Tate McRae Bio
If one had to describe Tate McRae in a phrase it would be ‘an unstoppable force’. One look at her and you would find her like any other girl-next-door, with her innocent smile, casual mannerism, and funky style statement. She loves to play with her dog, hang out with friends, ride her bike and go on family vacations, everything that a normal teenager would do. But once Tate McRae has her dancing shoes on, she transforms into a diva and makes the world a magical place with her scintillating dance moves. Winner of the Mini Best Dancer title at the Dance Awards 2013 in New York, Tate McRae is on a roll with several dance contest victories in her kitty and a role as a featured dancer in a music video. She is also a trained Capezio Athlete and ambassador for the brand and an aspiring song-writing professional.
- Tate McRae was born to be a star. Born to a dancer mother, it was only natural for young McRae to follow suit. At the tender age of six, she was officially enrolled in a ballet dance school and rest as they say is history. Born with an inherent talent, Tate McRae improvised her dancing skills under the guidance of professional trainers and soon became the talk of the town. Her boundless flexibility and impressive control earned her the Dance Awards’ 2013 Mini Best Dancer title. Soon, she clutched for herself a Capezio Athlete sponsorship and a spot on the 2014 Dancerpalooza Beat Squad. In November 2015, she won a silver medal at the Youth America Grand Prix in New York City which gained her a two-week intensive training scholarship at the Berlin State Ballet School. More recently in 2016, she was one of the contestants and main competitor of the FOX network show ‘So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation’. She finished the season with the second runner-up position and as the top female contestant in the competition.Recommended Lists:
- Imagine a single digit aged girl who has mastered all the major forms of dance be it ballet, contemporary, jazz, hip hop and ballroom dancing! Quite unbelievable, isn’t it? It generally takes a person the best of his early years to train himself with a particular dance form, leave alone mastering five or more forms together. And that is what makes Tata McRae special. Before turning ten, McRae made the when she put on her dancing shoes as there was nothing, practically nothing that she could not do while at the stage. A diva in the truest sense, she went on to become the Mini Best Dancer winner which served as a stepping stone for McRae’s fabulous career. Today, she is an all-in-one package – a dancer, an actress, a singer and a social media personality.
- It is hard to imagine for someone who is just 13 to not just know what she wants from her life but make a flourishing career out of it. Tate McRae not just followed her passion but turned it into her profession before hitting the double digits of her age. A Mini Best Dancer winner, she is already well-versed in all the major forms of dance be it ballet, contemporary, jazz, hip hop or even ballroom dancing. However, this is not what Tate McRae is all about. She excels as an actress, having given several voice performances for the show ‘Lalaloopsy’ on Nick Jr., a budding singer/songwriter, a model enthusiast and a dancewear designer for her own line, TWEAR Dancewear. In addition, McRae takes voice lessons and works with her rhythmic coach once a week to keep up flexibility and strength. She also holds dance conventions in her hometown, Calgary, Canada.
- Tate McRae was born on July 1, 2003 in Calgary, Canada. Dance came naturally to her, with her mother being a professional dancer. As such, it wouldn’t be entirely wrong to say that dancing runs in her veins. As an infant, she spent the first two years of her life observing dancers at her mother’s dance studio. The family then shifted to Middle East, wherein her mother supported the family as a dance teacher. When the McRaes moved to Alberta, Canada, little Tate took up formal training in dance at the age of six. Ever since, she trains at least 25 hours a week at dance schools. Currently, McRae studies ballet, contemporary, jazz, hip hop and even ballroom dancing at School of Alberta Ballet in the Professional Division and also trains with the YYC Dance Project.
- As a child, Tate McRae enjoyed dancing around the house which was the primary reason why her mother put her in a dancing school.
Tate McRae Fans Also Viewed