Jackson Theron Biography
Jackson Theron is one of the two adopted children of famous 'Academy Award'-winning actor Charlize Theron. Jackson is a transgender child and was born in South Africa. Charlize was always vocal about her adoption plans. She finally made her wish come true when she visited several orphanages in South Africa. She adopted Jackson legally and began raising him as a boy. She shocked the media when she revealed that Jackson was actually a girl. Jackson came out with her true sexual identity when he was 3 years old. Charlize, who is a prominent LGBTQ activist, accepted the fact whole-heartedly. Since then, Charlize has raised Jackson as her daughter. However, she revealed Jackson's sexual identity years later. Charlize even broke her engagement to her then-fiance, Sean Penn, as he had no intention of legally adopting Jackson. To help Jackson grow up as a girl, Charlize later adopted a girl from South Africa. The actor is now happily and single-handedly raising her two beautiful daughters.
- The exact date of Jackson's birth is not known yet. She was born to an African–American couple and was adopted by Charlize Theron. Not much is known about Jackson's biological parents. Charlize always wanted to adopt children. Her wish turned into a firm decision after she visited some orphanages in South Africa. Jackson was raised as a single child for 3 years, until Charlize adopted another child, a daughter, in August 2015.
- Jackson was known as a boy to his family. She was adopted as a boy, and initially, her mannerisms were not too prominent. Charlize, too, raised Jackson as a boy (dressing her up as one) until she turned 3. In an interview given by Charlize after the revelation of Jackson's sexual orientation, she claimed that her biologically male son had first opened up at the age of 3. Jackson had apparently said that she was a girl and not a boy. Since then, Charlize has been raising Jackson as her daughter and not her son. She even gave Jackson a makeover, starting with dressing her up as a girl. However, Charlize hid the fact from the media for years.
- In April 2019, Charlize shocked everyone after she revealed Jackson’s sexual identity. She accepted Jackson's admission of her gender. According to Charlize, no one has the right to decide how one should dress up, irrespective of the person’s gender. The information on Jackson being a transgender came out in public after she was seen wearing feminine dresses on a few occasions. While the 'Academy Award'-winning actor proudly presented her transgender child in front of the media, there were some haters, too, who criticized Charlize for dressing up a boy as a girl. Charlize responded politely and said that her mother, Gerda, had inspired her decision to support Jackson's choice. An important point to note is that Charlize had a troubled childhood. Her father was shot and killed by her mother as an act of self-defense. Since then, Charlize has always supported Gerda. The firm values embedded in Charlize by Gerda are mirrored in her parenting style, too.
- Charlize has always been sincere in her support to the LGBTQ community. She has been an LGBTQ activist for many years now. In 2009, Charlize told 'The View' that she would not marry her then-boyfriend, Stuart Townsend, until everyone in the US had the right to marry the person of their choice, irrespective of their gender.
- Charlize is now often seen dressing Jackson up as a little girl. Though she mostly keeps her children away from the media, she does not shy away from presenting Jackson as her daughter. The paparazzi once captured Charlize as she dropped Jackson off at a music lesson in Los Angeles.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed