Georgianne Walken Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: Georgianne Leigh Walken,Georgianne Leigh Thon
Born in: Wilton, Connecticut
Famous as: Casting Director
Spouse/Ex-: Christopher Walken (m. 1969)
U.S. State: Connecticut
Georgianne Leigh Walken is an American casting director who has worked in over 80 films and television shows combined, starting with ‘End of the Night’ in 1990. She often collaborates with her casting partner Sheila Jaffe, and the two directed the casting for the 1996 American biographical drama film ‘Basquiat’ starring David Bowie, Dennis Hopper, Gary Oldman, Jeffrey Wright, Benicio Del Toro, and Claire Forlani. The duo also cast for other films like the black comedy dark fantasy film ‘Monkeybone’, fantasy adventure comedy film ‘Black Knight’, comedy-drama film ‘Two Girls and a Guy’, and ‘Subway Stories: Tales from the Underground’. Walken has served as a casting director for ‘Entourage’, ‘The Final Cut’ and ‘The Mothman Prophecies’ as well. Also an occasional actress, she has appeared in the popular American crime drama television series ‘The Sopranos’. Her acting credits include a minor role in ‘Brainstorm,’ a 1983 movie starring her husband Christopher Walken.
- Georgianne Walken started her career as a casting director and has worked in over 80 productions till date. She teamed up with her casting partner Sheila Jaffe and formed the Walken/Jaffe casting production group. Her first ever casting work was in 1990 in the film ‘End of the Night’.
- Her major works as a casting director include the American crime drama television series ‘The Sopranos’ starring James Gandolfini, Lorraine Bracco, Edie Falco, Michael Imperioli, Dominic Chianese, Steven Van Zandt, and Tony Sirico, as well as the American comedy-drama television series ‘Entourage’ starring Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara, Jeremy Piven, Debi Mazar, Perrey Reeves, and Rex Lee.
- Walken has also acted in two projects during her illustrious career as a casting director. She appeared in the American science fiction film ‘Brainstorm’ as ‘Wendy Abramson’ alongside her husband Christopher Walken, late Natalie Wood, Louise Fletcher, and Cliff Robertson, and later in an episode of ‘The Sopranos.’
- Georgianne Leigh Walken was born on February 8, 1944, in the United States. In 1969, she married Academy Award winning actor Christopher Walken, who is popularly known for playing challenging roles in films like ‘The Deer Hunter’, ‘The Dogs of War’, ‘Pulp Fiction’, ‘Catch Me If You Can’, and ‘Seven Psychopaths.’ The couple has no children, which, according to her husband has helped them both have successful
- Christopher has played many challenging and negative roles on screen, some of them being mysteriously scary. But Walken has never been intimidated by his characters on screen and has stated that living with a man like him is very “interesting” as she enjoys being with someone who is always exploring new kinds of characters to portray.
- Walken and her husband have a pet cat named ‘Bowtie’ and previously had another named ‘Flapjack’. The duo lives in Wilton, Connecticut and also owns a vacation home in Block Island, Rhode Island besides many other properties.
|1999||Outstanding Casting for a Series||The Sopranos (1999)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed