Guadalupe Rodríguez Biography
Guadalupe Rodríguez is a Puerto Rican socialite and former school worker who is better recognized as the mother of popular singer and actress Jennifer Lopez. She is also the mother of 'Emmy Award' winning journalist Lynda Lopez. Guadalupe Rodríguez is a "huge gambler" according to her own daughter, and had once won $2.4 million while playing the slot machines at The Borgata Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Her daughter Jennifer's 2012 'Dance Again World Tour', which was made into the HBO concert film 'Jennifer Lopez: Dance Again' and aired on New Year's Eve 2015, heavily featured Guadalupe and portrayed her as an over-the-top character who wanted to be a star herself. In March 2014, she was one of the celebrity moms to feature in the healthcare campaign called #YourMomCares by the Obama Administration, urging youths to sign up for healthcare.
- Even though Guadalupe Rodríguez had aspirations to be a star when she was young, she did not approve of her daughter Jennifer Lopez's decision to leave college to pursue a career in acting. However, her daughter was successful in achieving stardom and the mother and daughter duo later patched up, putting aside their differences. Since Jennifer earned fame as a singer and actor, Guadalupe has been spotted with the star several times in the public, and often accompanies her to various events. In 2014, she appeared in the #YourMomCares campaign by the Obama Administration and also featured on her daughter's concert film 'Jennifer Lopez: Dance Again'. She accompanied her daughter when she made an appearance on 'The Wendy Williams Show' in New York City in January 2015.
- Guadalupe Rodríguez also appeared in the news in early 2015 after her daughter revealed on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' that her mother had become a millionaire after winning $2.4 million while playing the slot machines at The Borgata Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey, back in the early 2000s. She again surfaced on the news after her daughter Jennifer introduced her to her new boyfriend Alex Rodriguez in April 2017. The next month, she was seen hanging out with her daughter and Alex's mother Lourdes Rodriguez on the set of her daughter's crime drama series 'Shades of Blue'.
- In December 2018, Guadalupe Rodríguez experienced firsthand the flip side of her daughter's immense popularity when she was hit in the head after an over-zealous fan accidentally elbowed her while trying to get a better look at her daughter. The incident, which happened as her daughter stopped to sign autographs after they arrived outside Sirius XM Satellite Radio in New York, left her wincing as she clutched the side of her face, but she continued to march on with her visibly angered daughter. She has since then been spotted with Jennifer Lopez quite a few times and actively helps her raise her twins Max and Emme.
- Guadalupe 'Lupe' Rodríguez was born on December 12, 1945 in Ponce, Puerto Rico, United States. Her mother was Julia Rodriguez. After growing up, she sold Tupperware for some time and also served as a school worker. However, she became a homemaker following her marriage to David Lopez, who worked the night shift at the Guardian Insurance Company before becoming a computer technician at the firm. The couple had three daughters together: Leslie Ann Lopez, born in 1967; Jennifer Lynn Lopez, born in 1969; and Lynda Elaine Lopez, born in 1971.
- They initially lived in a small apartment in the Castle Hill neighborhood in the South Central section of the borough of the Bronx in New York City, but a few years later were able to purchase a two-story house. Despite being Latino parents, they taught their children the importance of being able to speak English properly. They also focused on teaching work ethic to their children. She was against the idea of her daughter Jennifer dropping out of college to pursue a career in acting, which eventually forced her daughter to move out of their family home and into an apartment in Manhattan. Her oldest daughter Leslie is a teacher and singer who is married to Bob Scholl and has two sons named Steven and Brendon. Her middle child Jennifer has twins Max and Emme with her ex-husband Marc Anthony and is currently dating Alex Rodriguez. Her youngest daughter Lynda is an 'Emmy Award' winning journalist who has worked both on radio and on television. She has a daughter named Lucie Lopez-Goldfried with her ex-boyfriend Adam Goldfried. Guadalupe got divorced from her husband David in 1999.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed