Georgia Grace Macy Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Born Country: United States
Born in: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: William H. Macy's Daughter
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Georgia Grace Macy is an American student and celebrity kid, best known as the younger daughter of renowned award-winning American actors William Hall Macy and Felicity Huffman. Both her parents have received a “star” each on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame.’ Her elder sister, Sofia, also followed in the footsteps of her parents. According to her father, Georgia is currently studying politics and political science. Recently, her family came under the spotlight when her mother, along with several other rich and powerful parents, was charged by the ‘FBI’ and the ‘US Attorney's Office’ due to her association with the college admissions bribery scandal. It was alleged that what apparently looked like a donation made to the ‘Key Worldwide Foundation’ by Felicity was actually a bribe given to a person who pretended to be Sofia and took the ‘SAT’ on her behalf and managed to get a score much higher than Sofia’s score in the ‘Preliminary SAT’ (PSAT). Felicity was arrested for fraud and conspiracy but was later released on bail. She will be sentenced in September 2019.
- Georgia Grace Macy grew up amidst the glitz and glamor of the entertainment industry, due to her actor parents. Her father, American actor and director William Hall Macy, rose to fame appearing in small, independent films and summer action films. He is best known for his works in productions such as the 1996 black comedy/thriller film ‘Fargo,’ which earned him an ‘Academy Award’ nomination for the ‘Best Supporting Actor.’ He is also famous for his role in the American comedy–drama series ‘Shameless.’ The veteran actor has won two ‘Emmy Awards’ and four ‘Screen Actors Guild Awards.’ Georgia’s mother, Felicity Huffman, is also a seasoned American film, stage, and TV actor, best known for essaying ‘Lynette Scavo’ in the popular ABC mystery comedy–drama series ‘Desperate Housewives.’ She has received many awards, including a ‘Golden Globe Award,’ a ‘Primetime Emmy Award,’ and three ‘Screen Actors Guild Awards.’ She has also received nominations for an ‘Academy Award’ and a ‘BAFTA Award.’ On March 7, 2012, Georgia’s parents received a “star” each on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame.’
- Georgia’s elder sister, Sofia, has also followed in the footsteps of their parents and has become an actor. Some of Sofia’s works are the American sex comedy ‘The Layover’ (2017), directed by her father, and the 9-minute short drama film ‘Aurora’ (2017). Georgia, however, seems to be treading a different path instead of following her family into the entertainment industry. She has mostly stayed away from the spotlight. While speaking about his daughters to the American nationwide Sunday newspaper magazine ‘Parade,’ Georgia’s father once mentioned that Georgia had been interested in politics, political science, and the government. According to Macy, Georgia is pursuing her studies in these subjects in a "very academic school." Her ‘Instagram’ account states that she attends ‘Westridge School,’ an independent day school for girls, located in Pasadena, California
- Although news of Georgia’s parents often does the rounds, usually for their successful entertainment career, recently, the family caught attention for all the wrong reasons. This happened when it was revealed that Georgia’s mother had been involved in a criminal conspiracy to improve Sofia’s chances of enrolling at an elite college. On March 12, 2019, the ‘FBI’ and the ‘US Attorney's Office’ charged Felicity and dozens of others in the 2019 college admissions bribery scandal, also known as “Operation Varsity Blues.” It was alleged by the prosecutors that an amount of $15,000 that Felicity had donated to the ‘Key Worldwide Foundation’ was actually a bribe given to the person who, pretending to be Sofia, had taken the ‘SAT’ on her behalf and had scored 1,420 in the test (which was a score much higher than Sofia’s ‘Preliminary SAT’ (PSAT) score). Felicity was charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services fraud and arrested soon after. She was released on a $250,000 bail on March 13, 2019. She pleaded guilty to honest services fraud on May 13, 2019. She will be sentenced on September 13, 2019.
- Georgia Grace Macy was born on March 14, 2002, in Los Angeles, California, US, to William Hall Macy and Felicity Huffman. She is their younger daughter. Her parents dated on-and-off for 15 years, before tying the knot on September 6, 1997. Georgia’s elder sister, Sofia, was born on August 1, 2000.
- Georgia usually stays away from the limelight and prefers to keep her personal life private. Not much is known about her relationship status. Her father once mentioned in an interview that he wished his children had a lot of sex but without any guilt. Georgia likes to travel, shop, and read. She once mentioned Paris as her dream holiday destination. Her favorite celebrities are American actor Noah Centineo and English actor and model Emma Watson.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed