Who is Jackie Christie?
Jackie Christie—wife of basketball star Doug Christie—is a well-known reality television star who is known for her appearance in VH1’s ‘Basketball Wives: Los Angeles’. Considered as very outspoken and the most controversial cast member by her fans, this American celebrity is very successful both in the entertainment and business world. She owns two companies: Jean Fya Records, a music production label, and BSM Media, which is an entertainment firm. Not just this! She is also a fashion designer and runs a fashion line named ‘Slayed by Jackie Christie’. In addition, she is an author who has written a handful of motivational books. This multitalented lady is also known for her philanthropic nature. Jackie Christie does a lot of charity work and all her fans admire this act of hers. The 47-year-old is a dedicated family woman and has been married to her husband for more than two decades.
The Meteoric Rise To Stardom
Jackie Christie became popular after marrying NBA player Doug Christie. This gave her the opportunity to star in the well-known reality show, ‘Basketball Wives LA’. The show took her name to great heights and earned her considerable fame. The credit for her popularity also goes to her outspoken nature. Jackie and her husband started a reality series ‘The Christies: Committed’. The show highlighted their professional as well as personal lives. However, this show only survived for six episodes and was cancelled before airing its finale. Afterwards, Jackie Christie started writing and became a book publisher in the year 2007. Later on, she started a fashion line with the name ‘Slayed by Jackie Christie’. She even managed to open two companies—Jean Fya Records and BSM Media. These are a music production label company and an entertainment firm respectively. Jackie Christie is very popular on social media as well and has earned thousands of fans. As of now, the American beauty has 301K fans on Instagram and 695K fans on Twitter respectively.
Having ventured into book publishing in 2007, Jackie Christie has written a number of books: ‘Woman’, ‘No Ordinary Love’, ‘Sexual Relations’, ‘Proud to be a Colored Girl’, ‘In The Land of Sex & Money’ and ‘Luv Pons’.
You May Like
Continue Reading Below
Controversies & Scandals
Jackie Christie created a furor when she posted her topless picture on Instagram. According to Christie, this incident was unintentional. She immediately removed the photo, but unfortunately some people had already downloaded the controversial image and further shared it online. This incident nearly led to her divorce as her husband was naturally furious because of this controversy. However, she managed to mend her marriage after assuring him that it was merely an accident.
Behind the Curtains
Jackie Christie was born on July 7, 1969 in Seattle. She was involved in an intimate relationship at an early age which resulted in the birth of Takari, her eldest daughter, in 1990. Her daughter used to live with Christie’s mother who died in 2012. Jackie met NBA player Doug Christie when Takari was three years old. The couple married in 1996 and together raised a son, Douglas Jr., and a daughter, Chantel. Note that Doug and Jackie met through a common friend, Stevie P, who had felt that the two would be perfect for each other. Today, the couple has been married for more than two decades.
1) Jackie Christie claims that the secret to her successful marriage with Doug is friendship. The couple does everything together – from watching movies to shopping to working out and so on. Moreover, the couple still exchange love notes.
2) During Doug’s career, there were rumors that his wife is so protective over her man that she wouldn’t allow any female reporter to interview him.
3) Christie is not in good terms with her oldest daughter Takari. The latter has even posted details of their estranged relationship on the social media.
4) According to reports, VH1 offered Christie over $100,000 for the show’s third season.
5) Jackie Christie is also the host of the radio show titled ‘The Christie’s Infinite Love Talk Radio’.
6) She is a big philanthropist who has her own foundation, ‘Infinite Love Foundation’.
7) Doug and Jackie Christie once decided to make an adult film.