Jess Greenberg Bio
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born Country: England
Born in: London, England
Famous as: YouTuber, Singer, Acoustic Guitarist.
City: London, England
education: University College London
Jess Greenberg is a British singer, acoustic guitarist and YouTube personality famous for her channel titled "JessGreenberg1" where she posts cover versions of songs by popular singers. She is primarily known for covering rock songs, supported with acoustic guitar played by her. Since 2010, she has covered songs by artists like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, The White Stripes, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Bon Jovi. Some of her most popular covers are "Highway to hell" by AC/DC, "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes, "Under the bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers and "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk. In December 2012, she was named the "Female Artist of the Month" on the Star Central magazine's website. In August 2013, her cover of "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk won Ryan Seacrest's "Totally Covered Summer" competition. In August 2014, Sports Illustrated website termed her cover of "Enter Sandman" as "The Best-Looking Metallica Cover You'll See Today". ‘Guitar World’ magazine featured her covers of Led Zeppelin's songs in October 2014. In March 2015, Metro UK magazine wrote an article on her growing popularity as an "internet star".
- Jess Greenberg was interested in music since she was a child and first performed in front of an audience at the age of four. During a trip to St. Tropez, she had requested the performer at Hotel Byblos to present Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love With You". Instead, the performer asked if she would like to perform the song herself. A very excited Jess performed on stage for the very first time and impressed her audience. Eventually, she got hooked to rock music in 2003 after watching the Jack Black movie School of Rock. She started to listen to famous rock bands like AC/DC, Guns N' Roses and Red Hot Chili Peppers. As a rock guitarist herself, she has been heavily influenced by the celebrated musician Jimi Hendrix.Recommended Lists:
- In 2010, at the age of 15, she created her YouTube channel titled "JessGreenberg1" and started posting covers of popular songs by various artists. Her first post was a cover version of the Carole King/James Taylor song "You've Got a Friend", which was released on October 29, 2010. For the first couple years, her YouTube channel grew slowly, but her popularity rose steadily after she was featured as the "Female Artist of the Month" on the Star Central magazine's website in December 2012. As of April 2017, she has 1.26 million subscribers on her YouTube channel, with 149 million views on her videos.
- Most of her viewers agree that Jess Greenberg has a charming voice and is a talented acoustic guitar. However, people who followed her in her early days on YouTube and those who got to know her later and went back to check her timeline cannot ignore the obvious fact that her talents as a musician may not have been the sole reason behind her growing popularity. In fact, it has been noted by many that her YouTube channel exploded with views after Jess decided to bring in some not-so-subtle changes to her appearance in her music videos after she turned 18.
- From a cursory look at her videos, her attempt at overtly objectifying herself is evident. While she receives millions of views on her videos, with countless comments on each, many argue that most of the comments reveal the she is particularly attracting a group of male audience who would have been there even if her videos were silent. Some old fans of her even expressed their dissatisfaction with the fact that she unashamedly connects showcasing her musical talents with showcasing her physical features. Despite all that, it is hard to ignore her talents as she consistently receives positive coverage on a number of websites centered on musical content, such as "Classic Rock 96.1" and "Metal Injection".
- Considering the fact that her YouTube videos get most of the attention, it is easy to overlook that Jess Greenberg is also a successful analyst who has worked at prestigious management companies. A brilliant student, she earned degree in Statistics, Economics and Finance at University College London after securing four A's and one A* at A Level (Maths, Further Maths, Economics and French) in school. During her college years, she served as an intern at Goldman Sachs, Barclays, BAML and Morgan Stanley. In October 2016, she joined Winton Capital as an analyst and is presently working there. She currently seems to be focused on her professional career as she has not posted any new content on her YouTube channel in the past six months.
- Jess Greenberg was born on December 20, 1994, in London, England. She studied economics at University College London. Not much is known about her family and personal life.
Jess Greenberg Fans Also Viewed