Toby Randall Bio
Toby Randall is a British singer and YouTuber. He is presently signed to Jay-Z’s record label Roc Nation. A native of the town of Northampton, Toby has been interested in music since he was a child. In 2000, he began performing covers of popular songs in his bedroom and uploading them to his Vine and YouTube accounts. At the height of Vine’s popularity, he had garnered over 1.4 million followers and as of 2018, he has more than a million subscribers on YouTube. In 2016, he put out his debut single, ‘Misfits’. A year later, he collaborated with DJ Khaled for the song ‘Landslide’. It was followed by the release of his debut extended play ‘One’ in August 2017. He is quite popular on other social media platforms as well and has more than 110 thousand followers on Facebook, about 90 thousand followers on Twitter, and over 180 thousand followers on Instagram.
- Toby Randall has always harbored aspirations of becoming a musician one day. In 2013, he started covering popular songs in his bedroom. Later, he set up his Vine account and began posting the covers there. He became so popular on the platform that he had garnered over a million followers within a year. At the height of Vine’s popularity, he had 1.4 million followers. Prior to early 2017, when Vine closed down for good, Toby had been posting his music videos both on the app and on YouTube. After it shut down, YouTube became the only platform where he could post his videos. While he does have accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, they are used for either announcements or for posting photographs.Recommended Lists:
- He created his YouTube account in October 2011 and the first video was uploaded two months later, in December. Titled ‘Favourite Vines That I Have Made - Toby Randall’, the video was posted when he had already become an established Vine star. In time, his channel grew exponentially, especially after Vine shut down. In 2014, he got the chance to perform at the DigiFest UK.
- It was around 2014 when Toby was contacted by Roc Nation for the first time. A few months later, in September, he travelled to London to meet the executives from the label and was told that they would love to work with him. It shocked him as he did not think that anything serious would come out of it. In 2017, he finally signed a contract with Roc Nation.
- Toby had already released one original single called ‘Misfits’ in 2016. Since the signing of the contract, ‘Landslide’ was supposed to be his first single with Roc Nation. However, he received the news that the project was not going forward. He was depressed about it until he was told that they would be recording the song and DJ Khaled would be involved with the project. ‘Landslide’ was released in 2017 to positive reviews. In August 2017, he put out his debut extended play, ‘One’. Besides ‘Landslide’, it has two more songs, ‘Hold Me Down’ and ‘House Party’. Toby is set to release his next project in 2019. The recording will begin in October.
- Toby was born on August 6, 2001 in the town of Northampton in England. His father’s name is Barrie Randall. He is the middle son. His elder brother’s name is Luke while his younger brother is William. He has expressed his desire to move to Los Angeles in 2019.
Toby Randall Fans Also Viewed