Jayy Von Monroe Biography
Jeremy Brian Griffis is an American singer and guitarist formerly affiliated with the electronic music duo Blood on the Dance Floor. He is better known by his stage name Jayy Von Monroe. A native of Florida, he left high school to join Dahvie Vanity in Blood on the Dance Floor in 2009. He would be part of the musical act for the next seven years, releasing six studio albums, ‘Epic’, ‘All the Rage!!’, ‘Evolution’, ‘Bad Blood’, ‘Bitchcraft’, and ‘Scissors’; three compilation albums, ‘The Revolution Pack’, ‘Blood Unplugged’, and ‘RIP 2006-2016’; and four extended plays, ‘Epic: The Remixes’, ‘Clubbed to Death’, ‘The Anthem of the Outcast’, and ‘Cruel Pornography’. In September 2016, Monroe left the group and within a month, the disbandment of the group was announced. Blood on the Dance Floor since has reunited without Monroe, who is pursuing a solo career himself and has released several singles. Monroe is openly gay and a male-to-female cross-dresser. He has a cross-dressing persona named The Dahli.
- Jayy Von Monroe aspired to become a musician since he was a child. Originally, a group named Love the Fashion was set up in 2006 by Dahvie Vanity, whose real name is Jesus David Torres, with Christopher Mongillo and Rebecca Fugate. They later changed their name to Blood on the Dance Floor and released their debut studio album ‘Let’s Start a Riot’ in 2008. Mongillo and Fugate quit the band during the recording of the group’s second album, ‘It's Hard to Be a Diamond in a Rhinestone World’. Vanity brought in Garrett Ecstasy to replace them. Ecstasy was in turn replaced by Monroe sometime in 2009.
- Monroe’s first album with Blood on the Dance Floor was ‘Epic’, the group’s third album overall. Released on October 5, 2010, it was also their first album to make appearances on the US Billboard music charts. It peaked at number five on the US Billboard Top Electronic Albums chart and at number 12 on the US Billboard Top Heatseekers chart.Blood on the Dance Floor’s fourth album, ‘All the Rage!!’ was put out on June 14, 2011. Compared to ‘Epic’, it was a disappointment, peaking at number 13 on the US Billboard Top Electronic Albums chart and at number 26 on the US Billboard Top Heatseekers chart.
- They got back on track with ‘Evolution’, their next album. It was released on June 19, 2012, and topped the US Billboard Top Electronic Albums chart. It is also their best-selling album as of 2018.
- Shortly after the release of ‘Evolution’, the group released their sixth EP, ‘The Anthem of the Outcast’ on October 30, 2012. It reached the number one spot on the UK Kerrang! Chart. Their sixth studio album, ‘Bad Blood’, came out a year later, on September 3, 2013. Peaking at the number two spot on the US Billboard Top Electronic Albums chart, it was not as successful as ‘Evolution’ but it did garner significant attention.
- Their album ‘Bitchcraft’ was put out on June 10, 2014 through Dark Fantasy Records. Their seventh studio album, it is comprised of ten tracks and features additional personnel Rusty Wilmot on drums, bass, synths, and programming and Brandy Wynn on violin besides Monroe and Dahvie.
- On August 8, 2015, Blood on the Dance Floor released their seventh EP, ‘Cruel Pornography’ through Dark Fantasy Records. Containing 11 tracks, the extended play was received well by the critics. Monroe’s last studio album with the group, ‘Scissors’, was released on September 30, 2016.
- Blood on the Dance Floor has also released three compilation albums. The first one, ‘The Revolution Pack’ was put out on October 30, 2012, and the second one, ‘Blood Unplugged’, was released on December 20, 2013. Monroe and Dahvie parted ways in September 2016 and Blood on the Dance Floor was disbanded within a month. In 2017, Dahvie recreated the group by replacing Monroe with Fallon Vendetta.
- Since he left Blood on the Dance Floor, Monroe has embarked on a solo career and has released several singles, including ‘It’s On You’, ‘To Burn’, and ‘Uneasy’.
- Jayy Von Monroe was born on August 17, 1991, in Orlando, Florida. Little is known about his family and early life. His mother is active on Twitter and goes by the moniker Mom Monroe. He was a rebellious kid and got into many troubles. He dropped out of high school to join Dahvie Vanity in his new musical act, Blood on the Dance Floor. He reportedly has half-sisters.
- Monroe is openly gay. He had a very public relationship with a man named Daniel. They dated from 2009 to 2012 and were even engaged before splitting up. They got together again later only to part ways once more.
- Monroe is also a male-to-female cross-dresser and his cross-dressing persona, The Dahli, has an Instagram account with over 60 thousand followers. He has set up a website from which he sells merchandise for his two personas.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed