Astrid Berges-Frisbey Biography
Astrid Berges- is an actress of Spanish origin. She started acting when she was in school where she participated in plays as a hobby. She didn’t think about acting as a profession then, because the environment in the countryside prevented her from thinking about acting. Astrid’s personal features were crucial in getting her the roles that she later got. The girl has been gifted with two-tone irises (the result of a condition called sectoral heterochromia). Her soft bone structure and foreign accent made her the natural choice for the role of Sofi in the movie I Origins (2014). The stylish actor says that “I am starting from zero every time, never repeating myself.” This, she says makes her very worried at times and makes her happy too, thinking that she is improving with each project. Astrid gives a lot of importance to her character’s details. She makes sure she is well aware of how they move, speak and behave. The other plus of Astrid’s personality is that she is fluent in five languages - Catalan, Spanish, Italian, French and English.
- Astrid Berges-Frisbey was born on 26 May 1986 at Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Her father was of Spanish origin while her mother a French-American. She is the eldest among three sisters.
- When she was just 2 years old, her parents divorced and she was taken to France at the age of 5. She was brought up in a small town near La Rochelle, France.
- Astrid’s mother worked for the Chanel store in Paris, which is why she is very close to the brand and is the brand ambassador for the company.
- Astrid has gained recognition because of her role as Suzanne in ‘The Sea Wall’, and Sofi in ‘I Origins’. In the movie, Astrid plays the girlfriend of a doctor who is researching on the genetic evolution of sight and the actor’s heterochromia was helpful for this role.
- Convinced that acting was her calling, Astrid made her acting debut in 2007 on French television when she was 21 years old.
- Her maiden feature film, ‘The Sea Wall’ came in 2008. The grooming she received at the drama school helped her bag these roles.
- Astrid made her foray into English films in 2011, for which she had to learn English, when she was chosen by director Rob Marshall and producer Jerry Bruckheimer. This was the much awaited film, ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides’ for which Astrid had to appear for several auditions in France, America and the U.K.
- For the role of mermaid Syrena in the movie, the actor was confined indoors while shooting in Hawaii so that her skin looked pale because of not being exposed to sunlight for long.
- The model-actor’s repertoire also boasts of Spanish and French movies. She starred in the Spanish film, ‘El Sexo De Los Ángeles’ alongside Llorenç González and Álvaro Cervantes.
- Astrid played the protagonist Juliette in the coming-of-age French film ‘Juliette’ (2013), which deals with youth and the Eurozone crisis.
- The next English movie on her work list was ‘I Origins’ (2014) in which she played the character of Sofi. The film was directed by Mike Cahill and its cast included Michael Pitt and Brit Marling.
- Astrid stepped into the world of modelling in 2010 for French campaigns.
- The Spanish actor’s upcoming movie is ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’ (2017) in which she is playing the character of Guinevere. The movie is an Australian-American epic adventure drama film, which has been directed by Guy Ritchie.
- She played the character of Carla in the Spanish film ‘El Sexo de Los Angeles’ (The Sex of the Angels), which released in 2012.
- The gorgeous lady played the part of Patricia in the 2011 French romantic drama film ‘La Fille du Puisatier’ (The Well Digger’s Daughter).
- Besides these roles, Astrid has also done several other movies like ‘Bruc’, ‘la Llegenda’ (2010), ‘La ReineMorte’, ‘La Premiere Etolie’, ‘Extase’ (2009), ‘Un Barrage Contre le Pacifique’ (2008) and ‘Divine Emilie’ (2007).
- Astrid won the Trophée Chopard Award for Female Revelation of the Year at the Cannes Film Festival in 2011.
- In 2009, she bagged the Prix Suzanne Bianchetti award which is given every year to the most promising young film actress in French cinema.
- The beautiful lady was also nominated for the David di Donatello Award for best actress in Rome in 2016 for the movie Alaska.
- For Bruc, la Llegenda (2010), she was nominated for the Gaudi award in the best actress category.
- Astrid started working early in life; she worked as a waitress for five summers after her father shifted to the Dominican Republic.
- The actor relocated to Paris when she was 17 to follow a career in Osteopathy but had to struggle a lot because she didn’t know anybody there.
- As fate would have it, Astrid’s father died when he was 46 and this tragedy made her realize that she needed to think about her life and acting seriously. She completed her graduation and then enrolled in a drama school.
- There were reports that the Spanish actor was dating movie actor Pierre Perrier in 2011. In 2014 she was spotted with English actor Charlie Hunnam in London.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed