Hayley Kiyoko Alcroft is an American actress, singer, and songwriter. She is best known for her portrayal of Velma Dinkley in the popular Scooby-Doo films. Born in Los Angeles, California, she is the daughter of actor Jamie Alcroft and figure skater Sarah Kawahara. She began acting in commercials from an early age. She also used to write drum charts for new releases and by the time she was eleven, she started selling them in a music store. Her first appearance on TV was in the comedy series 'Unfabulous', where she played a guest role. Two years later, she portrayed the character Velma Dinkley in the TV movie 'Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins'. She reprised her role in 'Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster', which was released a year later. Both the movies gained huge fan following. Other works she is known for include the role of Raven Ramirez in the TV series ‘CSI: Cyber.’ Her works on the big screen include her roles in films such as 'Hello, My Name Is Frank' and 'XOXO'. Kiyoko, who refers to herself as a gay woman, has been very vocal about her sexual orientation. She wants to inspire confidence in people belonging to the LGBTQ group who go through similar struggles.
- Hayley Kiyoko Alcroft was born on 3rd April 1991, in Los Angeles, California, in the US. Her father is Jamie Aircroft, a popular actor and comedian, and her mother is Sarah Kawahara, a former figure skater and choreographer. Her father is of English and Irish ancestry, while her mother is of Japanese ancestry.From a very early age Kiyoko began appearing in commercials for companies such as GM Onstar and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. She also started taking drum lessons from the age of six. By the time she reached the age of eleven, she was able to write and sell her drum charts in a local music store.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- In 2007, Hayley Kiyoko began her musical career with an all-girl group named 'The Stunners'. Along with the group, she released multiple songs. The same year, she also appeared in an episode of the comedy series 'Unfabulous'.Kiyoko came to popularity in 2009, after her portrayal of Velma Dinkley in the TV movie 'Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins'. Directed by Brian Levant, the movie was aired by Cartoon Network in September. The movie not only gained a huge viewership, but it also became the most watched program in the history of Cartoon Network. She reprised her role in the 2010 TV movie 'Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster'.The same year, her group 'The Stunners' signed to Universal Republic Records, and released ‘Dancin' Around the Truth’, their first single. She also portrayed an evil wizard in a few episodes of 'Wizards of Waverly Place', a fantasy comedy TV series.In 2011, she played a main role in the TV film 'Lemonade Mouth'. The movie, which was directed by Patricia Riggen, was praised by critics. It also won two awards. In 2012, she played a supporting role in the TV movie 'Blue Lagoon: The Awakening'.Her first significant role on the big screen came in the 2014 American comedy drama film 'Hello, My Name Is Frank.' In 2015, she appeared in two movies 'Insidious: Chapter 3', a supernatural horror film and 'Jem and the Holograms', a musical fantasy drama film. The former was a huge commercial success.In 2015, she started appearing in the police drama TV series 'CSI: Cyber'. The show was an average success. However it was cancelled after two seasons. Kiyoko's latest work on the big screen was her role in the 2016 drama film 'XOXO'.She has also released three extended plays. They include ‘A Belle to Remember’ (2014), ‘This Side of Paradise’ (2015) and ‘Citrine’ (2016).Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Major Works
- Hayley Kiyoko’s first significant role was in the 2009 supernatural comedy TV film ‘Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins.’ The film, which aired on Cartoon Network, was based on the popular animated character Scooby Doo and his detective friends. Directed by Brian Levant, the story revolved around the team trying to investigate some ghosts in their school. The film was a huge success, and it became the most watched show in the history of Cartoon Network.She reprised her role of Velma Dinkley in the TV film ‘Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster’. Directed by Brian Levant, the film aired on Cartoon Network in October 2010. The story revolved around the young detective team investigating a lake monster. The film was a success, gaining more than 5 million viewers.Another significant work in Hayley Kiyoko’s career was her role in the 2015 supernatural horror film ‘Insidious: Chapter 3’. Written and directed by Leigh Whannel, the film also starred Dermot Mulroney, Stefanie Scott, Angus Sampson and Lin Shaye. The film was a huge commercial success, grossing $113 million on a budget of around $10 million. It received mostly average reviews.Kiyoko played an important role in the American police drama series ‘CSI: Cyber’, which aired on CBS. The series revolved around a team of police detectives investigating cybercrimes in various parts of North America. Other actors in the series included Patricia Arquette, James Van Der Beek, Peter MacNicol and Shad Moss. The show was an average success. However, it was cancelled after just two seasons.Awards & Achievements
- Hayley Kiyoko won the ‘Jury Award’ in 2015 for her role in the film ‘Hello, My Name is Frank’.Personal Life
- Hayley Kiyoko is currently believed to be single. She was earlier rumored to be in a relationship with actor Nick Palatas. However, in a recent interview she stated that she is homosexual.
1. Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)
(Mystery, Horror, Thriller)
2. XOXO (2016)
3. Jem and the Holograms (2015)
(Music, Drama, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure, Romance)
AwardsMTV Video Music Awards
2018 Push Artist of the Year Winner
How To CiteArticle Title- Hayley Kiyoko BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/hayley-kiyoko-34237.phpLast Updated- September 27, 2017
People Also Viewed