Haley Tju is your quintessential cute girl-next-door. Much like most of the characters she's portrayed in the course of her eight-year career, she has an undeniable aura of likeability and personal charm about her. This is not just because she is a pretty face, but a natural performer full of flair and vivaciousness. The 15-year -old Asian-American teen star started her career when she was just seven, in the hit Miley Cyrus starrer, 'Hannah Montana.' Since then, she has gone on to star in various TV shows and movies, and has established herself as a popular actress, voice artist and singer. Let's take a lookback at the phenomenal rise of yet another adorable Disney belle, Haley Tju.
- Though Haley started out while she was really young - in a Pizza Hut national commercial - she considers another role to be her "official" acting debut. And as far as debuts go, very few could've made as grand an entrance as Haley did. 'Hannah Montana' was all the rage during its run, and it was in the fourth episode of third season, 'You Never Give Me My Money', that Haley faced the camera for the first time. Despite being a minor role, it was the ideal (and auspicious, by the way!) initiation that the little girl deserved. A year later, she made her mark yet again in another hit show, ABC's 'Desperate Housewives.In 2010, Haley returned to Disney through the sitcom, 'The Suite Life on Deck’, this time in a meatier role than any of her previous outings. She played the childhood of Brenda Song's character, London Tipton, in the show; and just like that, Haley went from being 'that cute little girl from some show' to a more recognisable face.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Continue Reading BelowWhat Makes Haley TjuSo Special
- The bane of being a multiracial actor in entertainment industry is that you are often typecast. Despite this obvious disadvantage, Haley has managed to bring diversity to her acting resume, and that itself should speak volumes for her talent. Her success as a voice artist and her popularity as a Disney regular validate the fact that she is versatile and already a seasoned performer in her adolescent years.The common denominator among all the Disney starlets is their affable persona and that 'all-too-ready-to-break-into-a-song-any-minute' ebullience. And Haley has plenty of both. This is the precise reason why she has, over the years, become an integral part of the Disney TV world: youngsters around the world can relate Haley to the archetypal Disney Girl image.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Beyond Fame
- Though Haley Tjuhas herself at home in the ever so happy and perfect Disney world, that hasn't stopped her from experimenting. A prime example is the 2010 subversive thriller, 'Burning Palms', where the young actress played Rose in one of the segments. Her voice acting also deserves special mention here. In 2013, Haley took on the role of Sqweep in the hit Nickelodeon series, 'Monsters vs Aliens.' The voice role of a six-year-old alien progeny was so well-received and well-loved that it became a landmark in Haley's career.It was this performance that landed her a main role in the 2015 Nickelodeon special, 'The Massively Mixed-Up Middle School Mystery', where she played one of the three young detectives.Behind the Curtains
- Even as she keeps shuttling between shows on Disney and Nickelodeon, Haley has good company in her elder sister Brianne Tju, who is also an actress and has starred in Disney shows like 'Liv and Maddie.' Brianne has also co-starred with her sister in 'The Massively Mixed-Up Middle School Mystery.' The duo has three other siblings named Christopher, Katelynn and Lauren.The year ahead looks bright and promising for Haley, with an array of projects lined up and a few others in the pipeline. In 2017, she will be reprising her role as Paige in the sequel to the hit TV movie, 'Rufus'. She will also be revisiting another significant milestone in her budding career - yes, we are talking about Haley's comedic turn as Pepper in the ongoing Nickelodeon sitcom, 'Bella and the Bulldogs.' It wouldn't be a surprise if she emulates the feats of her illustrious 'Hannah Montana' co-star, Miley Cyrus, in the years to come. And here is hoping that she does!Trivia
- Haley is a great believer in astrology.
How To CiteArticle Title- Haley Tju BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/haley-tju-29556.phpLast Updated- May 01, 2018
People Also Viewed