Fredo Bang Biography
Fredo Bang is an American rapper known for his songs "Father", "Thuggin", "Oouuh" and "Shootas on the Roof", all of which have garnered millions of streams across YouTube, Spotify and SoundCloud. Born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, he was raised by his mother, a teacher, and stepfather, a cleaning company owner. His parents had divorced when he was a year old, following which his mother remarried. Bang graduated from high school but dropped out of college. He started began making music in 2015 and gained both fame and notoriety for his music. Around this time, he became involved in a violent lifestyle as well and got convicted of attempted second-degree murder, eventually spending two years and six months in prison. While in prison, he worked on honing his music skills and resumed his rapping career after being released. Today, Bang has emerged as a powerful composer and rapper in the contemporary scene. He has accumulated a huge fan base on various social media outlets that continues to grow with passing time. The talented rapper considers rapping a gateway to happiness and peace.
- Fredo Bang met future rapper Gee Money in elementary school and the duo soon started collaborating as teenagers. Their early collaborations were “I-Phone 6”, “Rainy Days” and “I Love Pu$$y”. These were followed by the songs “Sweet Lady” and “Who Gone Ride For You”. Bang ended the year 2015 with “Nothing Wrong” which was produced by B-Real. His first viral hit “Thuggin” came out in June 2016, after his arrest.
- In October 2018, Bang released his debut mixtape titled “2 Face Bang”. The 14-track tape featured songs like “Oouuh”, “Bangville”, “Status”, “Father” and “Shootas on the Roof”. “Father” was a song dedicated to his close friends, fellow collaborator Gee Money and his former best friend, Krazy Trey, both of whom died young. Its music video has garnered over 16 million views on YouTube. Also, the official video of “Oouuh” has over 18 million views on the social platform. Bang’s other 2018 releases include “Die Na”, “Slide”, “Envy”, "My Lil Juvie" and "My Ex's".
- In 2019, Bang released his album ‘Big Ape,’ which featured the hits "Story to Tell" and "Gangsta Talk", the latter of which featured Nle Choppa. With millions of views on YouTube, these songs are extremely funny and amusing! Other songs from the album ‘Big Ape’ include "Free Melvin" and "Pray To GOD". The talented rapper also released a song titled "Ingredients" from his album ‘We all Shine.’ His other 2019 releases are "Mansion Party" and “Fredo 2X”.
- Fredo Bang was born as Fredrick T. Givens II on March 29, 1996 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. His mother, who works as a teacher, separated from his father when he was just a year old. Following his parents’ divorce, his mother remarried a cleaning company owner. Bang has four sisters and five brothers. He has several tattoos, mainly on his arms.
- In January 2016, the rapper was arrested in relation to a shooting that had taken place in November 2015, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and was subsequently charged with attempted second-degree murder. He also faced charges of aggravated damage to property and illegal use of a weapon. Bang faced up to 40 years in prison. However, he was released in May 2018, after spending two years and a half in jail.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed