Flynn Morrison Biography
Flynn Morrison is an American child actor who has garnered fame for portraying Boyd Baxter in the situational comedy ‘Last Man Standing’. A native of California, Morrison is growing up not far from the epicentre of American cinema and has always wanted to become an actor. He landed the role of Boyd Baxter in season two of the show. The character was originally played by Evan and Luke Kruntchev in the first season before Morrison replaced them. He continued to portray the character until season six. In season seven, he himself was replaced by fellow American child actor Jet Jurgensmeyer. Morrison has also guest-starred in a season three episode of teen mystery thriller drama series ‘Pretty Little Liars’. He is not that active on social media. He has a Twitter account but has not posted anything there in the past three years.
- Flynn Morrison landed the role of Boyd Baxter in the ABC sitcom ‘Last Man Standing’ when he was about seven years old. The show debuted on October 11, 2011, and in that season, his character was portrayed by the twins Evan and Luke Kruntchev. ‘Last Man Standing’ is decidedly a unique show on television. It revolves around Michael “Mike” Baxter (Tim Allen), a politically conservative, Protestant, middle-aged businessman who adheres to archetypal American values. He is married to Vanessa Baxter (Nancy Travis), who is a geologist. She was previously employed at a company which does hydraulic fracturing or "fracking". By season four, she becomes disillusioned with her job and returns to school so she could become a school teacher. After getting fired from her teaching job due to budgetary cuts, Vanessa opens her own tutoring business.
- Mike and Vanessa have three daughters: Kristin Beth (Alexandra Krosney in season one and Alexandra Krosney from season two onwards), Amanda Elaine "Mandy" (Molly Ephraim from season one to six and Molly McCook from season seven onwards), and Eve (Kaitlyn Dever). Boyd is the son of Kristin and her liberal, vegan, atheist husband Ryan Vogelson (Nick Jonas in season one and Jordan Masterson from season two onwards).
- Mike and Vanessa are his maternal grandparents. In season one, Ryan leaves US after Kristin becomes pregnant with Boyd but later returns to assume his responsibilities. Boyd’s father and grandfather often clash with each other on political, religious, and social issues. However, Mike recognizes that Ryan loves his daughter and grandson and is a good provider for them.
- When Morrison joined the cast in season two, Boyd’s age jumped three years from what it was in season one. When Boyd was born, his parents were still high school students. He had to live with his grandparents before moving in with his parents in their apartment in season three. At first, he attended Wilson Elementary but later enrolled at Clark, which is supposed to be a better option. His father has since taken him out of school and homeschools him.
- Due to its conservative content, the show has garnered controversy since the beginning. Tim Allen’s real-life political views and certain comments did not help the matter either. The original deal between ABC and the 20th Century Fox Television, the distributor of the show, was for six seasons. That meant if the seventh season were produced by ABC, they would have to bear the cost. In May 2017, ABC cancelled the show after airing six seasons. The cancellation caused significant outrage among the fans as the show was quite popular. Eventually, Fox decided to air it on their own network. ‘Last Man Standing’ made its debut on Fox on September 28, 2018.
- Morrison and Molly Ephraim were the two casualties of the transition, as both of their characters were recast. Jet Jurgensmeyer joined the cast in season seven to portray Boyd Baxter.
- In 2012, he guest-starred in the season three episode, ‘Single Fight Female’, of ABC Family/Freeform’s show ‘Pretty Little Liars’, portraying Malcolm Cutler, the son of Maggie Cutler (Larisa Oleynik). Maggie originally thinks that Ezra Fitz (Ian Harding) is Malcolm’s father, but it later turns out to be an unknown man with whom she had a one-night stand.
- Flynn Morrison was born on March 17, 2005, in Los Angeles, California, USA. Little is known about his family and upbringing. Morrison began his career by appearing in several commercials.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed