Ella Balinska Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Born Country: England
Born in: London, England
Famous as: Actress
father: Kaz Balinski-Jundzill
mother: Lorraine Pascale
City: London, England
education: Arts Educational Schools London
Ella Balinska is an English actor, best known for her performance as 'Jane Kano,’ one of the "Angels" from 'Charlie's Angels.' A graduate from the 'Arts Educational Schools,' she is not only trained in acting but is also well-versed in combat skills. Her combat skills eventually earned her the role of 'Jane Kano,' which has been her most prominent and successful role to date. Balinska began her career with short films and eventually transitioned to TV. Though she is currently associated with only a few TV projects, she has recently played the lead role in 'The Athena.'
- Balinska was born on October 4, 1996, in London, England. Her father, Kaz Balinski-Jundzill, is a Polish entrepreneur and musician, and her mother, Lorraine Pascale, is an English chef and model. She is of British, Polish, and Jamaican ethnicity.
- She attended the 'James Allen's Girls' School' in Dulwich, London, till 2015 and graduated from the 'Guildford School of Acting' in July 2018. Balinska also learned combat skills at the 'Academy of Performance Combat.' She is trained in using 12 weapons (including the knife, the single sword, the double sword, the gladius, the axel shield, the broadsword, the short staff, and the long staff) and fists.
- Balinska learned acting at several schools, including the 'Arts Educational Schools' in London.
- Balinska was a county-level netball player and a national-level track and field athlete. She has participated in the 'Thames Valley' championship from 2009 to 2014. She even played javelin for the London team.
- In 2015, Balinska made her acting debut with the short films 'Junction 9' (as 'Tanya Mason') and 'Thanatos' (as 'Clarice Spinoza'). She subsequently made appearances in a string of short films, such as 'Hunted' (as 'Agent A. Fox'), 'Tiers of the Tropics' (as 'Orla'), 'Clover' (as 'Maya'), 'Room' (as 'Meghan'), '10 Men & Gwen' (as 'Cristina'), and 'A Modern Tale' (as 'Esme').
- In 2017, she gained her first prominent role as the lead, 'Nyela Malik,' in the 2019 series 'The Athena.' Her character was portrayed as a former model, joining school after the end of her modeling career following a controversial interview.
- The following year, she made two single-episode appearances: as 'Susie Barbour' in ‘BBC's longest-running emergency medical drama, 'Casualty,' and as 'Grace Briggs' in the ‘ITV’ detective drama 'Midsomer Murders.'
- Balinska's first big film project was the 2019 'Sony Pictures Entertainment' action–comedy production 'Charlie's Angels,' adapted from the 1976 TV series of the same name. She played 'Jane Kano,' a former ‘MI-6’ agent and an ''Angel,'' co-starring with Kristen Stewart and Naomi Scott, as 'Sabina Wilson' and 'Elena Houghlin,' respectively.
- Balinska reprised the role in a cameo for the short film 'Ru's Angels,' released the same year. She was seen as the nervous and hard-working single mother 'Shari' in the 2020 horror film 'Run Sweetheart Run.' The film premiered at the 'Sundance Film Festival’ that year.
- Balinska's mother is a former model recognized as the first black British model to be on the cover of 'Elle' magazine in the U.S. Her mother also hosts a ‘BBC’ show (as a chef), is the owner of a retail baked-goods store in London, and is a best-selling author.
- Balinska's parents got married in 1995 and divorced in 2000. Despite that, she has maintained a strong bond with her father. She regularly travels to Ireland to meet him and spend time with him.
- In her spare time, she enjoys cycling, shopping, and dancing. Her favorite actors are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Balinska relishes pizzas and sushi, while her favorite holiday destinations are the ‘Runyon Canyon Park,’ the ‘Six Senses Laamu’ in the Maldives, and the ‘Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.’
- Balinska is a huge fan of the Japanese animation film studio 'Studio Ghibli' and its productions. She believes 'Howl's Moving Castle,' 'Nausicaa,' and 'Princess Mononoke' are some of the best animes ever produced in the recent times. She admires such films because of their strong female characters, which are relatable, especially with the younger audiences.
- She admires American rapper Jaden Smith for his sense of style. She herself is a style icon and made headlines when she sported a long-sleeved high-neck custom 'Prada' gown, a pair of black glitter 'Louboutin' pumps, and a statement 'Cartier' necklace that she wore backward and underneath her dress, during the 'Charlie's Angels' premiere in London.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed