Millie Davis Biography
Millie Davis is a Canadian film and television actress. She is best recognised for portraying Ms. O in the children's live action educational television series ‘Odd Squad’, Gemma Hendrix in the sci-fi thriller television series ‘Orphan Black’ and Summer in the comedy drama film ‘Wonder’. Millie stepped into showbiz at just 6 months of age appearing in a commercial with her father. She landed up with her first television role even before she turned 4 years of age. Her expansive oeuvre so far has seen her featuring in several notable television roles in series’ like ‘Annedroids’, ‘Orphan Black’ and ‘Odd Squad’; and appearing in TV movies such as ‘Odd Squad: World Turned Odd’. She has become a seasoned voice actress who has performed voice roles in notable TV series’ like ‘Wishenpoof!’ and ‘Doozers’. She has also appeared in films like ‘A Dark Truth’ and ‘Wonder’. Presently she is playing the voice role of Esme, one of the titular characters, in the animated children's television series ‘Esme & Roy’.
- She made her debut in the world of entertainment when she was a mere toddler of six months featuring in a Run for the Cure commercial with her father Wayne Davis. In 2007 she played the voice role of Serena / Dot in the American-Canadian children's CGI computer animated show ‘Super Why!’. In 2011 she played Caitlyn McQuarrie in the TV movie ‘Befriend and Betray’. She played one of the main voice roles of Chloe in the animated TV movie ‘The Magic Hockey Skates’ in 2012. That year she also featured as Saber Francis in the Damian Lee directed and written action thriller film ‘A Dark Truth’. The film starring Andy García, Forest Whitaker, Eva Longoria, Deborah Kara Unger and Kim Coates premiered at the 2012 Boston Film Festival and had its theatrical release in the US on January 4, 2013.
- One of her notable roles includes that of Gemma Hendrix in the Canadian science fiction thriller television series ‘Orphan Black’. The series aired for 5 seasons encompassing 50 episodes from March 30, 2013 to August 12, 2017. The blockbuster hit American comedy-drama film ‘The Best Man Holiday’ written and directed by Malcolm D. Lee featured her in the role of Hope. The film that released on November 15, 2013 and starred Morris Chestnut, Sanaa Lathan, Terrence Howard, Taye Diggs and Regina Hall among others, was also a critical success.
- The American/Canadian computer animated series ‘The Doozers’ that began airing on Hulu on April 25, 2014, features her in one of the main characters of Daisy Wheel Doozer. She essayed the role of Crying Girl in the Dillon Casey starrer Canadian medical drama series ‘Remedy’ in 2014. She played the starring role of PAL in the J. J. Johnson created Canadian CGI/live action children's television series ‘Annedroids’. The series ran for 4 seasons encompassing 52 episodes from July 25, 2014 to March 3, 2017. It fetched her Outstanding Ensemble Cast in a Web or VOD Series award nomination along with Addison Holley, Adrianna Di Liello and Jadiel Dowlin at the 2016 Young Artist Awards event.
- She landed up playing one of the most remarkable roles of her career so far, that of Ms. O in the Canadian/American children's live action educational television series titled ‘Odd Squad’ in 2014. She featured in the first season of the series which premiered on November 26 that year on TVOKids in Canada and PBS Kids in the US. She along with the cast of the series won the ‘Best Young Ensemble in a TV Series’ award at the Joey Awards in 2015. Her performance in the series also fetched her award nomination in the category of ‘Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Program or Limited Series’ at the 2017 Canadian Screen Awards. She later reprised the role in the comedy television movie ‘Odd Squad: World Turned Odd’ that released on January 15, 2018.
- She featured as Victoria in the American comedy television series ‘Man Seeking Woman’ and did the voice role of Priscilla / Molly in the Canadian family TV series ‘Playdate’ in 2015. That year she also started giving voice over as Penelope in the American-Canadian animated series ‘Wishenpoof’ that started airing from August 14, 2015. The second season of the ongoing series was released on September 26, 2017. The critically successful blockbuster hit American comedy-drama film ‘Wonder’ starring Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson among others featured Millie in the role of Summer. The film released theatrically in the US on November 17, 2017.
- She plays the titular voice role of Esme, a monster sitter in the animated children's television series ‘Esme & Roy’. The series which has already aired 8 episodes premiered on August 18, 2018 and was broadcast simultaneously on Treehouse TV in Canada and on HBO in the US.
- Millie Davis was born on December 6, 2006, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in the family of Megan and Wayne Davis who runs the acting school called Charactors Theatre Troupe located in Thornhill, Ontario. Her elder brother Drew Davis also grew up to be an actor. Millie and Drew has featured as on-screen siblings in ‘Orphan Black’, ‘A Dark Truth’ and ‘Befriend and Betray’. Her nicknames are Millie Maloo and Mill. Not much is known about the educational pursuits of this child prodigy. Millie has earned decent attention on her Instagram account ‘thatmilliedavis’ monitored by her parents. It has already gained over 70 K followers.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed