is producing the film with Jameson Parker and Shawn Williamson. The movie explores the idea that every serial killer lives next door to someone.
- Tiera Skovbye was born on May 6, 1995, in Vancouver, Canada, and has a Scandinavian background. She has a younger sister, Alissa, who is also an actress. She has attended some top acting schools in Vancouver, most notably under prominent acting coach Kate Twa at Railtown Actors Studio.
- In August 2017, she announced her engagement to her longtime boyfriend, producer Jameson Parker.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed