Harland Morenstein, better known as Harley or by his nickname ‘Sauce Boss’, is a Canadian actor and internet star who first made a name for himself with his You Tube channel, ‘Epic Meal Time’. His parents are of Jewish origin, settled in Canada. His spin off TV programme, ‘Epic Meal Empire’ on FYI television was launched in 2014 and is still running today. The show consists of comedy as well as informative recipes and nutrition details. He is known for his six feet six inches frame and beard that inspired him to put up a Vine on beard shaving that became viral. He has a vlog channel featuring his personal life and career that has over 300,000 subscribers. He has also acted in a few music videos and films including Freddie Wong’s video series, ‘Video Game High School’ and the Canadian Horror Trilogy, ‘Moose Jaws’. He appeared in the commercial for Ubisoft music video game, ‘Just Dance 4’ and has made a number of other endorsements. Besides his acting career and web shows, Harley has authored two cook books.
- Harley Morenstein was born on July 20, 1985 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He is of Jewish origin. His ancestors migrated to Canada and became Canadian citizens. He was brought-up along with his brother, Darren.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Harley was tall and heavily built from childhood. He liked his food and took up cooking as a hobby when he was young. His brother was influenced by him and later worked with him on his You Tube food channel.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:He studied in Dawson College and went on to do a Bachelor’s degree in Education from McGill University. History was his favourite subject. His parents were conservative in nature but gave him full support to step out in life and make a living.Continue Reading BelowCareer
- Harley Morenstein started life as a substitute history teacher at the Lakeside Academy in Lachine. He still takes classes off and on. However, he always wanted to be part of show business and experimented with the internet in his spare time. One of his early videos, which he made with his friends, featured him eating a six-patty, 18-bacon strip cheeseburger. The size of the burger and Harley’s rustic look made the video viral on the internet.He co-created the You Tube channel, ‘Epic Meal Time’ with Sterling Toth in 2010. The channel has over seven million subscribers and 300 instalments today. The programme’s success can be measured from its guest stars that include names such as actor and comedian Seth Rogen, professional skateboarder and actor, Tony Hawk, and the famous actor and politician, Arnold Schwarzenegger.The popularity of his food show prompted him to start his own production company ‘NextTime Productions’ with his brother in Los Angeles. He produced the spin off TV programme called ‘Epic Meal Empire’ in 2014, which is still showing every Tuesday on FYI television. Harley stars in his show which has footage to cover people shopping, cooking and eating different types of cuisine.Harley continued to spend a lot of time experimenting on the net and started a Vine on beard shaving in 2013. Because of his trademark beard and towering height, he became famous on his Vine. His popularity motivated him to take up Vlogging in a big way. His Vlog channel, which features his personal life with his dog, girlfriend and members of his food channels, became viral with over 300,000 subscribers in no time.Morenstein has also done his share of acting in music videos and films. He first appeared in a video for the song called ‘Epic wRap’ by Destorm on You Tube in 2011. He also had a role in fellow YouTuber, Freddie Wong’s video series, ‘Video Game High School’. He has endorsed a commercial for the Ubisoft music video game, ‘Just Dance 4’ by his appearance in the promotional campaign with Shane Dawson.He soon graduated to main stream films with a cameo role in Kevin Smith’s horror comedy films ‘Tusk’ and ‘Yoga Horses’. He also starred in the anthology movie ‘Holidays’ and had a lead role in the Canadian Horror Trilogy, ‘Moose Jaws’. In 2015, he was cast in the zombie film, ‘Dead Rising: Watchtower’.Though Harley has diversified into a number of fields, he still refers to himself as a history teacher. Besides his acting career, he has four web shows, three You Tube channels, two cook books with over 17 million subscribers and a net worth of over six million dollars.Major Works
- Harley first made his name with his web series ‘Epic Meal Time’ (2010 to date), ‘Table Top’ (2013) and ‘Video Game High School’ (2012 – 2014).His television appearances include ‘The Tonight Show with Jay Leno’, ‘AXS Live’, ‘Epic Meal Empire’ and ‘@midnight’ where he plays himself and a guest role in ‘Game Shakers’. He also lent his voice for the television show, ‘The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange’.Morenstein has starred in the movies ‘Sync’, ‘Tusk’, ‘Dead Rising: Watchtower’ and ‘Smosh’. His latest movies are ‘Holidays’ and ‘Yoga Horses’ which were released in 2016.Awards & Achievements
- Harley was awarded a Shorty Award in the category of Food for his channel ‘Epic Meal Time’ in 2011.Personal Life
- Harley began dating aspiring actress, Kyla Leon in early 2014. She posts their pictures on Instagram. The couple appears to be happy together. His vlog has several details of their relationship that are closely followed by his fans. She has also made appearances on his TV show ‘Epic Meal Empire’ several times.He is close to his brother and parents. Though he is getting on in age, it seems he has no plans to make a long time commitment and settle for marriage or children as of now.Trivia
- Harley earned the nickname of ‘Sauce Boss’ on his show ‘Epic Meal Time’. He is an excellent cook who makes extremely high calorific food in which he almost always uses bacon, a whole lot of sauces and some form of alcohol.His love for bacon in one of the reasons he was invited to make a cameo appearance on the ‘Rhett and Link’s music video ‘Rub Some Bacon On It’ in 2012.His food shows feature him with his friends from his school days that include Alex Perrault, David Heuff, Tyler Lemco, Ameer Atari and Josh Elkin.He gained about 40 lbs after starting his food show, which according to him is in tune with his six feet six inches height.