Eva Green Biography
Girlfriend: Marton Csokas (ex-boyfriend)
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Eva Gaëlle Green
Born in: Paris
Famous as: Model, Actress
father: Walter Green
mother: Marlène Jobert
siblings: Joy Green
education: American University of Paris, St. Paul Drama School, Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art
Eva Green is a French model and actress who is best recognized for her role of Sibylla, Queen of Jerusalem, in the historical flick ‘Kingdom of Heaven’ and of Bond girl Vesper Lynd in the movie ‘Casino Royale’. A daughter of the famous actress Marlène Jobert, Green has also done moderate work in the television industry. Her most popular TV roles include that of Vanessa Ives in the horror drama ‘Penny Dreadful’. The actress, who considers herself "nerdy," has a wide range of interests besides acting. She is an avid museum visitor and an aspiring art connoisseur. She also loves composing music, cooking, and collecting art. Green, who has studied acting at the Weber Douglas Academy of dramatic Art in London, also has an interest in directing and has studied the subject at New York University’s Tisch School of Arts. On a personal note, she has a fraternal twin sister. She also has a lot of cousins who are renowned artistes in the entertainment industry.
- Eva Green appeared on a magazine cover when she was just two months old. She first acted on stage in the plays ‘Jalousie en Trois Fax’ and ‘Turcaret’ in the early 2000s. She made her film debut in 2003, appearing as Isabelle in the drama film ‘The Dreamers’. Soon after, she bagged a role in the crime-adventure ‘Arsène Lupin’. Green was cast as Sibylla of Jerusalem in ‘Kingdom of Heaven’ (2005), a film about the Crusades. Around this time, she was considered for a role in Brian De Palma's movie ‘The Black Dahlia,’ which she turned down. She then played the role of Serafina Pekkala in the screen adaption of the novel ‘The Golden Compass’ in 2007.
- The French actress got featured as the tormented artist Emilia in the fantasy flick ‘Franklyn’ in 2008. She next filmed ‘Cracks’ where she played the role of a teacher at a girls' school who falls in love with one of her students. Green then appeared in the movie ‘Womb’ where she portrayed a lady who clones her dead boyfriend. After this, she starred as Morgan le Fay in the TV series ‘Camelot’ in 2011. In 2012, she had a role as a vengeful witch in Tim Burton's ‘Dark Shadows.’ Two years later, she played Artemisia in the movie 300’s sequel ‘300: Rise of an Empire’.
- From 2014 till 2016, the actress portrayed the character of Vanessa Ives in the horror series ‘Penny Dreadful’. During this time, she also played the titular role in the ‘Sin City’ sequel titled ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’ (2014). Green appeared in the flick ‘Home for Peculiar Children’ after a couple of years. In 2017, she got featured as Elle in Roman Polanski’s drama film ‘Based on a True Story’. That year, she also played Emilie in the Swedish-British-German flick ‘Euphoria’.
- In addition to her acting career, Eva Green has done endorsement campaigns for numerous high-end brands and companies including Montblanc, Emporio Armani, Breil, Lancôme, Christian Dior and Heineken.
- Eva Gaëlle Green was born on 6 July 1980 in Paris, France. Her mother, Marlène Jobert, is a famous French actress and singer. Her father, Walter Green, is a dentist as well as an occasional actor. Green has a twin sister named Joy who is married to an Italian count. Her sister and her husband lives in Normandy. Through her father, Eva Green is a great-granddaughter of music critic/composer Paul Le Flem. She is also a niece of the Swedish-French actress Marika Green and cinematographer Christian Berger as well as a first cousin of actress Joséphine Jobert and Elsa Lunghini. She grew up in France and studied at the English-speaking institution, the American University of Paris. She also spent time in Ireland and London while growing up. As she was incredibly shy in her youth, the actress’ mother sent her to a therapist. Later, Green took acting lessons in order to become more sociable.
- The actress attended St. Paul Drama School in Paris. At the drama school, she always picked the evil roles. She believed that playing such roles was a good way to deal with her everyday emotions. Later, she studied acting from Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Green, who is an introvert, lives alone and leads a low-key life. She does not like to party and instead loves spending her free time relaxing at home. The actress has a deep interest in entomology and taxidermy. She is a UNICEF supporter. Green is not religious though she believes in supernatural forces. She has a dog named Griffin.
- Coming to her love life, the French actress dated actor Marton Csokas 2005 to 2009. Currently, she is supposedly single. As of now, she is not active on social media.
- Eva Green is known for her signature “smokey eye” makeup. She doesn’t see her films much as she doesn't enjoy watching herself on the big screen. She would love to work with the artistes Stephen Daldry, Tim Burton, Spike Jonze, and Michel Gondry in future. One of her dream acting roles is to portray a serial killer.
- This actress is the fifth French artist to play the role of a Bond girl.
- In 2017, she was among the over 80 ladies who accused American film producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault/harassment.
- She received an appreciation letter from author Philip Pullman for her performance in the screen-adaption of his novel ‘The Golden Compass.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed