Kris Wu Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Also Known As: Wu Yifan, Kris
Born Country: China
Born in: Guangzhou
Famous as: Actor, model, singer
education: Guangzhou No. 7 Middle School, Point Grey Secondary School, Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School
Kris Wu, born as Li Jiaheng, is a Chinese-Canadian actor, model, and singer. He has given several box office hits in his acting career including ‘Mr. Six’, ‘xXx: Return of Xander Cage’ and ‘Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back’. He has also worked in a number of variety shows till date. Best known as the former member of the band EXO as well as its subgroup EXO-M, Wu has released several albums and solo tracks as a singer. He is one of the most sought-after stars of the Canadian entertainment industry and is associated with several brands as an ambassador. The actor cum singer was the first person to endorse Mixxtail in 2016. He was also chosen by Burberry as its global ambassador, making him the first Asian person as well as the first non-British to be the face of the brand. Talking about the Chinese-Canadian artist’s awards and honors, he received the ‘Best New Actor’ award at the 3rd China International Film Festival London for ‘Somewhere Only We Know’. He was honored with the ‘Mainland China Actor of the Year’ title at the event of GMIC X Annual Awards for his performance in ‘Mr. Six.’ Wu has also won several accolades for his singing projects.
- Kris Wu started his singing career in 2008, as a trainee for S.M. Entertainment. Later on, in Feb 2012, he became a member of the South Korean-Chinese band EXO and released the group’s studio album titled ‘XOXO’ and the track ‘Growl’ in 2013. Then after leaving the band, Wu released his solo track ‘Time Boils the Rain.’
- He made his acting debut in the flick ‘Somewhere Only We Know’ which was released in February 2015. Soon after this, the actor starred in the movies ‘Mr. Six’, ‘Never Gone’, ‘Sweet Sixteen’ and ‘L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties’. Then in January 2017, Wu made his American film debut in the movie ‘xXx: Return of Xander Cage’. He also released the song ‘Juice’ as part of the soundtrack.
- He was then cast as Tang Sanzang in Stephen Chow's flick ‘Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back’ in 2017. Months later, the Chinese-Canadian artiste co-starred in the science fiction movie ‘Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets’. In October 2017, he released the single ‘Deserve’ featuring American rapper Travis Scott. After this, Wu’s track titled ‘B.M.’ came out. This was followed by the single ‘Miss You’ featuring Zhao Liying. The music video for this song was released in December 2017. As for now, Wu is all set to act in the action thriller flick ‘Europe Raiders’.
- Kris Wu was born as Li Jiaheng on November 6, 1990 in Guangzhou, China. He studied at Guangzhou No. 7 Middle School for a short duration. Later he moved to Vancouver where he was enrolled at the Point Grey Secondary School. He also studied at the Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School.
- Wu, who is a great philanthropist, is associated with Heart Ali, a charity project that aims at helping kids suffering from congenital heart defects in Tibet’s Ngari Prefecture. In 2016, the actor cum singer also launched his own charity project under the name Extraordinary Honorary Court. This collaborative project’s goal is to spread basketball in Chinese middle schools so as to encourage the game-loving youth to pursue their dream sport.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed